Options

Katie Price: standing up for Harvey

Comments

• Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    If you read any of the #frankieboyle tweets you can see that i was others who mentioned petitions and geting thinges trending,. She may have run with these ideas, but they weren't hers in the first place.

And anyway, I don't have a problem with it.

It was not just others changa, Katie Price herself on the Sky blog chat stated that "we should think of something...". There is now a site on Twitter of which KP has tweeted for others to tweet. Unfortunately, some that are tweeting are just as bad as Frankie Boyle which I am certain in no way benefits Harvey. :eek:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was nice to see Harvey coming along well. I seem to have been watching Harvey's progress since he was a baby. So it's nice to see him doing so well now.

I also thought the scenes with the other disabled people were quite touching. Their stories of bullying were very sad.
  • Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not condoning FB at all and felt KP came across "somewhat" ok during the show, but I do think she should have taken the moral highground and not referred to the "joke" as much.

I just kept thinking of that incident in Pete's reality show when Junior piped up with "mommy says Claire looks like an elephant".

Not even in the same league I know, but extremely rude all the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I won't be posting for a while(won't have time to) so just want to say that i hope in a long run kp learns to put her children's needs first. No one is saying she must not have a life but her children are/should be priority. Nobody is perfect but her behaviour over the years hasn't helped her image.More quality time wouldn't go a miss too with her children.imo
    I feel sorry for kp's heartbreak over harvey but he was placed in her life for a reason and they are more financialy secure than most.
    She also needs to learn to rise above certain things.
    Peter is a great father to all his children and if katie and him work together amicably to raise their children...things can only get better for their young family.
    They both have made mistakes previously but lets hope things improve for the future wether they get back together or not and i think we must not forget the many other helpers who also contribute in the upbriging of their children.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KP is doing herself no favours by banging on about Frankie Boyle. Yes, we know the joke was hurtful and in poor taste and should never have been told, but this is old news - by raking it up again, KP is doing a disservice to Harvey by reminding the world about the wretched joke!

I'm also finding the twitter campaign distasteful. It smacks of bully-boy (or should that be girl?) tactics and a mob mentality.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Another thing that bothered me was that her closing statement said that she hoped the documentary would have shown what she has to deal with every day. Umm.. sorry love, but first of, I thought this was about Harvey, and second, you don't have to deal with it every day. You're off out and about more than you spend with him, hence him going crazy if he sees you in the morning thinking you'll be with him all day. That should tell you all you need to know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    Not condoning FB at all and felt KP came across "somewhat" ok during the show, but I do think she should have taken the moral highground and not referred to the "joke" as much.

I just kept thinking of that incident in Pete's reality show when Junior piped up with "mommy says Claire looks like an elephant".

Not even in the same league I know, but extremely rude all the same.

Hahaha yes there is a big difference, Katie said that in the comfort of her own home (that doesn't make it right I know). Bad one that Junior went out and repeated it, but its not like she's making money out of calling Claire an elephant, that's what Frankie Boyle was doing.. it was part of his act.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    What does BIB mean? :o

Bit in bold (the highlighted text)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    leesh2810 wrote: »
    Hahaha yes there is a big difference, Katie said that in the comfort of her own home (that doesn't make it right I know). Bad one that Junior went out and repeated it, but its not like she's making money out of calling Claire an elephant, that's what Frankie Boyle was doing.. it was part of his act.
    Seeing as the remark, be it repeated by her son, did make it to her show, she too was making money out of it.
    If she's so against bullying and making fun of people, making sure comments like that are being cut out should be a priority.
    (and yes, I understand that this was Pete's show so she would not have any control over it, but I'm sure it wasn't the first or last comment made about other people's appearance.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member

Katie has said plenty of nasty things about others before and made fun of people, in public. No it's not the same as what Frankie Boyle did but she did get herself in the papers alot in the past for having public feuds with others and being very bitchy
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit in bold (the highlighted text)

• Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give me strength. Sigh.

This is the same Katie Price that retweeted a joke about a journalist getting HIV the day after World Aids Day.

http://www.handbag.com/celebrity/the-gossip-mill/katie-price-in-hiv-controversy

She's a total hypocrite.

For the record, Frankie Boyle's joke was in bad taste, but I'm finding Katie Price's cynical attempt to rebrand herself as the champion of disabled rights even more so.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MD1500 wrote: »
    Give me strength. Sigh.

This is the same Katie Price that retweeted a joke about a journalist getting HIV the day after World Aids Day.

http://www.handbag.com/celebrity/the-gossip-mill/katie-price-in-hiv-controversy

She's a total hypocrite.

For the record, Frankie Boyle's joke was in bad taste, but I'm finding Katie Price's cynical attempt to rebrand herself as the champion of disabled rights even more so.

Well if i remember correctly it was retweeted then deleted very quickly after that if i am not mistaken. So maybe as she said it was an accident and she meant to tweet another one (highly unlikely, but i have done simalar stuff where i have ended up texting the wrong person something i wish i hadnt, LOL)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDee wrote: »
    Katie has said plenty of nasty things about others before and made fun of people, in public. No it's not the same as what Frankie Boyle did but she did get herself in the papers alot in the past for having public feuds with others and being very bitchy

I was not a fan of Jade Goody and was against the media circus surrounding her when she was dying of cancer, but I do remember Jordan having a dig at Jade because she was getting all the media attention and she [Jordan] didn't like it one bit. The woman is a total hypocrite, but she plays on the fact that the public have a very short memory for her vile actions and she is now trying to repackage herself as the new mother Theresa, unfortunately many people will fall for it.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But this is usually the case in her shoe 'Katie'... Or don't you watch it? The last episode showed this alot.

:confused: at the BIB

What's to be confused about? That's how it was.

No, I don't watch Katie. Why would I when I don't like the woman? It doesn't surprise me that she's changed her image though. She isn't daft and she knows the old Jordan isnt working anymore so she needs a new path and here it is - back to everyday, regular mum.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    *Sigh* I agree. I'm glad the programme came across well but here she is again, imo ruining what was a one-off opportunity to rise above FB's crap and make the focus Harvey. Ideally, what should be happening now is lots of feedback on Harvey and the issues raised in the programme, not a triumphant twitter campaign to try and force an apology out of a man who, I am guessing, will find this - and her - beneath contempt.

I'm speculating here but - had she omitted any reference to FB on this prog, and focused solely on the challenges etc, and FB happened to watch it, there's a possibility that he might have contacted her privately and offered an apology. This way? Knowing that she would gloat publicly about it? A resounding no. It just shows how little insight she has into the distaste people feel about the way she sells her life for publicity. Which, ironically, is why FB targeted her in the first place.

One step forward, 2 backwards as usual.

I agreer Lexi
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    I think it's good that someone with a big profile can draw attention to the issue. I didn't see the show, but if done well it would be a good thing. But why is she chasing Boyle now on twitter, I don't see how that would help.
    Blondie you were right, it has worked, there are lots tweets saying "Katie Price is an amazing mum" I think they are trying to get it trending.Personally I think Channel 4 should have apologised when they were asked to (don't understand why they wouldn't) and it wouldn't have come to this.

Not surprised at all. Even my OH was saying how well she came across. She's thought this out very carefully and planned the exact note to go for to show the public her caring side and people will fall for it just as they did before.

Looks like we could be stuck with her for a while
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really like her very much, but I don't think it is fair to criticise her as a mother. What is a perfect mother? I saw nothing wrong with her mothering skills towards Harvey at all.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a great show, and I liked that whilst she was highlighting the Frankie Boyle saga, she was also highlighting what every day life is like with a disabled child, and what it is like for other disabled people too. She will never please some people, so it's not a surprise that some people have still found things to criticise.
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    Another thing that bothered me was that her closing statement said that she hoped the documentary would have shown what she has to deal with every day. Umm.. sorry love, but first of, I thought this was about Harvey, and second, you don't have to deal with it every day. You're off out and about more than you spend with him, hence him going crazy if he sees you in the morning thinking you'll be with him all day. That should tell you all you need to know.

It tells you all you need to know. To me, it simply says that Harvey needs a routine, and his routine doesn't involve seeing his mum before he goes to school. And if he did, it would disrupt his routine. It's quite clear that she spends a lot of time with Harvey, and knows exactly how to give him his meds, and knows how to calm him down etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What does making money have to do with anything? A nasty comment is a nasty comment, and I don't see why it should be OK for KP to be doing it, when she's criticising other for doing so. Sadly, she's so clueless, she doesn't realise how hypocritical she's being. She's more than happy to publically slag off other people - be it former management, ex partners, other people in the public eye or fans/random people who cross her path.

I wonder if KP would be prepared to publically apologise to people she's offended with her comments over the years?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »

It tells you all you need to know. To me, it simply says that Harvey needs a routine, and his routine doesn't involve seeing his mum before he goes to school. And if he did, it would disrupt his routine. It's quite clear that she spends a lot of time with Harvey, and knows exactly how to give him his meds, and knows how to calm him down etc.

Then how come it isn't in his routine to see his mum first thing in the morning, like it is for millions of children all over the world?
    The fact that it disrupts his routine if he does see his mum tells me that she isn't there a whole lot.

And sure, she knows how to give him his meds, what does she want, an award? He is her son! She should know!

The documentary last night only showed a few clips of her with Harvey, and did not say how when the other kids are with their dad she leaves Harvey with her mum and nannies to go and play with her latest flavour of the month. It never showed if/how Harvey responds to 'the routine being disrupted' when mummy brings in a new bloke, or when the camera crew is there yet again.

I'm not saying she doesn't have a bond with the boy, or that she doesn't love him, but why praise her for it? Isn't that what being a mum is all about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then how come it isn't in his routine to see his mum first thing in the morning, like it is for millions of children all over the world?
    The fact that it disrupts his routine if he does see his mum tells me that she isn't there a whole lot.

And sure, she knows how to give him his meds, what does she want, an award? He is her son! She should know!

The documentary last night only showed a few clips of her with Harvey, and did not say how when the other kids are with their dad she leaves Harvey with her mum and nannies to go and play with her latest flavour of the month. It never showed if/how Harvey responds to 'the routine being disrupted' when mummy brings in a new bloke, or when the camera crew is there yet again.

I'm not saying she doesn't have a bond with the boy, or that she doesn't love him, but why praise her for it? Isn't that what being a mum is all about?

But those millions of kids who aren't disabled don't rely on a routine like Harvey's. He quite clearly has a strong bond with her, and not seeing her before school obviously enables him to be calmer in the mornings and get off to school ok.

But this is all just your opinion. It's your opinion that she doesn't spend any time with him when Princess and Junior aren't there, isn't it? Just like it seems to be your opinion that she's more bothered about her boyfriends than she is her kids.

Where did I praise her for having a bond with her son? I said that she clearly spend time with him and knows how to give him his meds and to calm him down. I will praise her for coping as well as she does with a severely disabled son, even if she does have help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    What does making money have to do with anything? A nasty comment is a nasty comment, and I don't see why it should be OK for KP to be doing it, when she's criticising other for doing so. Sadly, she's so clueless, she doesn't realise how hypocritical she's being. She's more than happy to publically slag off other people - be it former management, ex partners, other people in the public eye or fans/random people who cross her path.

I wonder if KP would be prepared to publically apologise to people she's offended with her comments over the years?

Yeah, a few things she says may be wrong and at the end of the day they are grown adults that can take it and defend themselves when necessary, I am not trying to justify it, its just this situation is very different to what you are comparing it to..
    This was an attack on a CHILD with a disability. You cant get any lower.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, a few things she says may be wrong and at the end of the day they are grown adults that can take it and defend themselves when necessary, I am not trying to justify it, its just this situation is very different to what you are comparing it to..
    This was an attack on a CHILD with a disability. You cant get any lower.

A nasty remark is a nasty remark, regardless of the age of the person it's aimed at! Personally, I think KP should just cut her losses over this and let it drop. What is an apology from FB going to achieve, other than yet more publicity for KP, and the opportunity to crow about winning? KP is coming across as a childish and spoilt brat, and if she keeps harping on about FB, she's going to start to lose any sympathy she gained. She could end up garnering sympathy for FB, especially if he keeps schtum while she screeches and tweets ever louder and more aggressively.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All that time and energy she's wasting on Frankie Boyle when she could be spending it with.. ohh.. her kids maybe? Just a thought....

(And yes, it is my opinion that she's not spending that much time with them, an opinion I formed from seeing her in all the magazines being out and about with her latest bloke, doing photo-shoots, interviews, and now this documentary for which she also did the voice over which must've took enough time... )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All that time and energy she's wasting on Frankie Boyle when she could be spending it with.. ohh.. her kids maybe? Just a thought....

(And yes, it is my opinion that she's not spending that much time with them, an opinion I formed from seeing her in all the magazines being out and about with her latest bloke, doing photo-shoots, interviews, and now this documentary for which she also did the voice over which must've took enough time... )

So now everything that is in a magazine is true? So, there is a few pictures of her out with Leandro, and that means she spends all her free time with him? She works, but not much. I'd imagine a lot of interviews are done at home, and doing a voice over for one TV show would hardly take that long.

It's quite clear you don't like her, and have formed your opinions and they're not going to be changed. Out of curiosity though, what's your opinion on Peter Andre?