Options

when is virgin media adding sky news aribia?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
Forum Member
when is virgin media adding sky news aribia (i think thats how to spell it? lol)

Comments

• Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Unless you understand the language as its not in English and it dos'nt have subtitles, its not worth watching. I watched it for a few minutes and then switched that channel off.
    Ian.
  • Options
    BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    psouth wrote: »
    when is virgin media adding sky news aribia (i think thats how to spell it? lol)
    If you want an Arabic news channel, Virgin Media have Al Jazeera Arabic on 836
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    psouth wrote: »

Why ask Virgin when it will be added, just get yourself a Freesat box and watch it in Non-Freesat mode?
  • Options
    weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I think Virgin tend to not try to bomard us with niche channels and they probably feel that Al Jazeera is enough in the way of Arabic news with both the English and Arabic services being carried and I don't think they'll exactly be crawling to Sky to get Sky News Arabia to be honest. The only real chance of this being carried is if Virgin can do a deal for other Sky channels and this is thrown in along with the others. There might be a better chance of a non Sky Arabic news channel being carried than the Sky one in my opinion.

Channels like Alarab, Al Arabiya, BBC Arabic and a handful of other probably have some chance of being added, although I don't think BBC really want the Arabic service to be on UK TV but it is broadcast on the internet so maybe if a carrier came forward, they might allow it to be shown.