Options

Tiscali Talk Talk ARE RUBBISH.

juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
Forum Member
Not only has my E Mail been messed aroud with to the point of non access for a week. ( its back now)

But thier SPEED is attrocious. For 4 years it has worked fine.

But now it is so SLOW that the Speedtest times out before it can test.
In fact I can barely access the speedtest page.
Home page Google Uk no access.

I have changed nothing this end so obviously
TISCALI TALK TALK BROADBAND HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS>

Incompetant engineers or company ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    correct they are.

those @:{%^ throttle beyond the threshold of life. i left when they rebranded for free
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not noticed TT throtling speeds at all. IIRC they and Tiscali are still run by separate companies although owned by TT.
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Not noticed TT throtling speeds at all. IIRC they and Tiscali are still run by separate companies although owned by TT.

Correct, both are part of the Talktalk group, but still run individually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only has my E Mail been messed aroud with to the point of non access for a week. ( its back now)

So, after four years of good service you encounter a problem and they are crap:rolleyes:
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    < So, after four years of good service you encounter a problem and they are crap >

Sounds like it doesn't it? Obvious nonsense. Wait a minute though, a couple of months after not being Tiscali any more suddenly they are crap? Not quite so nonsensical is it. Can't have the Tiscali bit showing up the other bit now can we.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Both, simple as that really
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnbee wrote: »
    < So, after four years of good service you encounter a problem and they are crap >

Sounds like it doesn't it? Obvious nonsense. Wait a minute though, a couple of months after not being Tiscali any more suddenly they are crap? Not quite so nonsensical is it. Can't have the Tiscali bit showing up the other bit now can we.

Well done you, I am glad someone pointed this out :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My newspaper today has a report that OFCOM are going to fine Talk Talk 10% of their turnover unless they stop demanding money and harrassing customers who have cancelled their service.
    Over 1000 people have formally complained about it and OFCOM are showing a bit of backbone about it. The fine will be on Dec 2nd.
    I don't know the actual figures for people they are attempting to get money from, for nothing, but obviously the 'over 1000' who have complained is not the full figure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    I had the same thing,I was with Tiscali and had no problems.When I was moved to "TT superfast network" on the 9th of september my speed fell through the floor almost to dialup speeds.Guess what? one phone call to a really helpfull customer service clerk had my speeds back up to 6.5.
    Nothing wrong with Talktalk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My newspaper today has a report that OFCOM are going to fine Talk Talk 10% of their turnover unless they stop demanding money and harrassing customers who have cancelled their service.
    Over 1000 people have formally complained about it and OFCOM are showing a bit of backbone about it. The fine will be on Dec 2nd.
    I don't know the actual figures for people they are attempting to get money from, for nothing, but obviously the 'over 1000' who have complained is not the full figure.

And what about all the complaints Ofcom received before this year?

Tiscali have been getting away with fraudulently charging and harassing ex-customers for years but Ofcom ignored the complaints saying "We cannot act on individual cases".

Those affected this year will be refunded and be duly compensated for the companies actions this year, What about all the ex-customers that have lost money to these thieves before January 1st?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    everybody has problems from time to time i dont have talk for broadband only phone but its been good for me im intending to move so from talk talk to sky talk next year so i if i have any problems its all under one roof plus the fact id only pay £7.50 for my broadband
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

:D:D
    Well said that chap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is turning fun :)

ive had an aful time with talk talk, first they didnt suspend the BB when the line was terminated, so i had to pay almost £80, took 1 month to start re-order of the bb and 3 more months to get a refund. in the end it took 1 month to get a mac code.

they were heavily throttling and capping me, went to o2 with no problems,absolute sham by the whole CPW business
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Throttle? I get a consistant 12-14mb off TT regardless. Very strange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, my connection cuts off at random times for random intervals. I'm fed up... Will probably switch to O2.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible company. Didn't have too many problems with Tiscali, apart from incompetent customer service, but once TT took them over it went all over the place. Virtually dial-up speeds (and we live in an area limited to about 1MB anyway), constant disconnections, terrible customer service, and they charged us for another month even after we'd left them.

With Plusnet now who are brilliant, highly underrated ISP not many people seem to give a chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dan48 wrote: »
    Indeed, my connection cuts off at random times for random intervals. I'm fed up... Will probably switch to O2.

Make sure you are in an O2 LLU area, because O2's Home Access service is also pretty crap. However their LLU services are well rated and respected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    < Yes there are complaints to Offcom but in reality thats reflects only a tiny amount of the TT users out there. >

Tiny? Do you realise that Talk Talk are being forced under threat of a penalty of £139 million to pay back money to over 40,000 customers? Or are you just a Talk Talk employee being dishonest?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After a month of interuppted e mail service ...BB outages and low speed Talk Talk have announced that they are altering the dates of thier billing.

This is only 3 months after "advancing " thier bill date / month.

Now they are bringing forward the "billing date " again, with some other additional charges in advance of something ...yadda yadda yadda...( i will have to double check )

Upshot is I will have to be vigilant that they do not bill me so far in advance that I pay before i get the service.:rolleyes:

Guaranteed that when billing dates are changed its always in favour of the Company.

(must be to pay the fine. )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    < Yes there are complaints to Offcom but in reality thats reflects only a tiny amount of the TT users out there. >

Tiny? Do you realise that Talk Talk are being forced under threat of a penalty of £139 million to pay back money to over 40,000 customers? Or are you just a Talk Talk employee being dishonest?

I'm a retired army/NHS nurse, no intention of ever working again, no need to :) . 40,000, I thought it would be more than that. Still a great service my end I'm happy to say :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I'm not looking forward to having to ring them on Monday for my mother. After some initial problems, random disconnections that seemed to turn into regular nightly disconnections and a maximum of 1.1Mb speeds when their online checker said she would get around 2.5Mb (and neighbours and others in village get this and higher speeds), everything seemed to settle down a bit. The disconnections stopped but the speed didn't increase unfortunately. No amount of pointing out to them next door neighbours get faster speeds, as does pretty much anyone with any other ISP in the village that you ask, will persuade them to look into it. In the end she decided to just give up as she didn't download music or movies or anything.

Well the nightly disconnections are back and for the last three days regular speed tests have not peaked above 0.6Mb/s.She's doing a basic internet course and was trying to use BBC iPlayer which is pretty much unusable at those speeds. We gave them three days in case it was a glitch but tonight the speed was still around the same, so it's a call to them on Monday when I get the time. :(

I can understand the issues with speeds if this exchange wasn't on their LLU network. They have even sent leaflets round advising us that the exchange has been upgraded and 24Mb broadband is now available, yet my mother and the other couple of TT customers I know in the village still get poor speeds.

I know a lot of people get a good service from them, and that's great, but the fact is many customers are unhappy. I've tried to persuade my mother to argue enough to leave them under a breach of contract, but she isn't the type unfortunately and they wont let me cancel on her behalf, although they will let me talk about the problems which seems a bit strange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My personal experience of TT was terrible. Signed up, promised everything would be sorted within 4-6 weeks. The phone itself was fine, but trying to get the internet with them was a joke, ended up paying for the internet with my old ISP AND with TT as they kept fobbing me off with excuses that I hadn't provided MAC codes (I did) then you could actually hear them laughing at how frustrated I was getting down the phone at them. They kept telling me I was stuck with them for a year and "tough" if I didn't like it.

Went to the OfComm, they came down in my favour as to how they'd messed me about (I'd kept very detailed records) and TT had to release me from my contract, still waiting for the £300 compensation they were ordered to pay me....... Just glad to be free of them to be honest.

I believe they've improved, but I would never go with them again or recommend them.
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are locked into a contract, but not getting the service you have paid for, then that service is "not fit for the purpose" (Sale Of Goods Act).

Try to record all telephone conversations with your ISP at your end (even if it means sticking a microphone next to the earpiece of the reciever) and keep all written correspondence. If, after a while, you don't get the service, speak to
    a. Citizens Advice
    b. Trading Standards
    c. a solicitor if you can afford one
    and see if you can take them to court. for your contaract to be terminated, your money back and compensation for lousy service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally Tiscali customer .....now sadlly
    Im on Talk Talk and they are shit.

Rarely do I get anything like full speed and when english kids go on school holiday I would be as well not opening laptop.

Couldnt watch BBC I player because of insufficient bandwidth so downloaded programme....that was 3 hours ago and it tells me there is 3 hours left to go.
    ( whats the point of saying download ??? )
    Dont even want to go into the complaints procedure but I do know that its not at my end.

Avoid Talk Talk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The desparate Talk Talk supporter demanding evidence for the wonderful company should explain why the company they support is the only one being fined £139 million pounds.