Do you think an Irish celebrity will ever be the face of L'Oreal?

Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you think present or even future women who are celebrities in Ireland will ever get to be the face of a L'Oreal product. As far I know,an Irish womanh as never endorsed the brand - just English and American and probably more.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    i know who i'd like it to be if an irish celeb was to be it but i know she isn't known in the uk
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    No, we all look like this:

http://www.fishing-hunting.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mooseDM2003_468x440.jpg

Seriously, why does it matter? :)
  • m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think this is a case of someone thinking out loud......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    m1pnk wrote: »
    i think this is a case of someone thinking out loud......
    yes it is but why not
  • lilymclyntyre95lilymclyntyre95 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Unless Ireland gets a huge breakout star in the acting/modelling career hugely popular in the UK and the Nation's Sweetheart of Ireland...then nope. Can't see it happening. All our celebrities over here are unknowns in the UK. I don't think they'll expand to the UK. They could be and be successful,they just seem happy where they are. Like Georgia Salpa and Rosanna Davison,they could be successful in the UK and front L'Oreal if they wanted to enough
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they don't think they're worth it.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    If L'Oreal is looking, it has the perfect candidate in Nadine from GA.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Father Ted's Mrs Doyle should be the next face of L;Oreal.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Agnes Brown from Mrs Brown Boys
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think there is an Irish woman glamourous and well known enough to carry a campaign at the moment. Who can say in the future?

It was rumoured Colin Farrell was considered and Gerry Butler is from a wee town in Scotland so it certainly is possible if you have the charisma or influence to pull it off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    amy huberman or grainne seoige are the top irish celebs and they're shite
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its something that keeps me awake all night :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    They should id buy anythin if it was advertised by an irish accent!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    If L'Oreal is looking, it has the perfect candidate in Nadine from GA.

She probably still thinks she is American.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a random question
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they don't think they're worth it.;)

not with the state their economy is in at the moment
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah.OX wrote: »
    Do you think present or even future women who are celebrities in Ireland will ever get to be the face of a L'Oreal product. As far I know,an Irish womanh as never endorsed the brand - just English and American and probably more.

I looked up the word "banal" in my dictionary and this question was there... spooky!

And another thing... will aLiverpudlian celebrity ever be used as Gillette Best You Can Get Man?!?!?

:rolleyes:
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedwould.
  • muldranmuldran Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Somewhere, there's an inappropriate comment involving tarmac.
  • super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I dont think there is an Irish woman glamourous and well known enough to carry a campaign at the moment. Who can say in the future?

It was rumoured Colin Farrell was considered and Gerry Butler is from a wee town in Scotland so it certainly is possible if you have the charisma or influence to pull it off.

I disagree, take a trip to Ireland if you get chance and you will see some of the most beautiful girls in the world with their dark hair and wonderful blue irish eyes ... they are stunning and probably too humble to consider themselves as glamorous, they don't need make up and surgery they are natural beauties :):)
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, take a trip to Ireland if you get chance and you will see some of the most beautiful girls in the world with their dark hair and wonderful blue irish eyes ... they are stunning and probably too humble to consider themselves as glamorous, they don't need make up and surgery they are natural beauties :):)
    Why do you start your post saying you disagree, then go on to comfirm what the previous posters have been saying?

No-one said there are no beautiful women in Ireland, but to be considered for a campaign like L'Oreal, you need more than beauty. You need to be well known and have a glamorous image. You admit that glamour and beauty are two distinct things.

It is a daft question, but I'd go with the majority. No reason why not if the right person comes along and fancied it.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    "Becoz Eem Wort it...so I am"
  • super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jem19876 wrote: »
    Why do you start your post saying you disagree, then go on to comfirm what the previous posters have been saying?

No-one said there are no beautiful women in Ireland, but to be considered for a campaign like L'Oreal, you need more than beauty. You need to be well known and have a glamorous image. You admit that glamour and beauty are two distinct things.

It is a daft question, but I'd go with the majority. No reason why not if the right person comes along and fancied it.

Andrea Corr is well known but doubt she would even go down that route as she has talent and looks but I take your point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... All our celebrities over here are unknowns in the UK. ...

Why is that? Is it because you are quite insular or just keeping all the goodies to yourself ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Nadine has to be in the running, she's well known and beautiful.