What is with Sky One's obsession with Angela Griffiths?

AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
Forum Member
✭✭
Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Angela and think she's a good actress. But we've had the dreadful chatshow "Angela & Friends" and "Emergency with Angela". Not to mention the various one-off documentaries that she's appeared in. And now she is about to appear in their new comedy/drama "Mount Pleasant".
I just don't understand why Sky One in particular are over-using her like this. Is she knocking off one of the producers of the channel or something?

Comments

• TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it might be very likely, friends in high places and all that :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    She can't act. and she has the biggest feet i've ever seen on a woman
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who exactly is Angela Griffiths?
  • TheExecutionerTheExecutioner Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Do you mean Angela Griffin? :confused:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    She was hired in a Golden Handcuffs deal but everything she's done with them has bombed.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean Angela Griffin? :confused:
    Oops! Yes, Angela Griffin. See? She hasn't ever even been that big an actress - I can't even get the woman's bloody name right and yet there she is popping up everywhere on Sky1!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A rather bland former soap actress of average-to-middling fame.

Sky One's UK programming is generally quite tacky. Mount Pleasant looks awful.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you rather have Katie Price instead? I know I'd rather have Angela presenting.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela and Friends is one of the worst programmes I've ever seen. It was like a parody of a daytime show it was so awful, and it made me cringe how they'd refer to their viewers as "friends". For example "Another friend has e-mailed in to say.."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen her in a few things, but she always seems to play the same character, same accent, same sort of look - she plays herself basically (from what I've seen that is, I doubt I've seen everything).
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be a pool of presenters that appear on anything and everything, Ant and Dec, Vernon Kaye, Philip Schofield, Ferne Cotton, blah, blah, blah. I could go on but it would get as boring as the predictable faces that we can't escape from. Angela is just one of many.:yawn:
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's a friendly, down to earth, talented, gracious and charasmatic person possibly, no?
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her in Waterloo Road, wish she'd just stick to acting
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I've seen her in a few things, but she always seems to play the same character, same accent, same sort of look - she plays herself basically (from what I've seen that is, I doubt I've seen everything).

I totally agree.

Also I'm ever hopeful that Sky renew her contract with them because I never have to accidently stumble upon her great 'talent' now.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Because she's a friendly, down to earth, talented, gracious and charasmatic person possibly, no?

Emmm no. I disagree with that.