My darling cat Turbo, is missing,

1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    So sorry for your loss, he obviously loved you as much as you loved him, and he was trying to get home to you. RIP Turbo x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    Update on Turbo......

My heart is in a thousand pieces.. Boo was returned home to us tonight, but alas; he was sleeping. We know not how, or when he passed, but I take comfort in the fact he's home. My darling, wonderful boy; is home. He was left on our courtyard outside the kitchen, in a large bag, so very undignified for my darling boy. The what if's will resound around my head, but I can't try to solve it, what will it prove, it wont fix the fact that he's gone, and that isn't ever going to change.
    But; he's home. That's all I can focus on; he's home.

I'm going to call my Vets tomorrow, and organise the send off he so rightly deserves.

My Darling, darling Boo... Thank you, for six, so very wonderful years. The gap you've left is so immense. But, I know you're looking out for me. I loved you so much, and still do. You've left such large paws to fill. You were one in a million Turbs, and I love you, so very, very much. Sleep so peacefully my darling boy. Sleep tight. I'll see you on the Bridge one day. xxxx

I'm so so sorry :cry: How awful he was just left though, without any note or anything to say what happened. Glad he's back with you though so he and your mind can rest. Sending all my love and prayers xxx Edit: Just seen about the barns, how frustrating he was so close :( xx
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again everyone. Your thoughts and words of comfort are helping. We found out yesterday, that he was found outside one of the barns in the farm just down the lane. I'm talking a mere 200 yards away from home. We'd walked all around there, and never saw him. I have no idea how or why he was there. The Vet also said when I took him yesterday, that he'd only been passed between 24 and 48 hours. He was so very thin though, and she said that even if he'd been able to get home to us, it's highly doubtful that he'd have been able to survive. The thought of him so very close to home has left me reeling today. Was he trying to get home to me, but was just too weak... If I'd have found him sooner, or someone else had, might we have saved him... I'll never know. I just know that I'm missing him, so; so much.

I'm having a bit of a tough time at the moment. I can't believe I'm never going to see him again, or hear him chatter to me. I miss him, and it hurts so much tonight.

Thanks again, to all of you. It does help to ramble it all out.

Sweetheart, I haven't been on here for a while and how my heart has sunk reading your very sad news.:cry: I'm crying with you coz I know what you're going through as indeed will other FM's.

Time is a great healer and please take comfort knowing we all support you and Turbo loved you.

All my love,
    Pip xxxxxxx
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Thank you all so much. I really can't tell you how much all your words of kindness has meant to me. I made a small album on FB of my darling boy, thought I'd share it with you.

My Darling Boo.

Friday will be when he's returned to me one last time. I ache to give him a hug. x
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shuttermaze I'm so very sorry to read the outcome of your precious Turbo. Like others, I've been following this thread praying he got home safe and sound to you. No words will ever be enough to take away your pain, only time can do that, but at the very least, find some peace in the fact that he's home now and you can say goodbye to your sweet boy. :cry:
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this thread, I've had a really, really crap day, but this is puts it all into perspective.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I hope you (and I hope this doesn't sound trite) gain a teeny amount of comfort that you can 'close the book' and least rest him in peace in the manner you see fit.

I will hug the Beast a bit closer tonight when he finally stampedes in, and think of Turbo.

Virtual hug to you Shuttermaze.
  • niki1969niki1969 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Am so sorry for your loss. Am sending you hugs xx
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking of you, Shuttermaze xxx
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So very sorry Shuttermaze that the story never had a happy ending :(
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Thank you all, so much.

I brought Boo home tonight, one last time. I feel so lost without him to hug at night. We're all feeling rather raw again, but time and memories will heal our pain,

Once again, Thank You all so very much for all your kind words of comfort. They really do mean such a lot to me. xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Thinking of you all tonight. xx
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Boo is home again where he belongs xx

Hugs shuttermaze xx
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry.xxxxxxxx
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you all, so much.

I brought Boo home tonight, one last time. I feel so lost without him to hug at night. We're all feeling rather raw again, but time and memories will heal our pain,

Once again, Thank You all so very much for all your kind words of comfort. They really do mean such a lot to me. xxx

I am sorry to have come late to your thread. We had a similar experience with a pet rabbit of ours who went missing one evening in January. Unfortunately, he never came back and we had him for 5 years. I can empathise with how you feel. Also, reading through this thread serves as inspiration where everyone has written such kind words I wish you and everyone all the best for the future from as I do with all pet owners who go through this pain, from the bottom of my heart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear the news about your beloved pet. He'll be waiting for you at the bridge and one day you can cross together. xXx
  • Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear about Turbo. I hope you get some comfort from the fact you gave him a good and happy life and he knew he was loved. He was a lucky cat.