Options

PES 2016 not listed by Konami

jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.psu.com/news/26763/Is-PES-2016-cancelled-No-mention-on-Konamis-release-list-this-year

It could be an oversight of the Winning Eleven myclub a new name for PES2016. It would be incredible for them not to release a PES after losing Kojima and Silent Hills.

Comments

• Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually it will happen just like in business the big fish eat the little fish and we'll only be left with one main player and that will be FIFA! Sad as it is. Back in the day different football games we reeled off all the time. Now the thought of creating a new one from scratch is just absurd.
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to some sources 'PES 2016 will be officially revealed in June 2015, Konami have confirmed.'
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The community manager said on twitter that pes wont be going anywhere. I doubt they would stop making it right after it won best sports game.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, despite finances it has been universally praised as better than fifa. would be off to see it stop this year

but it is always a worry no doubt.

sales compared to fifa must suck but what about comapred to other games? i am curious as how many games have a guaranteed hardcore fanbase that will buy it? maybe konami can still make some sort of profit on pes?

if they ever lose rights to prem players name then they are in big trouble though.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    yeah, despite finances it has been universally praised as better than fifa. would be off to see it stop this year

but it is always a worry no doubt.

sales compared to fifa must suck but what about comapred to other games? i am curious as how many games have a guaranteed hardcore fanbase that will buy it? maybe konami can still make some sort of profit on pes?

if they ever lose rights to prem players name then they are in big trouble though.

According to VGChartz (which isn't the most reliable but it's all we have), Pro Evo 15 sold 1.15m copies. I believe this is only physical copies and doesn't take into account any digital downloads, but I could be wrong on that.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and is that good? bad? average?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    and is that good? bad? average?

Hard to say. PES didn't appear on the 100 top selling games of 2014 but VGChartz breaks it down by platform. So FIFA might appear 6 times on that list for each console it was released on.

But if you look at it by how much they made it tells another story. How much was PES when it launched ? £40 ? I seem to remember it been cheaper than other AAA games at launch. Say we take £30 / $50 per game that's $$55m for Konami in physical sales, maybe that again in digital.

Apparently the average cost of developing a game is now around $60m so going by money taken in, they did ok with PES. I've done a big of guesswork there as there nowhere to get proper development costs and how much a game makes but it seems it does ok for them.

But to put it in another light, it didn't do so well compared to PES of previous years.
    In 2007 PES sold 6.5m units. PES 2014 sold 1.1m units on the PS3 alone.
    http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Pro+evolution
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Fifa is the only one left after this year I will boycott it forever.
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PES hardly scrapes the top 20 over here but sells a lot more in Latino regions I think. When I watch La Liga they always have PES advertising boards.

I find it hard to believe PES costs $60 million to make in this day and age they can just copy and paste a lot of stuff from the previous game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PES hardly scrapes the top 20 over here but sells a lot more in Latino regions I think. When I watch La Liga they always have PES advertising boards.

I find it hard to believe PES costs $60 million to make in this day and age they can just copy and paste a lot of stuff from the previous game.

It's very hard to get information on how much any game costs but industry analysts estimate that games cost around that.

Of course that could be the cost of designing a game with a vast open world so a football game may very well cost a lot less, especially as very little changes year to year.

There's so little information out there that it's kinda guesswork.