Who was in Vienna for the ESC 2015?

CAFCAF Posts: 170
Forum Member
I had been in Vienna for the ESC 2015 - who was there also and how did you like it?

It was my fourth ESC, which I attended in person - I had been to Düsseldorf, Malmö, Kobenhavn and Vienna...

And I am planning Sweden 2016 from now on!

Comments

• BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CAF wrote: »
    I had been in Vienna for the ESC 2015 - who was there also and how did you like it?

It was my fourth ESC, which I attended in person - I had been to Düsseldorf, Malmö, Kobenhavn and Vienna...

And I am planning Sweden 2016 from now on!

Hi CAF, hope you are well? Missed you on here... I wasn't there and I don't know about the final but there were a few that went to the semis and rehearsals? Jaccobabe from Norway was with the press I think? Hope you had a good time!
  • CAFCAF Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    It was FAB

I had been to all live shows - I stood right at the stage!!!

I had a lot of fun, but I didn't focus on Eurovision only I did a lot of cultural things also...

Seven days Eurovision is too boring
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CAF wrote: »
    It was FAB

I had been to all live shows - I stood right at the stage!!!

I had a lot of fun, but I didn't focus on Eurovision only I did a lot of cultural things also...

Seven days Eurovision is too boring

I am very jealous! lol :p I have always wanted to go to Vienna! Glad you had a good time
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing a separate thread on this CAF - I wasn't there either, but I did want to know a couple of things :

Was the canned cheering played into the Stadhalle? It was so obvious on the TV show and I wondered how they played it on the night

And moving on from that, was the booing really bad? When the votes were coming in, Polina was seriously distressed when Belarus gave a 12, but later on (I think when Sweden had won) she was ecstatic to get a 12 - maybe the baying hoardes had softened somewhat?

That said, it was three fantastic shows, and after watching them all again over the last couple of days, I have to say that Israel in the second semi was possible my favourite performance of all - just pure joy (if you ignore the lyrics!)
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    I was there this year CAF, I'd always wanted to go to a final and absolutely loved it, the drama of the voting and the way the crowd went absolutely mental for Serbia's performance were two of the biggest highlights, and it helped that my favourite song won. Hoping to go again next year. :)

Anne I never noticed any canned cheering in the arena so either it blended in well or they only used it for the TV, watching it on TV it is more noticeable, particularly at a really random point in the Czech song I thought.

The booing got progressively worse from virtually none at all at the start to outright mutiny when it looked like Russia were going to win halfway through the voting! :p There was a lot of chanting for Sweden, but then I loved Sweden's song and was completely lukewarm to Russia's anyway, even regardless of the politics.

I probably missed a few things while I was away but was Polina definitely upset by the booing, at the time I thought she was just really emotional at the prospect that she might win? She looked like she was having a nervous breakdown at the end of her performance in the final...
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi CAF, hope you are well? Missed you on here... I wasn't there and I don't know about the final but there were a few that went to the semis and rehearsals? Jaccobabe from Norway was with the press I think? Hope you had a good time!

I was there as press yes.

I had seating tickets for all three shows, bought from OGAE Norway. 6 tickets in total, including 3 jury finals that most fans are not really into.

We had good seatsb for first semi. For second semi we were on side of stage so couldnt ex see backdrop at all, and expected better for final but was even worse, since higher and still side of stage.

Not worth 350 EUR.

No booing for Russia during either performance (that I could ehar anyway), and not so much in beginning of voting but got worse and worse.
    And crazy cheers when Latvia got 12p form especially Lithuania and also SMR.

Eurovision fans are extremely lame at times, thought at least they behaved better than in Denmark.