EDL Poll Result: BBC Keeping Quiet ?

NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,600
Forum Member
On yesterday's Sunday Morning Live programme the BBC interviewed Tommy Robinson and asked viewers to vote on the following question:
Does the English Defence League represent a view that needs to be heard?

The results announced rather sheepishly at the end in the dying moments of the programme revealed that a STAGGERING 95% of voters said YES with only 5% saying NO.

There is very little reference to this on their web site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0126f45

However the BBC Sunday Morning Live facebook page can still be accessed where the result is still available for viewing:
https://www.facebook.com/BBCSundayMorningLive?fref=ts

Well, well, BBC. I wonder why you've kept this little one hidden away. Results not quite PC enough for your liking perhaps?

Comments

• bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many people voted?
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty much there for all to see. But I do understand how claiming it's been hushed up suits the agenda of some.

Imagine how many people are watching that show on a Sunday morning? Hardly a representation of the nation eh? I'd say the results show a lot of his supporters (maybe all of the EDL?) tuned in to watch him.
  • Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised, every party should be heard.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    It's pretty much there for all to see. But I do understand how claiming it's been hushed up suits the agenda of some.

Imagine how many people are watching that show on a Sunday morning? Hardly a representation of the nation eh? I'd say the results show a lot of his supporters (maybe all of the EDL?) tuned in to watch him.

Esther Rantzen was on as the supposed voice of reason in the middle. I am sure that boosted ratings. :D

Easy to rubbish polls if you don't like the result. Better to hear and challenge than try to hush views up.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    How many people voted?

One man and his dog probably.

Considering the day, time and who was being interviewed, I find it difficult to take this poll too seriously.
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is announcing the results live on the program and posting them on the official Facebook page hiding them away?
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if they didn't want it to be heard wouldn't an easier thing to have been not to ask the question ? However lets assume your right OP, what would have made you happy ? Nine o'clock news piece ? The BBC has hardly been sitting on its hand over the EDL news of the few weeks - hells they even feature it on the very program you mentioned. Could this not just be one of those 'in program' polls open to viewers of the show to vote as they watch ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Esther Rantzen was on as the supposed voice of reason in the middle. I am sure that boosted ratings. :D

Easy to rubbish polls if you don't like the result. Better to hear and challenge than try to hush views up.

I rubbish polls all the time because I don't believe in 'surveys' like this. It's not 'easy'. It's factual.

I ask questions of posters like Arthur on here and get little back. So what else am I supposed to assume other than they can't debate about their own views?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Well if they didn't want it to be heard wouldn't an easier thing to have been not to ask the question ? However lets assume your right OP, what would have made you happy ? Nine o'clock news piece ? The BBC has hardly been sitting on its hand over the EDL news of the few weeks - hells they even feature it on the very program you mentioned. Could this not just be one of those 'in program' polls open to viewers of the show to vote as they watch ?

I think the OP wants this to be BREAKING NEWS across all media outlets. Especially the Daily Mail...of course.

It's surprising just how much hatred people have of the BBC. Instead of approving of their ex-leader having the opportunity to have their say on tv, they criticise the channel for some various reason or other.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »

I would think not.

Sure all the EDL supporters would still be sleeping
    off a hangover at that time of the morning.;)
  • johnny_boi_UKjohnny_boi_UK Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All political have a right to be heard whether you agree/disagree with their ideology.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    On yesterday's Sunday Morning Live programme the BBC interviewed Tommy Robinson and asked viewers to vote on the following question:

The results announced rather sheepishly at the end in the dying moments of the programme revealed that a STAGGERING 95% of voters said YES with only 5% saying NO.

There is very little reference to this on their web site:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0126f45

However the BBC Sunday Morning Live facebook page can still be accessed where the result is still available for viewing:
    https://www.facebook.com/BBCSundayMorningLive?fref=ts

Well, well, BBC. I wonder why you've kept this little one hidden away. Results not quite PC enough for your liking perhaps?

It's obviously PC gone mad, there can be no other explanation. The bleeding heart, leftie liberal do-gooders that run the entire BBC obviously planned to hide this by tucking it away at the end of the programme. How clever of you to sniff out the conspiracy. Most viewers of the show would naturally have closed their eyes and put their fingers in their ears in its 'dying moments', and only the most inquisitive would even have thought to check their website.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an online poll for crying out loud. It's about as representative as going on the guardians website and clicking on their polls.

If the EDL want to get a proper cross section of society and see their views, then they need to ask a proper pollster.
  • Phaz0rPhaz0r Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The polls on that programme are usually embarrassing for any of the Guardian readers at the BBC. I can still remember Susana Reid's face when the results of "should Britain have the death penalty for certain crimes" were returned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    It's an online poll for crying out loud. It's about as representative as going on the guardians website and clicking on their polls.

No matter what, it can't be ignored.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getzls wrote: »

Oh but it can :)

You see, the power to get the message through or the power to stop it, or the power of the message itself is not the sole right of the angry and sidelined (or those who think they are in order to justify their behaviour). The power is in the people who care. And the people who know the truth. Most people on this forum and the country know the truth. And those who don't or refuse to accept it? Well....life isn't fair.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    getzls wrote: »

What can't, the poll? Of course it can. You have to get a proper poll done to find the real results, not an online one. There about as reliable as a chocolate fireguard.
  • DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC have a very nasty habit of filtering the news so they only report stuff they want you to know about, or over-reporting other topics to try and make them appear more important than they actually are.

Stuff like climate change, gay rights, multiculturalism get massively over-reported. Stuff like the Olympics, the Royals and the EU always have a positive slant on them - for example, the BBC largely ignored the report about the shortcomings in the Olympic ticketing procedures.

Edit: An example from today - 2/3 of people want firm action taken over immigration. All over the various news channels and papers, and just about ignored by the BBC as it is against the happy PC message they want us to believe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    How many people voted?

I think it's more a case of How many people voted how many times. It's easy to flood these lines.
  • andyknandykn Posts: 66,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DMN1968 wrote: »
    The BBC have a very nasty habit of filtering the news so they only report stuff they want you to know about, or over-reporting other topics to try and make them appear more important than they actually are.

Stuff like climate change, gay rights, multiculturalism get massively over-reported. Stuff like the Olympics, the Royals and the EU always have a positive slant on them - for example, the BBC largely ignored the report about the shortcomings in the Olympic ticketing procedures.
    Really?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=BBC+Olympic+tickets&l=1#
    Edit: An example from today - 2/3 of people want firm action taken over immigration. All over the various news channels and papers, and just about ignored by the BBC as it is against the happy PC message they want us to believe.
    More utter rubbish from a Sky shill. It was a Sky news poll so as well as it not being publicised by the BBC it's not on the ITV News or C5 News websites either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    What can't, the poll? Of course it can. You have to get a proper poll done to find the real results, not an online one. There about as reliable as a chocolate fireguard.
    Is any opinion poll totally reliable?
    No of course not but to dis-regard it because you don't like the results, well that seems a wee bit fascist to me.

Maybe the 95% vote was from Muslims?

Well, you never know.:cool:
  • Drunken ScouserDrunken Scouser Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we have a proper poll on the EDL, surveying a representative sample of the public, which gives them an approval rating of, wait for it..........

......3% :cool:

cdn.yougov.com/cumulus.../YG-Archive-221012-EDL-Toplines.pdf
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who watched the programme to know there was even a poll to participate in?

Who would have most interest in what Tommy Whateverhisname is actually had to say?
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC shows bias SHOCK HORROR!!!
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    The BBC shows bias SHOCK HORROR!!!

How did it show bias? Did you read the OP? Despite his bizarre view, the fact is that the results of the poll were shown on the programme AND on the website.

Where is the bias?