Could you prove JJJ are fake in a court of law? (Part 14)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,918
    Forum Member
    ferfer wrote: »
    So you are now criticizing Josie for NOT promoting what she does?

So basically showing she can do no right here.

I rest my case. :D

I was taking the pee :D
    We can make a well informed guess that Josie does in fact promote every charitable deed she does in equal measure :D
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    There's no need, yet you (the thread), do. Astonishing? I'd say she's a young girl making her way in the world. Does she make mistakes? Yes. Is she perfect? No. Have I disagreed with some things she's done and said? Yes.

I just don't find joy in putting others down, mocking them, and generally being negative. I don't find that beautiful at all.

Her world of fantasy or what obsessives create as fantasy?

I don't care about her friend's weight loss, hence why I didn't comment on it.

Just depends on the housemate eh ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mardymoo wrote: »
    Yet you often pop in here :D
    Maybe if you put forward differing evidence we could debate it, instead of just coming into the thread to say we are wrong with nothing to back it up or why we are wrong.
    We can only debate what josie gives us to debate, luckily for this thread Josie is the gift that just keeps on giving :D

Yep, she's still pretty popular after 2+ years being out of Big Brother. ;)

It's always better to be out living life than sat on the sidelines criticizing others for theirs. :D

Peace. :)
    Forum Member
    There's no need, yet you (the thread), do. Astonishing? I'd say she's a young girl making her way in the world. Does she make mistakes? Yes. Is she perfect? No. Have I disagreed with some things she's done and said? Yes.

I just don't find joy in putting others down, mocking them, and generally being negative. I don't find that beautiful at all.

Unless its John James eh ;):D
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im surprised that people who seem so charity minded have ignored my post about the daybreak xmas charity which everybody can donate to simply by going to there local co-op and donateing a tin off beans not so charitable after all
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, that's what I said. Where do I say that helping out at a construction project is more difficult than climbing a mountain. I say that 'you could say' it 'is a greater contribution to good', which I think it is. Nowhere do I indicate a lack of knowledge of mountains or the climbing of them.

My neice has just climbed Kilimanjaro and apparently the huge number of tourists undertaking the ascent is proving an environmental nightmare.

OK. I'm leaving this subject now. You compared climbing Kilimanjaro to what amounts to a holiday. I re-iterate - there is no logical or fair comparison. I guessed by your making the comparison that you hadn't climbed any mountains. I clearly stated it was a guess. Even were it not, it's hardly an insult to say 'you never climbed a mountain'. You appear to be trying to get an argument out of nothing.

Not biting. Sorry.

I've thanked Josie profusely for the material she provides. She puts herself down, mocks those in her life constantly and sells stories about men making her have abortions and not giving her enough sex.

I find it hilarious and I honestly hope she keeps it up. It's a quite startling little diversion from real life.
    willows wrote: »

Quite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's always better to be out living life than sat on the sidelines criticizing others for theirs. :D

Popular in her own little area maybe but you only have to look at the comments in the FB Bristol Hippodrome to see how unpopular she is.
  • circle gamecircle game Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK. I'm leaving this subject now. You compared climbing Kilimanjaro to what amounts to a holiday. I re-iterate - there is no logical or fair comparison. I guessed by your making the comparison that you hadn't climbed any mountains. I clearly stated it was a guess. Even were it not, it's hardly an insult to say 'you never climbed a mountain'. You appear to be trying to get an argument out of nothing.

OK I get that you don't want to debate this any further, but you have completely misunderstood my point about the Kilimanjaro/Josie's project comparison. It was not about the relative difficulty of the two projects, nor the effort involved. It was the philanthropic contribution and the marketing methods involved that interested me. (The comparison is logical and I guess the fairness is open to discussion).

It's a shame you think that these are 'nothing'.
    Forum Member

Does that apply to you and John James ;):D
    How do you come to that conclusion about her being popular ? i have read her twitter on and off and it seems its the same 20 or so people who tweet her.
    Twitter followers do not equate to popularity.,you only have to look at Kennth Tongs twitter to see that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I get that you don't want to debate this any further, but you have completely misunderstood my point about the Kilimanjaro/Josie's project comparison. It was not about the relative difficulty of the two projects, nor the effort involved. It was the philanthropic contribution and the marketing methods involved that interested me.

It's a shame you think that these are 'nothing'.

I clearly addressed both the philanthropic contribution and the 'marketing'.

£9m versus about £850. Again, absolutely incomparable.

Money DIRECTLY to named charities versus a plug for a gap year holiday company. Again, absolutely incomparable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's your opinion based on about 20 pics from 10 days that she did very little? That doesn't seem like valid evidence.

joise stated herself she did very little in hard labour. all she said she did was let the kids play with her phone.and she had fun watching them laugh...
  • PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willows wrote: »

Class.....hung by their own petard maybe;)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mardymoo wrote: »
    But it is more than likely to be. Or are you saying this charity event changed its itinerary just because Josie went ?
    Wow she really does have some clout :D

Are these breaks for the students usually so short? All in all wasn't Josie over there for 10 days, including flights and her holiday afterwards?
    PICKLES60 wrote: »
    Name a celeb who does stuff for charity that we don't know about ?

How would we know if we don't know about it? :D
    Yep, that's what I said. Where do I say that helping out at a construction project is more difficult than climbing a mountain. I say that 'you could say' it 'is a greater contribution to good', which I think it is. Nowhere do I indicate a lack of knowledge of mountains or the climbing of them.

My neice has just climbed Kilimanjaro and apparently the huge number of tourists undertaking the ascent is proving an environmental nightmare.

I can honestly say that I think raising millions of ££ for the charity involved would be a greater contribution to good, especially considering the one mentioned - Chris Moyles et al - for Comic Relief ... don't they deal with attempting to eradicate long-term poverty and provide relief in the long-term, and wasn't this particular climb specifically to buy mosquito nets in an attempt to eradicate malaria... those £millions would have gone a long long way to buy these basically very cheap (in a first world country) items and so would be a fantastic 'contribution to good' in the long-term.

That is not to say that providing plumbing where needed isn't also contribution for good, as it obviously is.

Did you type that with a straight face?:p
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    im surprised that people who seem so charity minded have ignored my post about the daybreak xmas charity which everybody can donate to simply by going to there local co-op and donateing a tin off beans not so charitable after all

Some of us may not watch Daybreak, I know I don't, nor do I shop at the co-op. If I were donating tins though I wouldn't necessarily be telling everybody about it. Like most of us, money is tight these days and so most people have a charity or two of choice - in my case I donate what I can to disabled childrens' charities, epilepsy and carers charities - seeing as I am a carer with a disabled child suffering with epilepsy, these are close to my heart. I'm sure others donate to charities close to their hearts too, if not money perhaps time. Wherever there is a charity where they ask for a food donation at the supermarket I always put something in if I can.
    Frillynix wrote: »
    Muggs I dont disagree, not any one of us is "all" good or "all" bad............

My critcism of Josie relates to my personal feelings about her lifestyle and her absolute cringemaking faux pas like reading diet books in the back of a landrover in a poor county. Like commending someone on losing 1.4 stone in a week:eek:

But MOST OF all for selling a cheap and tawdry mag a story of being forced to have an abortion, complete with photo staring wistfully into the mid distance ..........that offends my sensibilities.

and that absolutely crass and horrid clip of her on Celebrity Juice that was posted the other day just sums up what my perspective is of her and her persona.................and I dont like that persona..................ergo my posting on here.

Hey - yes she has done a good thing, and no one can take that away - but that does not change the fact that she displays a lot of bloody stupid, crass and sometimes downright horrid behaviour............

Im sure the worst of folk have done a good deed in their lives also.

By the way,I keep repeating, Madventure is a very questionable charity..

YOu know I agree with all of your points :)
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I don't know what your point is she said she would donate a part of her winnings and she did lots of children with cancer benefitted as a result, it is churlish to say otherwise, that makes your previous statement incorrect she is not devoid of any moral fibre. She messes up and makes uninformed decisions like lots of these z listers . It is easy to only see the bad in people and never recognise any good or similarly try to forget or dismiss any good deeds;).

this is a brillliant point......yes Josie was generous with the money she gave away after BB.

i think one of the saddest things at times, though is how easy it is to get diverted by how something is being said.

I don't think that's possible, as if they don't mention it, you can't know about it.

No-one knows what anyone else does if they don't mention it, whoever they are and whatever else they do in their lives.

When celebrities or z listers publicise their charity work, it is in the hope of raising the profile of the cause they are working for. It doesn't matter if you're Madonna building an orphanage or Josie Gibson doing a bit of decorating, it's the same principle. Of course they get publicity for themselves. Look at the fierce competition to get on a 'Band Aid' record. Look at Chris Moyles and his gang climbing Kilimanjaro. Look at all the small companies hoping to get their name on the TV screen during 'Children in Need'. I'm not making any judgment here but pointing out that Josie is just doing exactly what everyone else is doing. You might not like her style but the content is the same.

Actually not everyone is doing exactly the same as this.

All of the examples you have mentioned, where a celebrity profiles a particular cause have grated considerable on me....

Chris Moyles for instance....its all very well to raise a load of money for charitable causes.....that doesnt really involve him doing that much........but makes him look good. Yet he allegedly cant actually be bothered to pay tax on his earnings.

What does he think taxes are used for? Cos i was always taught they were needed to pay for the NHS, Education departments and to provide for children who needed it.

So Moyes and other celebs are totally hypocritical, they cant be actually bothered to pay taxes to support those less needy than themselves, prefering to find some kind of tax avoidance scheme....

and then spend the money that should have gone in taxes....on charity. :eek:
  • HappyTreeHappyTree Posts: 4,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the good, old court thread. Never fails to amuse :DTo a Flame
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so who is doing the work in the mad adventure trips? all the pics I saw was joise playing with kids and holding a paint brush. where are the pics of all the hard work? building a school or schools. show the finish job. lets see what this charities are doing with their donation money. is there a pic of them finishing painting that wall.?or is it that they got donations to travell there to promote themselvs as something they are not...read luke did a lot of plumbing where is the videos or pics of that.?
  • circle gamecircle game Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, so you are debating further....so is a philanthropic contribution only measured in terms of the money raised? What about the principle of the talents? (a return is valued in relation to the talents invested) Chris Moyles and crew had a lot more to work with than Josie and Luke, who raised £850 with hardly a brain cell between them, which I find highly commendable.

What you describe as absolutely incomparable turns out to be relative, after all.

What about the activity involved and the awareness of issues raised? I can't claim to know much about this Madventure scheme but it does seem to raise awareness of the a need for public services in this part of Africa, so that is worthwhile isn't it? Yes it does offer gap year travel but so do the companies attracting charity projects to Kilimanjaro, of which Chris Moyles' crew is but one of many.

The Comic Relief expedition has attracted many further treks by gap year students and others, some of whom have raised even less than Luke and Josie. And there has been a negative environmental impact.

So, a big glitzy roadshow which raised money and the profiles of the already rich and famous. And a fleeting visit by a couple of nobodies to a small-scale project, which gave a boost to morale and raised a few hundred quid. Both have postives and negatives, on a different scale. You see, I am comparing them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmmmmm pretty sweeping comments there Jackyo, I donate quite a decent chunk of my monthly hard earned to various charities....straight from source actually.....I just don't like to talk about it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, so you are debating further....so is a philanthropic contribution only measured in terms of the money raised? What about the principle of the talents? (a return is valued in relation to the talents invested) Chris Moyles and crew had a lot more to work with than Josie and Luke, who raised £850 with hardly a brain cell between them, which I find highly commendable.

What you describe as absolutely incomparable turns out to be relative, after all.

What about the activity involved and the awareness of issues raised? I can't claim to know much about this Madventure scheme but it does seem to raise awareness of the a need for public services in this part of Africa, so that is worthwhile isn't it? Yes it does offer gap year travel but so do the companies attracting charity projects to Kilimanjaro, of which Chris Moyles' crew is but one of many.

The Comic Relief expedition has attracted many further treks by gap year students and others, some of whom have raised even less than Luke and Josie. And there has been a negative environmental impact.

So, a big glitzy roadshow which raised money and the profiles of the already rich and famous. And a fleeting visit by a couple of nobodies to a small-scale project, which gave a boost to morale and raised a few hundred quid. Both have postives and negatives, on a different scale. You see, I am comparing them.

bit in bold - Correcting your incorrect point that I hadn't addressed the philanthropic aspect or the marketing aspect.

Yes HT - never fails. What can we do? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm understanding this thread a bit more now and why every detail is dragged through the ringer. The company is some formation of Mad adventures. No I didn't look it up or write it exactly as it was. I'm sure now I'm as big of a liar as you call Josie because I didn't know the name exactly and was too lazy to look it up. :rolleyes:

Maybe Josie's the same, I don't know. But details like that when you know what I'm talking about aren't important. Though they seem to be the be all, end all with you. ;)

Enjoy. :D

Hi ferfer, old friend.
    I thought you liked going over every little detail and pulling people's posts to pieces. It was one of your favourite occupations with my posts in JJJAT. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bit in bold - Correcting your incorrect point that I hadn't addressed the philanthropic aspect or the marketing aspect.

Yes HT - never fails. What can we do? :D

Well I might have a case or two to hand ;) Let's pour a large one sit back and chill out......it's Josie Gibson after all....who gives a shite.....really ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I might have a case or two to hand ;) Let's pour a large one sit back and chill out......it's Josie Gibson after all....who gives a shite.....really ;)

Ah POTS! :D Been a while since we had a drink together :p It's a bit cold here tonight; hot whiskey sounds good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,768
    Forum Member
    She was asked. Every time she went on a show they ask what she did with the winnings. People want to know. And she told them.

The charity is also the ones who get the publicity. I saw many people say they had never heard of CLIC before. After Josie donated her money there many more people became aware, donated, and helped them. She did it because it meant something to her previous boss. Now she promotes Menangitis because it is something that has affected her family.

It is not a fact that it's soley for self promotion. It's your opinion. Josie didn't have to donate 20,000 pounds to CLIC, she doesn't have to do walks, abseils, donate dresses, etc etc for charities. I'm sure she could do with some of that money herself now, but she's given it. Freely. And she's not sucking her fans dry. If her fans or anyone who follows her, as we know people who aren't fans follow her every move more than most fans, want to donate to the causes she's helping, good for them.

If the tactics of this thread ran true, then every single person who associates themselves with any charity is looking for self-promotion. Should we start a thread for each and every person to criticize the good they are doing?

Brilliant Post.. Wonderfully written and I couldn't agree more !
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have to say, although I was biting my cyber-tongue, that I really resent the implication in this post.:mad:
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Name a celeb who does stuff for charity that we don't know about ?

There are loads - we often only find out by accident or after their death.

I have raised over £20000 for Age UK and this is the first time I have EVER told anyone.
This discussion has been closed.