Forum Member
    Extreme OCD Camp: 450k (1.9%)
    Badults: 361k (1.9%)
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    jackc1806 wrote: »
    1.7 for BB is great!
    It was one of the most unusual highlights shows ever. The producers took an executive decision to skip forward most of the day to the main action period which took place late at night. I think the first part was ridiculously short as a result, maybe only about 5 minutes long, with the remainder taken up by nominations and the fallout.

Great rating so it appears to have worked.
  • Options
    jackc1806jackc1806 Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    It was one of the most unusual highlights shows ever. The producers took an executive decision to skip forward most of the day to the main action period which took place late at night. I think the first part was ridiculously short as a result, maybe only about 5 minutes long, with the remainder taken up by nominations and the fallout.

I would say it was the correct decision
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,014
    Forum Member
    dave01 wrote: »
    Wonder what happened to make new tricks lose a million. Will need to have a look at the shares as 6.5m is quite low by new tricks standards.

Spanish viewers boycotting anything to do with Gibraltar?
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    28.2% if that helps

Thanks, share down quite a bit too then. New tricks could try and target a different record this year though, beating eastenders every episode this series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Film4's strong run of form continued.

Red (9pm): 875k inc. +1

All Day Share: 2.1% (not far behind ITV2 on 2.4%)
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So

Love Your Garden - 3.33million
    Stephen Fry KTHC - 2.80million

Not too bad for ITV on a Tuesday.

New Tricks seems to have dropped about a million from last week, i wonder why?

It wasn't the season premiere?

Maybe some of last week's viewers didn't like the first part or tuned out so didn't bother with part 2. It's not unusual for a two-parter, rather than a standalone second episode, to rate lower. It's a pretty good rating for an August Tuesday, for a show which doesn't normally air on Tuesdays.

I doubt Stephen Fry had much impact with a pretty disappointing rating for something quite heavily trailed, on a potentially interesting topic and starring a popular figure like Fry. Didn't his America series on BBC1 get 5-6m a week a year or two ago?
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Crisis time for New Tricks as it drops a million. Garden & Fry holding up well and starting to build something for itv on Tuesdays

A shed? :D

Stephen Fry Builds A Shed - put that one in the suggestion box too, George.... :)

Good to see George waxing lyrical about ITV's "Daily Mail reader/Sun Life Over 50s Plan with free pen" line-up anyway!
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen Fry Builds A Shed - put that one in the suggestion box too, George.... :)

Stephen Fry Loves His Garden - a much better idea! ;)
    Good to see George waxing lyrical about ITV's "Daily Mail reader/Sun Life Over 50s Plan with free pen" line-up anyway

Yup those are the folks that are usually holed up in Holby's Casualty department.
    I unfairly maligned Sun Life there.

George - get your name down, you could get a Freeview telly from Argos for gratis! :)
    Nice - I wonder if you can get the 1 button removed from mine. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I unfairly maligned Sun Life there.

You can do rather better than a parker pen these days it seems....

http://www.sunlifedirect.co.uk/Life-Cover/Over-50s-Life-Insurance/Guaranteed-Over-50-Plan/Welcome-Gifts/

George - get your name down, you could get a Freeview telly from Argos for gratis! :)
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member

It has been done a handful of times in Big Brother history. You know when they skip from day to night so quick that you're in for a good highlights :p

I am really pleased BB has done well this series. There was some on here and online who thought this series would be going under 1 million regularly.
  • Options
    Ben_PainterBen_Painter Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    The low rating for NT could be something to do with the fact that it's now broadcasting on Tuesdays. I'm sure I've read somewhere that Tuesday nights generally rate lower than Mondays, and there was a comment earlier on this thread that it was uncommon for a drama to be shown on Tues at 9pm to get above 7 million. I personally don't think it reflects on the show itself.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV inc+1

Emmerdale 6.27 (36%)
    Nature's Newborns 2.48million (13.3%)
    Love Your Garden 3.45million (17.3%)
    Stephen Fry 3.2million (14.5%)

Fairly good night for ITV last night, LYG doing quite well in that slot matching BBC's The White Queen
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV inc+1

Emmerdale 6.27 (36%)
    Nature's Newborns 2.48million (13.3%)
    Love Your Garden 3.45million (17.3%)
    Stephen Fry 3.2million (14.5%)

Fairly good night for ITV last night, LYG doing quite well in that slot matching BBC's The White Queen

Not a bad night for ITV all things considered

Nature's Newborns needs to be culled. Its given Eastenders too easy a ride. Cant they insert Paul OGrady in there or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not a bad night for ITV all things considered
    Although not a single ITV programme made the multichannel top 10, which they might be upset about as it's highly unusual and Tuesday is not a strong day for the main channel. The shows on ITV(1) did better than usual but if the digital channels did worse it sort of cancels out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although not a single ITV programme made the multichannel top 10, which they might be upset about as it's highly unusual and Tuesday is not a strong day for the main channel. The shows on ITV(1) did better than usual but if the digital channels did worse it sort of cancels out.

I'm sure they're not going to be that upset that some rpt programmes on ITV2 and ITV3 didn't rate that well, but their new programming did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they're not going to be that upset that some rpt programmes on ITV2 and ITV3 didn't rate that well, but their new programming did.
    Hell's Kitchen was new, and normally rates well. Lewis might be repeats but that's also a very strong performer usually. And multichannel generally had a good night, it's just that the standout performers were on the C4 digital family and not ITV.

Maybe viewers are getting bored of YBF. 15 hours a week (scheduled across both ITV1 and ITV2) seems very excessive for a tired clip show. Has the ITV2 budget been cut? I can't think why else they would be scheduling so many hours of this cheap filler. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hell's Kitchen was new, and normally rates well. Lewis might be repeats but that's also a very strong performer usually. And multichannel generally had a good night, it's just that the standout performers were on the C4 digital family and not ITV.

Maybe viewers are getting bored of YBF. 15 hours a week (scheduled across both ITV1 and ITV2) seems very excessive for a tired clip show. Has the ITV2 budget been cut? I can't think why else they would be scheduling so many hours of this cheap filler. :confused:

I agree that YBF is used way too much, however it rates well for a cheap as chips clip show and probably delivers a profit for them. It also fills in the gaps between shows. However ITV2 does broadcast for a whole day so it can't have new programming on most of the time, they don't have the budget.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    All good things must come to an end.... ;)

EastEnders: 6.36m (34.3%)
    Emmerdale: 6.08m (34.8%)

Gald EE is above ED again it has started to pick up quality wise. Still fair play to ED it did well being out in front if EE for so long.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Strange to see New Tricks dropped that much, everything I have read about this series has been positive, saying it's back to its best. Also I thought the cast changes weren't until midway through the series.

Good to see Eastenders recover slightly, although I don't think anything significant will happen to the ratings or quality for a good few months yet, I think ED will still beat it over a third of the time, depending on the day and episode, until any real changes are seen onscreen so there's still a lot more faux-surprise to come on here. Also I think it's interesting that certain people only take notice of the BBC Three rating when it can be used for negative spin, completely ignored otherwise with those who do mention it shot down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    New Tricks drop was a bit sudden, I wonder what caused it.

Stephen Fry programme a disaster though it seems, especially when the America one did so well a few years ago.

Anyone have the New Girl rating?
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a new top rated programme of the year folks. BARB have removed the build-up to the Wimbledon final, so ratings are now as follows:

1. Wimbledon 2013: Men's Final 12.28m
    2. Britain's Got Talent 12.23m
    3. Coronation Street 11.03m
    4. Call the Midwife 10.85m
    5. Miranda 10.47m.

Excluding +1 to make it fair you understand.
  • Options
    Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Audience Tickets for recordings at Elstree Film Studios, Hertfordshire

SCD - Premiere Red Carpet Event
    An opportunity to see the stars as they're introduced to the international press on Tuesday 3rd September, doors open 6.15pm. Please note that this is a standing event, filmed outside. This is not a live show.

SCD - Premiere Show
    The legendary Sir Bruce Forsyth and glamorous Tess Daly will once again host this BBC One Saturday night extravaganza.
    The premiere show launches the 2013 series in style and is recorded on Wednesday 4th September. It is not a live show.
    Doors open 4.45pm.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    That means the Strictly launch show will be on the 7th, with the series starting on the 27th and 28th if following previous series' format. Atlantis will probably start on the 28th as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Nice - I wonder if you can get the 1 button removed from mine. :)

How would you watch ITV3 if you do that?

Or QVC?

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, Sir Brucie carries on for another year then.

Surely this will be his swansong though?
    ronant wrote: »
    We have a new top rated programme of the year folks. BARB have removed the build-up to the Wimbledon final, so ratings are now as follows:

1. Wimbledon 2013: Men's Final 12.28m
    2. Britain's Got Talent 12.23m
    3. Coronation Street 11.03m
    4. Call the Midwife 10.85m
    5. Miranda 10.47m.

Quite right that the TV event of the year so far is number 1.
This discussion has been closed.