Any VCR repair people on board?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telly_Man wrote:
    No, the remote locks up randomly and the LCD (on the remote) doesn't work, changing batteries doesn't cure it. Eventually it does come back to life, but it can take days.

Try this :

Remove the batteries and short out the battery connections in the remote unit.
    I mean the true battery connections ... not the cross linking connection that joins the batteries together.

This will force a reset when re-powered and might just clear any bugs that may be in the system.

There's just a small chance that might work... and has been known to work on some awkward remotes in the past.

However , my gut instinct tells me that it may be worthwhile taking the remote apart carefully and looking for stess induced dry joints.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavtech wrote:
    Try this :

Remove the batteries and short out the battery connections in the remote unit.
    I mean the true battery connections ... not the cross linking connection that joins the batteries together.

This will force a reset when re-powered and might just clear any bugs that may be in the system.

There's just a small chance that might work... and has been known to work on some awkward remotes in the past.

However , my gut instinct tells me that it may be worthwhile taking the remote apart carefully and looking for stess induced dry joints.

Already checked for dry joints, but will try the battery solution next time!

Thanks!