Options

trying to buy an Arcam avr 350

now this is no cheapy - rrp£1500

so i thought i'd ring about for prices - now i know Arcam is not available Mail Order so i was talking collect for CASH

Jesus -some dealers are anal!!

said in very stuck up voice ...we don't do deals... that was said by 3 dealers!!!

..thats the price £1500....

...no discount....

..we are not allowed to discount....

bloody hell you'd think i was asking for a kidney or sex with their wife :eek:

anyway deal sorted £200 less than the above - collected

i'll not name the dealer in case they get in trouble but i will answer pm's :D

tbh i'm getting increasingly fed up with SNOTTY staff in av shops - they sell the gear but what do they own paid for in cash?? - probably Amstrad!!

or they don't sell what you want so rubbish it!!

Comments

• Options
    johnrtaylorjohnrtaylor Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I purchased this on Saturday along with an Arcam DV 137, Spendor S5E, SR5, C5E and a Rel sub. Everything was list price they refused to give a discount on the Arcam and Spendor kit, but did give me two HDMI leads worth £100.00.
    I tried everywhere near where I live but everywhere was list price only.

When you spend £5.7k in one go you would think there was some leeway but no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I purchased this on Saturday along with an Arcam DV 137, Spendor S5E, SR5, C5E and a Rel sub. Everything was list price they refused to give a discount on the Arcam and Spendor kit, but did give me two HDMI leads worth £100.00.
    I tried everywhere near where I live but everywhere was list price only.

When you spend £5.7k in one go you would think there was some leeway but no.

yes john - its a bloody disgrace

as i said i got £200 off in the end and the shop was happy to do this - so there are some good traders out their

one pretentious pr!Ck asked if i was an existing customer - i said no but could bring my passport!! - needless to say i will never be a customer of theirs :mad:

i know some knock Sevenoak SAV but they will usually do their best especially if you ask for 'display' goods :rolleyes:

some shops actually make it seem like their doing you a favour to relieve you of your money - Castle Sound and Vision in Nottingham being a prime example
  • Options
    johnrtaylorjohnrtaylor Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I bought mine from Sevenoaks and as hard as I tried I could only get the two HDMI leads. I suppose it could have been different if the items had been in stock, but all kit had to be ordered.

To me it's wrong that manufacturers are forcing the shops to sell at RRP, I thought this practice went out some years ago.

There was some very cheap and good ex-demo kit in SAV but none that I wanted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I bought mine from Sevenoaks and as hard as I tried I could only get the two HDMI leads. I suppose it could have been different if the items had been in stock, but all kit had to be ordered.

To me it's wrong that manufacturers are forcing the shops to sell at RRP, I thought this practice went out some years ago.

There was some very cheap and good ex-demo kit in SAV but none that I wanted.

i think the problem with Sevenoaks is that some are part of the 'chain' yet others are privately owned and only fall under the Sevenoaks banner for advertising etc!