Humax 9200 vs Sagem PVR7280T?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
I'm looking at buying either the Sagem PVR7280T or Humax 9200 has anyone got any comparisons etc.. from daily use? I know the Humax has bigger HDD so its in the lead already but also I hear some bad things about the Sagem.

Also I read in another thread that some people are having trouble recording TUTV with the toppy (too expencive for me) and said that any PVR that required a CAM wont record TUTV - which I want to be able to do - can any one confirm the 9200 can record TUTV as the Sagem seems to have no issues.

Thanks
rich

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    rich,

You do realise that the Sagem may say "twin tuner" on the box but it can't actually do the dual record thing that is fairly fundamental to dual tuner PVR use?

For that alone the 9200 has to be the better choice and as far as I know no one's had any problems recording TUTV with it

It's interesting to note that emsee has now split his data into two separate tables. With the 7280 out in the boonies.

Cliff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    rich1ell wrote:
    I'm looking at buying either the Sagem PVR7280T or Humax 9200 has anyone got any comparisons etc.. from daily use? I know the Humax has bigger HDD so its in the lead already but also I hear some bad things about the Sagem.

Also I read in another thread that some people are having trouble recording TUTV with the toppy (too expencive for me) and said that any PVR that required a CAM wont record TUTV - which I want to be able to do - can any one confirm the 9200 can record TUTV as the Sagem seems to have no issues.

Thanks
    rich

I can't say specifically about the 7280 but before buying the Humax I had a Sagem 6240 - well 3 in fact, which were all returned for regular failed recordings and various other faults. Reading other forums this unreliability seems pretty common with all Sagems. Leaving aside the features which are missing (like the inability to record two programmes simultaneously, to name just one) the Humax has been exceptionally reliable.

The Sagem support line is next to useless (no response) whereas Humax have responded very quickly to everybody whose had a problem and are already preparing a software update.

The Humax is in a different class. Without doubt I'd say buy it :p
  • nwhitfieldnwhitfield Posts: 4,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rich1ell wrote:
    Also I read in another thread that some people are having trouble recording TUTV with the toppy (too expencive for me) and said that any PVR that required a CAM wont record TUTV

There was an issue last month, where TUTV made some changes that caused problems with CAMs and with the Toppy for recording. That was resolved before the 9200 shipped, so we'll never know if it would have caused problems for that.

Nigel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    CJL wrote:
    It's interesting to note that emsee has now split his data into two separate tables. With the 7280 out in the boonies.

Cliff
    Nice that he has put it up in down-loadable Excel format now as well...
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Munchkinn wrote:
    Nice that he has put it up in down-loadable Excel format now as well...

He needs to put that the 9200T has a 2hour Time shift record or rewind (At the moment its : ???)
    And that the timer padding can be manually put onto the scheduled recording (At the moment its ???).
    + i think it records the program information and subtitles too.