The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 21)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,784
Administrator
Eurostar wrote: »
Waterline has appeared on a lot of iTunes charts : top 100 in places like Sweden, Finland and Austria.....just outside the 100 in Cyprus and Denmark, spotted them on the Belgian chart too :)

Don't forget Derek Mooney will be broadcasting live from the arena at 3pm (and will probably have the boys live in studio this time) : www.rte.ie/radio1
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1643301

Comments

• SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Oh hey! A new thread. I reckon we got through the last one in record time. It's all the Eurovision excitement. Now, where were we? Oh, that's right - still squeeing with excitement over the semi-final!
    • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Originally Posted by Ertana
      Hi SecretPassage, I see you are in NZ. I'm in Australia. I think I'm dfinitely going to pull an all nighter on Saturday so I can watch in real time Although I'm glad I didn't watch last night in real time...far too stressful. It was much better for my health to wake up to good news
      Does anyone know, when do we get to find out what the running order was last night? I mean where did the twins place in terms of points?

Hey, yes, I'm in NZ. :) The broadcasts start for me at 7am, but I guess it'll be 5am for you - staying up that late requires Jedication! There are quite a few Australian Jedfans. The SBS coverage of Eurovision has worked well!

The Wikipedia entry is a good place for the latest in Eurovision stats. The points breakdown for the heats won't be revealed until after the grand final, as it could sway people's voting choices, but it will be very interesting once that's out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_2012
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4OEj_kyjXQ

Loving J&E dancing at 6:00
    • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Aw these are amazing!!!!

ESCKAZ live in Baku: Engelbert Humperdinck meets Jedward 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzTrH9wtlpY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ESCKAZ live in Baku: Engelbert Humperdinck meets Jedward 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBWu31x7VOI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ESCKAZ live in Baku: Engelbert Humperdinck meets Jedward 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYRSIqjXcDE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Love the Jedward-Engelbert meet-up!

Interesting comments from Engelbert about seeing them on X Factor and knowing they'd be successful!
    • ErtanaErtana Posts: 295
      Forum Member
      Hey, yes, I'm in NZ. :) The broadcasts start for me at 7am, but I guess it'll be 5am for you - staying up that late requires Jedication! There are quite a few Australian Jedfans. The SBS coverage of Eurovision has worked well!

The Wikipedia entry is a good place for the latest in Eurovision stats. The points breakdown for the heats won't be revealed until after the grand final, as it could sway people's voting choices, but it will be very interesting once that's out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_2012

Thanks for the info. I'm in Perth so it will start at 3am for me :) SBS is good but they will only show the 1st semi on Friday, 2nd semi on Saturday and Final on Sunday. I can't wait that long :) However, I will join in their unofficial vote on Sunday and vote for the twins :) Last year they voted Jedward in 1st place :)
    • ErtanaErtana Posts: 295
      Forum Member
      Today has been great reading so many positive articles about the twins. It's also been so lovely seeing so many different people wishing them well on twitter. I couldn't be happier for them. I've had a grin on my face all day. The organisers knew exactly what they were doing last night leaving the Russian Grannies and Jedward, the two biggest contenders imo, til last. Then to have the boys cartwheel all the way to the stage.....just brilliant! The boys add so much value to anything that they appear in or on.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Love those clips of the press conference with Engelbert. They're so sweet.

I just watched the BBC3 vid of the announcement of the 10 qualifiers for the final. OMG Sarah Cox was even happier than the Irish commentator. Loved her.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      She actually was, it was quite cute how worried she was getting ( I watched RTÉ live.)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I am still astonished that there was no overhead camera for J&E's 'big shot'... what happened?
    • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Aww love it! And such a great meeting between them too :)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      pithywitch wrote: »
      I am still astonished that there was no overhead camera for J&E's 'big shot'... what happened?

Yes I was disappointed, but my daughter who was watching with me and hadn't seen them perform it before said "Aww that's really cute" when it came to that bit. So even without the proper overhead shot it must have looked good.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

it needs to be found again,because no cute granny could trump Edward's puppy dog eyes! ok maybe I am a bit biased there, but I think it's true!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      River_Tam wrote: »
      She actually was, it was quite cute how worried she was getting ( I watched RTÉ live.)
      The Spanish commentator was also getting worried with the whole golden ticket thing. He wanted the twins in the final, and he was so happy when they did it. He also mentioned their boundless energy cartwheeling in their way to the stage.
      Who else would have been that entertaining in their way to the stage? Just the twins, of course :D

This morning I got to watch the performance in my big TV screen, and I have to agree with those who said the backing singers were too loud. They weren't out of tune, but the mix wasn't as good as in the jury final. Hope they fix this for the final.
      And the camera work wasn't great, but I think it was the same for almost all the other acts.

A funny thing I noticed this morning rewatching it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_9QaVC-NKw
      1:02 Edward places the microphone stand carefully while John throws it randomly somewhere between the dry ice clouds.
      1:58 Leanne and Claire have to leave the microphone stands on the floor while they kneel, Claire has it easy, but Leanne has to go almost mid-stage to "rescue" John's stand. Claire waits for her to kneel at the same time.

Go Team Jedward :D
    • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

:D:D It looked like John instincively covered his bits with the no.23 card a la Jexy and I know it....:o:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      well having been nearly decapitated by John's random microphone stand throwing I understand this.

The sound balance is off on the TV performance, the backing singers aren't out of tune they are singing a harmony part the lead vocals are too quiet, yet they clearly aren't too quiet in the arena.

also that over head camera shot is missing and it does ruin the dramatics of "feel the rush" with no over head shot the symmetry of everyone is pointless with a front shot.

this could mean better Jury result for the twins because they'll sound fine on anything filmed inside the arena. or do the jury watch the "tv" version?
    • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Spanish commentator was also getting worried with the whole golden ticket thing. He wanted the twins in the final, and he was so happy when they did it. He also mentioned their boundless energy cartwheeling in their way to the stage.
      Who else would have been that entertaining in their way to the stage? Just the twins, of course :D

This morning I got to watch the performance in my big TV screen, and I have to agree with those who said the backing singers were too loud. They weren't out of tune, but the mix wasn't as good as in the jury final. Hope they fix this for the final.
      And the camera work wasn't great, but I think it was the same for almost all the other acts.

A funny thing I noticed this morning rewatching it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_9QaVC-NKw
      1:02 Edward places the microphone stand carefully while John throws it randomly somewhere between the dry ice clouds.
      1:58 Leanne and Claire have to leave the microphone stands on the floor while they kneel, Claire has it easy, but Leanne has to go almost mid-stage to "rescue" John's stand. Claire waits for her to kneel at the same time.

Go Team Jedward :D

The soundmix was 'slightly' off flyingcamel but not dramatically so : the backing singers were at the correct level but the twins were a tad too low in the mix.....whether this was quite deliberate or a mistake by the sound engineers, I'm not really sure.

I've a really good feeling about the final. I've fancied the boys for a great result all year and the #23 draw has done nothing to dissuade me :)
    • InVyInVy Posts: 559
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

it was the best part of their performance and now they don't have it, and I'm not even speaking about camera that was going for a walk in some of the shots.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Jedward were mentioned today in the Irish Parliament! :eek:

Gerry Adams (Sinn Féin leader) suggested that the Taoiseach (Prime Minister) should stand aside and allow Jedward to represent us in EU negotiations, since they would do a better job of representing Ireland's interests. :p

In response, the Taoiseach wished Jedward good luck in Eurovision. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdvNJYZ3-W0

So, their name is now enshrined in the Parliamentary Record for all eternity! :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      And here is Liam's latest Eurovision Diary:

http://www.starplus.ie/gossip/liam-mckennas-exclusive-eurovision-diary--3-days-to-go/10045/

Can't believe Linda Martin is the person who has to deal with the boy's wet costumes :eek:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      In the Spanish broadcaster website a fashion blogger has talked a bit about last night's outfits: http://blog.rtve.es/moda/2012/05/de-la-novia-de-frankenstein-a-los-caballeros-del-zodiaco.html

Of course the twins are once again the main picture in the article :D And this is what the blogger says about them:
      I'm saving Ireland's entrants, Jedward, for last. Mainly because they're really funny and the most interesting ones (even more than Albania and Moldova). John and Edward repeat in the contest. Their clothes were already really discussed last year but in this semifinal they've outdone themselves. Their look, a mix between Knights of the Zodiac and the Power Rangers, would be loved by Michael Jackson, they had everything on their costumes. Their outfits are silvered with golden details, huge shoulder pads with a pattern that's turtle-like, sequins, coloured crystals and, they're waterproof as they proved at the end of their performance.

Hope it makes sense because the guy used a language hard to translate.
      I wasn't expecting that a fashion blogger would like them that much! :cool:
    This discussion has been closed.