Colin Baker in I'm A Celebrity

Comments

• chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No talk of anniversary plans yet (other than a film about the creation of DW, written by Mark Gatiss).
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Colin is hoping to lose 1 1/2 stone in the jungle, The Sun said yesterday. Depending on how long he is in there, he could lose a bit more than that...
    The 50th Anniversary Special sees the return of the 6th Doctor, whose coat has been stolen by the Daleks, who want to incinerate it on the planet Flarous. After a daring quest to rescue it, he must then attempt to squeeze into it, whilst the other 10 Doctors cheer him on :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Years of watching pro wrestling have left me predisposed into thinking everything on television is set up, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did that on purpose. Probably make good tv. ;)
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    *Harry Hill fanfare music*....

TV Highlight of the week.......

Dejected Posh Boy Celebrity: "Somebody please say something positive."

The Sixth Doctor: "I'm Positively knackered!"

* Harry Hill music*

TV Highlight of the week...
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    *Harry Hill fanfare music*....

TV Highlight of the week.......

Dejected Posh Boy Celebrity: "Somebody please say something positive."

The Sixth Doctor: "I'm Positively knackered!"

* Harry Hill music*

TV Highlight of the week...

I agree, Nebo, it was a very witty reply worthy of the Sixth Doctor himself! :D

I thought he gave a very good account of himself and he's acting the way I expected him to. I don't think he'll end up doing too many bushtucker trials while Nadine and Helen are in there but if he keeps coming out with one liners like those above, viewers could possibly warm to him. Plus I love his entrance from the Letter on the beach where he sang a jolly little song as he went to join his team.

The other thing he said when asked what sort of actor he was, .'A good one, hopefully' (Or something similar!)

:D
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Early days, I know, but our Colin (as I think we should refer to him within this thread) is already the second favourite celebrity, after Janine from Eastenders.

I must admit, he is coming across very well. I spent a very pleasant day in a marquee with Colin at a summer festival where he happily signed autographs all day long.

He was a very friendly, polite, good humoured and funny man and I'm pleased all of that is coming across on IACGMOOH.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Best moments of last nights show were from Colin. He had me laughing with "19 foot tarantulas", "someone be positive please -- I'm positively knackered" and of course "The public have decided it's not you -- I like the public :D"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great opener last night. Is Ashley Roberts going to become the new companion ? She took to the role so well. How will things develop with Nadine Dorries future Prime Minister ?

The ratings are in, an impressive 10.6 m in combined ratings and Colin is doing very well in the popularity polls, at present the leading male on the DS forum.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1757798

We have nightly, prime-time DW on our screens for at least the next two weeks, filmed in a scenic, overseas land and sometimes LIVE !!! Happy 49th Anniversary.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Hope the 6th Doctor can handle his latest adventure - The Jungle of Fear.
    He's doing well so far, though the biggest concern is if he can handle the physical aspect.
    I've seen quite a few funny/mean comments such as 'Doctor Who ate all the pies' :o

Also, there appears to be a strange phone box in their camp, some are thinking it's a Tardis incase he has to make a quick get-a-way, or after a particularly arduous Jungle Trial that he may turn into Sylvester McCoy. :D

Hopefully he won't find it too difficult, he's dealt with much worse things, just as long as this doesn't happen.....
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HRWcjVO3o2w/Tp3Alg8n9DI/AAAAAAAAE8g/T1b7hhteg_c/s1600/vlcsnap-2011-10-17-23h27m10s112.jpg :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully he won't find it too difficult, he's dealt with much worse things, just as long as this doesn't happen.....
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HRWcjVO3o2w/Tp3Alg8n9DI/AAAAAAAAE8g/T1b7hhteg_c/s1600/vlcsnap-2011-10-17-23h27m10s112.jpg :eek:

Brilliant :D Caption competition please.

"Nadine, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry....You may think you're a future Prime Minister or even a Junior Entertainments Officer but have I got news for you !"
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    Early days, I know, but our Colin (as I think we should refer to him within this thread) is already the second favourite celebrity, after Janine from Eastenders.

I must admit, he is coming across very well. I spent a very pleasant day in a marquee with Colin at a summer festival where he happily signed autographs all day long.

He was a very friendly, polite, good humoured and funny man and I'm pleased all of that is coming across on IACGMOOH.

It can't be coincidence that I have read so many examples of people who know or have met Colin saying the same thing about what a lovely chap he is. He certainly came across as very likeable company.
  • gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In support of Colin, Big Finish are doing special offers on his stories - downloads only for £5. There will be new ones every day he's in the jungle but for the moment only his first two - Sirens Of Time & Whispers Of Terror are available.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A song about THE Colin Baker from Radio 4's The Now Show: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nq4pp (7 minutes 50 seconds in)

:D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the first ep, as Colin was first to hear the helicopter taking off without them..

"I can hear something..."

I was waiting for the sting.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he still there ??
    You wouldn't think so - he hasn't done anything !
    Forum Member
    That seems to be the way of this show. There's a dozen of them, but only four are being used for the games. The rest are deliberately left with nothing much to do. Presumably the idea is they get bored and start to get on each others nerves for our entertainment.

Colin, for his part, has continued being a jovial gent and was shown raising team morale and encouraging the game players.

We also learnt the surprising fact that he really really likes full English breakfasts. You could have knocked me down with a feather.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he still there ??

But he's still getting plenty of support in the appropriate forum areas. So it's all good. Plenty of more imminent candidates for the boot :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he still there ??

You could say that about a lot of the other celebrities as well, like Linda Robson, etc.

As has been said, Helen and Nadine have been doing all the trials so they will get more of the screentime and Colin hasn't done any other tasks yet, which isn't surprising considering his weight. I hardly imagine he would be good at climbing trees as the two fella's did last night.

I think they will keep him for a more question based task like being soaked by insects if you get it wrong sort of thing. Something not that physically challenging.

It could be if he survives the first eliminations he gets more screentime, hope he does, sure there is a lot more to come from him.

:)
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched five mins of it last night, and Colin was doing pretty well. Positive, supportive, empathising. Good for him

What really amazed me was the they've actually got a pretty good line-up of slebs. Youngish, good-looking-ish fella I couldn't identify, and a dollybird I couldn't identify (but later found she's a Pussycat Doll so I'll let her off), but the rest of them I recognised. Dozy Webster is clearly there for jiggling purposes.

Janine EastEnders is always welcome on my telly.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason Helen and Nadine are being picked for the trials is down to the public and the campaign to remove both from the camp as early as possible. It happens most years where the most hated contestants are voted to do the most trials early on every day (remember Katie Price and her 5 continuous days of trials).

Colin is proving to be very popular and, although it appears boring, he is being shown respect by the viewers by not being given trials to do. Now the camps are together, give it a week and when the first evictions start you will see the dynamics changing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "You can't put yourself up for something without doing your best to deliver it."

Nadine has all the classic lines nailed.

The less said about Helen "you lasted four seconds" Flanagan, the better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason Helen and Nadine are being picked for the trials is down to the public and the campaign to remove both from the camp as early as possible. It happens most years where the most hated contestants are voted to do the most trials early on every day (remember Katie Price and her 5 continuous days of trials).

Colin is proving to be very popular and, although it appears boring, he is being shown respect by the viewers by not being given trials to do. Now the camps are together, give it a week and when the first evictions start you will see the dynamics changing.

Don't want to veer too much off subject but in Helen's case it's because of her reaction doing the trials than her unpopularity, always guarantees you're up for more, whereas you're right in Nadine's case as she's an MP who deserted her post to do the show. I don't think Helen will be among the first out, though I could be wrong.

I'm sure once the eliminations start and they choose their own people to do a trial Colin will eventually do one if he stays. Should be an interesting watch! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't want to veer too much off subject but in Helen's case it's because of reaction doing the trials than her unpopularity, always guarantees you're up for more, whereas you're right in Nadine's case as she's an MP who deserted her post to do the show. I don't think Helen will be among the first out, though I could be wrong.

I'm sure once the eliminations start and they choose their own people to do a trial Colin will eventually do one if he stays. Should be an interesting watch! :D

You could say... it would be The Bushtucker Trial of a Time Lord.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    You could say... it would be The Bushtucker Trial of a Time Lord.

:D:D

Let's hope Michael Jayston doesn't turn up as an extra celebrity!

:D:D