Forza 5 Rivals

smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you have been following our rival challenge in the f5 thread here is last weeks results, If anyone else was playing along and wants to be added just say, we can adjust the points system.

Highland Mcb - 1.51.827
Jrhartley09 - 1.51.932
Scottkilbourne - 1.52.377
Gds1972 - 1.54.211
Brass drag0n - 1.57.589
Dang3r close - 2.04.707
Kendoguk - (1.55.219) dirty lap

Championship

Highland Mcb - 10
Jrhartley09 - 7
Scottkilbourne - 5
Gds1972 - 4
Brass drag0n - 3
Dang3r close - 2
Kendoguk - 1

Comments

• smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weeks challenge will be the atom around abu Dhabi.

So rivals, spec challenge, abu dhabi
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Love the atom, might have a go at this.

Not been able to get much gaming in due to work and family commitments, but I’ve a got a few days off coming up so should get some time this week.
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Atom, nice, haven't driven this yet, heard it's quite drift machine.

I'll be in this week, probably more so towards the end of the week, got some uni assignments due.

When I swap back over to Entropy at the end of the month (well Feb) do my points carry forward? :)

I'd quite like to revist the Prague one in a couple of months, I reckon everyone will destroy the above times. For a first challenge that was one slippy car, I bet the mx5 challenge will be sleep inducing in comparison.

There's been some instances of cheating reported to T10 from quite a lot of the stupidly fast times, people have found an exploit that permits tuning >:( So as per Fm4 there's likely to be a leaderboard wipe soon, bit of shame as we'll lose all our hard work but we'll always have the record in here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you can carry over your points when you change your gamertag. Yet again if anyone else was playing along I can add you on. If you didn't do the first one and want to join in now I can also do an average score as well, in case anyone misses any week, hols, rrod etc, assuming not too many join:D

GT - highland Mcb

To save myself on lots of admin work, the points will only be expanded out to the top 15, f1 style. Assuming we can get 15 racers.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Atom, nice, haven't driven this yet, heard it's quite drift machine.

I'll be in this week, probably more so towards the end of the week, got some uni assignments due.

When I swap back over to Entropy at the end of the month (well Feb) do my points carry forward? :)

I'd quite like to revist the Prague one in a couple of months, I reckon everyone will destroy the above times. For a first challenge that was one slippy car, I bet the mx5 challenge will be sleep inducing in comparison.

There's been some instances of cheating reported to T10 from quite a lot of the stupidly fast times, people have found an exploit that permits tuning >:( So as per Fm4 there's likely to be a leaderboard wipe soon, bit of shame as we'll lose all our hard work but we'll always have the record in here.

Actually the spec MX-5 event is quite challenging - You'd think it would be boring, slow and simple, but the lack of speed means that it punishes any inattention. Its all about the weight transfer in the bends and I've lost count of the laps I've spoiled because I tried to carry to much speed into them and have then had the car lurch over on it front suspension or the back end start to lose grip.

Its easy to do a clean lap on this course, but a fast one? That take 100% concentration.

Will have to make more effort with the Atom event - Haven't been near forza in quite a few days now, so I never got a chance to improve on my Prague time despite knowing I could have done better. Looking forward to seeing everyones times.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    This should be fun the Atom is a bit of a handful.
    Forum Member
    Had a quick go this morning. I'm going to need some patience for this one, never driven an un-modified Atom before and it handles terribly. Yas Marina is probably one of the worst tracks for it aswell as all the hard corners are on the last stretch making it very easy to get a 'dirty' lap on the last few corners. Can be very infuriating.

Managed to get a clean 2:11 but i was rolling it though the last few corners,hardly even tickling the throttle. Will try to give it some power when i get more time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a go as well. Its a tough one, one minute I have overseer, the next corner I have understeer. If you go over half the curbs you get chucked about abit as well. Looking at the atom you would think it would eat up all the curbs. This was with traction control and stem on:blush:
  • GeeEmGeeEm Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Hi, add me to the list. ITSJUSTGlenn. Most of the guys above are on my friends list. Would be good to get some challenges done as I've got quite used to Forza now:)
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fastest time for Prague was actually a dirty 1.56.9. For some reason every now and then my times don't show on the leaderboards. I remember thinking I could beat Brass and eventually did on lap 15.
    I'm not after a change, I'm not that guy, I'll accept the "official" timing:cool:. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this from time to time.

Need some practice on the Atom. Squirmy even modded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My fastest time for Prague was actually a dirty 1.56.9. For some reason every now and then my times don't show on the leaderboards. I remember thinking I could beat Brass and eventually did on lap 15.
    I'm not after a change, I'm not that guy, I'll accept the "official" timing:cool:. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this from time to time.

There's something up with the servers, I had it on a couple of laps on Prague, didn't upload. I can't say with certainty, but I think it tends to happen more when you beat a time, and then restart with another one before you exit out fully to the menus. I've made a point of exiting every rival session to go back to the menus before diving back in.

Slight tweaks to rivals I'd like to see:

The plus/minus timing to be shown relative to the target lap, not your own. I don't run with the ghosts on and I no idea where I'm gaining and losing time.

Also the ghosts to be a blue outline (as per Fm4), I had to turn them off as I find them too opaque at present. Yup I know that's me being picky!

So the Atom it is, bags of oversteer and understeer....great :o
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool beans, I never got time to go back to Prague in the Mclaren but I've a bit of free time this week so I'll for sure give this a serious go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A clean lap wil always be classed as quicker than a dirty lap,

14.00.00 clean lap is classed as quicker than a 2.00.00 dirty lap. Stops people taking shortcuts.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have a go, but I know I'll be slow compared to you guys.
    GT: DeadManCarl3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highland Mcb - 1.51.827
    Jrhartley09 - 1.51.932
    Scottkilbourne - 1.52.377
    Gds1972 - 1.54.211
    Brass drag0n - 1.57.589
    Dang3r close - 2.04.707
    Kendoguk - (1.55.219) dirty lap
    Deadmancarl3 - (2.06.422) dirty lap

Championship - round 1

Highland Mcb - 25
    Jrhartley09 - 20
    Scottkilbourne - 16
    Gds1972 - 13
    Brass drag0n - 11
    Dang3r close - 10
    Kendoguk - 9
    Deadmancarl3 - 8
    Itsjustglenn - 7 (no time set but will give out default points to new comers)

I went with moto gp points, think I can add a few more mates into this.

Having a quick look at abu dhabi leaderboard just now. You may as well hand me the cup now:D
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime I think I'm about to better my abu dhabi time I slide slightly wide in the last section and screw up my clean lap.
    Have to admit the Atom is more fun than I thought it would be
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have a go, but I know I'll be slow compared to you guys.
    GT: DeadManCarl3

It happens in career too though. I've had all clean or all dirty sometimes and still times aren't added.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Wow I suck at this one! Had a quick go and am 2 seconds off the pace. I have lost about a second before even getting to the first straight!

Having said that I think this is one where the times will tumble as the week goes on and everyone gets the feel of the car.

Let's hope smcbeath has already peaked!
    Forum Member
    Lord its twitchy :cry:

Managed 02.05.850 earlier - I know I can get half a second off of that time if I have a "lucky" lap as I'm losing around that in the first right, left, right, left with the blind drop on the third corner. I'm picking up a quarter of a second in the mid section, but sometimes losing it again in the final two turns.

So close behind GDS & Kendo's times! >:(
    Forum Member
    smcbeath wrote: »
    This weeks challenge will be the atom around abu Dhabi.

So rivals, spec challenge, abu dhabi

Are we using the atom without any mods and are we allowed braking assists etc. let me know the rules. Cheers guys.
    Forum Member
    I believe you are allowed as many or as little assists as you want, rivals mode doesn't allow any mods so you will only be able to use the stock Atom.

Had a great lap earlier, was looking to get around 2:03 - 2:05 and then i got too giddy on the second to last corner and braked far too late and ended with a dirty lap.....>:(.

So far I'm on a respectable 2:08, but i know i can knock at least 5 seconds due to over breaking on the last few corners.
    Forum Member
    GeeEm wrote: »
    Are we using the atom without any mods and are we allowed braking assists etc. let me know the rules. Cheers guys.

Go to Rivals - Spec Challenger - it's the sixth one along.

The car is stock, but you can have whatever assists you prefer.

Don't forget to add us / let us know you GT for the Friends leader board.
    Forum Member
    Go to Rivals - Spec Challenger - it's the sixth one along.

The car is stock, but you can have whatever assists you prefer.

Don't forget to add us / let us know you GT for the Friends leader board.

Done a few laps earlier then, added a few of u guys this evening, some were already friends.

My gt is ITSJUSTGlenn.

Cheers guys
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    I believe you are allowed as many or as little assists as you want, rivals mode doesn't allow any mods so you will only be able to use the stock Atom.

Had a great lap earlier, was looking to get around 2:03 - 2:05 and then i got too giddy on the second to last corner and braked far too late and ended with a dirty lap.....>:(.

So far I'm on a respectable 2:08, but i know i can knock at least 5 seconds due to over breaking on the last few corners.

Think I beat your lap earlier, but not sure if it's registered yet, can anyone let me know as now finished for the night . Many thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeeEm wrote: »
    Think I beat your lap earlier, but not sure if it's registered yet, can anyone let me know as now finished for the night . Many thanks.

Can't see it on the board yet...

This is by far the worse handling stock I've ever driven, not looking forward to the muscle car one, that'll be worse!