If I upgrade would I loss my offer?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
Forum Member
✭✭
I got one of them come back to Sky offers, 50% of for 12 months, I have everything bar movies and sports. I fancied getting SP1 for the end of the footie season however would I end of losing my offer?

Comments

• Philip NixonPhilip Nixon Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got one of them come back to Sky offers, 50% of for 12 months, I have everything bar movies and sports. I fancied getting SP1 for the end of the footie season however would I end of losing my offer?

The fine print in the ones ive seen say "discount does not apply if you change your package" , but i would ask Sky because they would be turning down extra money from you.

Remenber you would keep the new package for the entire 12 months or you will clobbered for the package Full price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I took the same offer and specifically asked this when signing up. They told me that if I upgrade, I still get 50% off everything - i.e. if I add sports, I get 50% off that as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well to update, yes you are right, the 50% sticks no matter what you go to. I added the sports pack and its £27 per month now, Up £11 so can't complain
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    I took the same offer and specifically asked this when signing up. They told me that if I upgrade, I still get 50% off everything - i.e. if I add sports, I get 50% off that as well.

BIB
    No, you won't. Thats not how it works as it would open it up to abuse
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    BIB
    No, you won't. Thats not how it works as it would open it up to abuse

Well, based on happy-camper's last post, that is exactly how it works.
    Forum Member
    Well, based on happy-camper's last post, that is exactly how it works.

No, it isn't.
    You only get what was in your offer at the discount, not add on's, so you won't get sports added on at a discount!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    No, it isn't.
    You only get what was in your offer at the discount, not add on's, so you won't get sports added on at a discount!
    got a half price sky deal last week phoned to change package and i was told for the whole year i can add or take off and keep half price
  • onephatonephat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it isn't.

I have a 50% offer and change the package all the time. I can also confirm new changes still provide you with 50% off your bill.
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    Popeye13 is incorrect.
  • cornishcornish Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Popeye13 is wrong,i am on a 12 month half price offer and added movies and sports last month still at half price.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it isn't.

Can you confirm where this info comes from?

As, like others, I had a 75% off deal, and managed to add and remove packages, and got the offer throughout.
    Forum Member
    Can you confirm where this info comes from?

As, like others, I had a 75% off deal, and managed to add and remove packages, and got the offer throughout.

Sky themselves is where the info came from.

Im not saying your standing offer stops, im saying if you add other things like movies or sports, the movies or sports are not discounted at the same rate you got
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I was prepared to go completely without pay TV from Sky and cancelled, and got an offer to carry on with the basic entertainment pack at £10 per month instead for 12 months, this might actually be a 50% offer. If it were possible to add or remove anything and still keep it at 50% within this period I could go back to having Entertainment Extra but at £13.50 which would probably be worth it, or even Sky Movies at £21.50 (less likely to bother with this!), is it worth ringing up and asking whether it's possible or best not to rock the boat with a package that is only costing £10 and still giving Sky1, Gold, Sky Atlantic etc?