What was the best day of your life? (exc having baby or marrying)

Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry for the exclusions but wanted to hear more original things.... some may have to post their 2nd best if getting married and having kids was their first.

Not sure what mine was, maybe getting campervan and cooking/eating crab and Welsh lamb al fresco in Criccieth seconds before it rained.

I don't think I have ever had a perfect where nowt has gone wrong so just looking for 'good day' posts really :)

Comments

• SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing Kate Bush perform live a few months ago.

No sorry it was my wedding....what? Oh yes, dear, I didn't see you come in, I'm just on Digital Spy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You say excluding marriage. For many that will have been their WORST ever decision!!
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must still be in the future.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't want this to form part of my OP but meeting people from DS was amongst my fave ever days. I also met my best mates this way and will always remember those first meetings.

P.s. belated Happy Birthday Stoatie xxxxxx
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Discounting marriage/babies, the best days of my life were when I went to Mexico for a week as part of a training course. I visited various schools and houses and just saw a completely different side of the world in which I was accustomed to.

We spent the last day sitting on the beach with a fish barbecue and singing songs. I've never been the travelling, hippy type but the experience has stuck with me.
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being told I hadn't got breast cancer was a pretty good day/week/month....(it hasn't been long and I'm still grinning)

But otherwise, setting sail on a cruise. I love it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crimez83 wrote: »
    Discounting marriage/babies, the best days of my life were when I went to Mexico for a week as part of a training course. I visited various schools and houses and just saw a completely different side of the world in which I was accustomed to.

We spent the last day sitting on the beach with a fish barbecue and singing songs. I've never been the travelling, hippy type but the experience has stuck with me.
    All mine have involved a memorable meal or just basic food too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Being told I hadn't got breast cancer was a pretty good day/week/month....(it hasn't been long and I'm still grinning)

But otherwise, setting sail on a cruise. I love it!

You kept that to yourself Twinnie, bloody brilliant to hear xxx
    I actually thought of those moments when compiling the thread. Been through several myself so understand the relief, especially after Mads.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Climbing a mountain in Rhodes with my bloke. We sat at the top, all knackered and sweaty, ate cheese sandwiches and watched the sun go down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Climbing a mountain in Rhodes with my bloke. We sat at the top, all knackered and sweaty, ate cheese sandwiches and watched the sun go down.

My all time fave was in Haraki in Rhodes.... I ♥ it. Santorini is a close second. Another was skinnydipping near Nerja.
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    You kept that to yourself Twinnie, bloody brilliant to hear xxx
    I actually thought of those moments when compiling the thread. Been through several myself so understand the relief, especially after Mads.
    Mads always comes to mind :(

Sorry to hear you've been through similar problems, but what doesn't kill us etc....;-) Mads gives us strength!
  • Retro-bRetro-b Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Best days are when I remember how things back then weren't really that shitty after all compared to how they turn out to be now.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Seeing George Michael live...incredible! Certainly one of my best experiences.

Getting my degree was pretty great too.

Not sure I can pin point one day over any other tbh.

Special days yes, best day of my life, no...hopefully that is still to come 😊.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holding my dog for the first time, He was 5 days old, and he licked my fingers, sighed and then fell asleep. It was love at first lick.......for both of us.

And right now he's lying across my feet keeping them all toasty.
  • benayounbenayoun Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    22nd December 2009. Walking into a room and finding only one man sitting there. . Did one of those hands in the air things.

Background, I'd been diagnosed with lung cancer and told, after a few tests, that they may be able to operate "with a view to a cure" . One more test to go, and the doctor told me that if the test was good, there would be only one person in the room (the surgeon), if it was not good, there would be two, the surgeon and the oncologist .And there he sat, on his own, the surgeon! 5 years later and I've been discharged from the hospital.. Double hands in the air:):)
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that stamina mountain? Love Rhodes worked there years ago, happiest time of my life :)
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I meant Tsambika, Damn auto correct!
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomato and noodle soup, my first 'meal' in 24 hours after a horrible trip.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8yjobHm-SE (Next to the birth of my daughter I guess :p) this moment is still the happiest of my life. I remember it as if it was yesterday and when I am down I re-watch it to cheer myself up. I'm sad I know :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joining the RN when I was 16, it's what I wanted to do.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just have day after day of constant misery, so none.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Sorry for the exclusions but wanted to hear more original things.... some may have to post their 2nd best if getting married and having kids was their first.

Not sure what mine was, maybe getting campervan and cooking/eating crab and Welsh lamb al fresco in Criccieth seconds before it rained.

I don't think I have ever had a perfect where nowt has gone wrong so just looking for 'good day' posts really :)

There are so many good days, but here are a couple.

Crib Goch, Vertigo Scrambling! Snowdon, Welsh3000 June 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tJdmF0_0Mw

WALK BEHIND THE FABULOUS SGWD YR EIRA WATERFALL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8mQ0uiFItM

Additional.

Having the below right on my doorstep (or near enough) for 21 years.

Salcombe Week 2014 (Merlin Rocket) - Day 5, Race 9 Start - from Steadidrone Quadcopter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7EQefv8Cak
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,068
    Forum Member
    Watching my son receive the new Queen's Colour for his RAF base from Princess Anne. He had tough competition to get the job as there were around 400 others involved in the parade. The whole Colour Party did a totally flawless job. Huge proud Mum, Dad, Sister and Grandparents moment! The only Colour in the UK forces paraded by non NCO or upwards.
    Photo one in the link is my favourite
    http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2014/05/12/princess-royal-in-ceremony-at-raf-cosford/3268736/
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graduation day :). Getting my degree after struggling with severe depression for 6 years was a very proud day (though it still stings to have missed a first by 1%!). I have no idea how I did it, and I couldn't do it again.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    benayoun wrote: »
    22nd December 2009. Walking into a room and finding only one man sitting there. . Did one of those hands in the air things.

Background, I'd been diagnosed with lung cancer and told, after a few tests, that they may be able to operate "with a view to a cure" . One more test to go, and the doctor told me that if the test was good, there would be only one person in the room (the surgeon), if it was not good, there would be two, the surgeon and the oncologist .And there he sat, on his own, the surgeon! 5 years later and I've been discharged from the hospital.. Double hands in the air:):)

Oh wow. 😊