This is SCD not Burn The Floor

Backing dancers, theme sets, theme costumes, theme music. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. You are losing it SCD. Get back to basics. It's a Dancing Competition, not a Saturday night show. The dances tonight were lost with the stupid over the top theme. Producers Get a grip.

Comments

• Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blert wrote: »
    Backing dancers, theme sets, theme costumes, theme music. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. You are losing it SCD. Get back to basics. It's a Dancing Competition, not a Saturday night show. The dances tonight were lost with the stupid over the top theme. Producers Get a grip.

They have got a grip but it's by the throat.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Evening James. :p
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I agree with much of what you say, it's not a dance competition , it is a Saturday night show

Tonight the theming was awful, but it is a Saturday night show.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it is a Saturday night entertainment show, not a strict dancing competition..despite the title of the show. But I agree, they got it all wrong tonight.
  • JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Hilariously BTF has a very simplistic set and very few props (which are parts of the dances) so I don't understand why it's getting the blame? I'm not hugely fond of the themes and backing dancers but I don't understand why burn the floor is getting referred to constantly whenever people don't like something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Whilst I agree with much of what you say, it's not a dance competition , it is a Saturday night show

Tonight the theming was awful, but it is a Saturday night show.
    I beg to differ. There is an element of extravagance to fill in the gaps, and it is on a Saturday, but the fundamental of the program is that it is a reality dancing competition coaching beginners.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest why are so many posters on here so anti Burn the Floor? I was under the impression that it was a Ballroom/Latin based show?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    JDarcy wrote: »
    Hilariously BTF has a very simplistic set and very few props (which are parts of the dances) so I don't understand why it's getting the blame? I'm not hugely fond of the themes and backing dancers but I don't understand why burn the floor is getting referred to constantly whenever people don't like something?
    Because it is the guy from BTF that is having a large say in the way SCD is being developed, including messing with the professionals choreography. It is, unfortunately, Mr Jordan, formally of SCD, that has crossed swords with this chap (his name escapes me, but he was on ITT) and was consequently sacked because he disagreed with the changes and interference. Although not being a particular supporter of his, I must admit to having to agree with him.
  • riversmumriversmum Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the dancers are very distracting and really hate them being in most dances.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am anti BTF because imo jason Gilikson has too much say on the show and the show is becoming over run with BTF dancers (don't get me wrong we have two of our ex pupils in the show and many of the BTF dancer are ex champs etc) but the pro dances are not as good as they were a few years ago and the backing dancers tonight were too prominent they are meant to be backing dancers but felt they were all competing to be seen in the hope of being added to the show

There is a lot of cross over of music between sCD and some dWTS shows and the link again is Gilikson all the new additions to DWTS USA are all BTF dancers and who can forget the BTF dancer in Australia who could not dance a foxtrot hmself let alone teach it to his celeb
  • JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Blert wrote: »
    Because it is the guy from BTF that is having a large say in the way SCD is being developed, including messing with the professionals choreography. It is, unfortunately, Mr Jordan, formally of SCD, that has crossed swords with this chap (his name escapes me, but he was on ITT) and was consequently sacked because he disagreed with the changes and interference. Although not being a particular supporter of his, I must admit to having to agree with him.

That makes sense, I do wish the pros had more say.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    riversmum wrote: »
    I thought the dancers are very distracting and really hate them being in most dances.

I thought it was a great show tonight.