Favourite and Least Favourite Pro?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
Forum Member
I thought this would make for a good thread given the new season.

Favourite: Derek
He always comes up with creative and original choreography, I missed him on the show last season. He always gets the best out of his partners but he's never been paired with anyone with no potential.

Least Favourite: Mark
I noticed some harsh comments about him in this forum and I have to agree. He used to be one of my favourites but I've really started to tire of him in the last couple of seasons. He always seems to 'overdance' the dances which makes him outshine his partners and I wish he would stick to the traditional styling a bit more..oh dear I'm turning into Len.

Out of the girls, I really like Kym and Lacey, it's a shame Lacey doesn't get better partners.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Favourites: Maks and Kym

Least faves: Mark (although I used to really like him) and Karina(I know she is a great dancer but I just can't warm to her. I disliked Edyta and used to Lacey but she has grown on me
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourite Male: Maks/Derek/Tony

Least Favourite Male: Mark

Favourite Female: Lacey/Chelsie

Least Favourite Female: Cheryl
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Favourites: Maks, Tony, Lacey & Karina

Least Favourites: Mark (seems arrogant) and Derek (gives me the creeps & I really wish he'd keep a shirt on... he's got the chest of a 10 year old boy)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Favourites: Derek (although his personality annoys me no end), Maks and Kym

Least Favourites: Karina, Lacey, Tony and Anna
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite male -- Derek
    Favourite female -- Kym

Worst male -- Mark
    Worst female -- Lacey
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite male -- Derek
    Favourite female -- Kym

Worst male -- Mark
    Worst female -- Lacey

Ditto

I used to like Mark and would previous have answered Maks, but these last few years Mark has changed and gone off the boil with his dancing too.

I did wonder if it was something to do with him not having as much success outside the show as Derek and Julianne who he is so close to. That's just my perception though.

I also like Chelsie and Louis miss them this time. :)
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourites are Derek (by a MILE) - he is such an outstanding choreographer, he never just 'goes through the motions' and always choreographs to his celeb's strengths, and makes it so that you wouldn't even know what their weaknesses are, while at the same time being genuinely creative with his moves, and putting genuine emotions into his routines. Also, his teaching skills are superb, he is so good at understanding the best way for his celeb to learn, and at building their confidence and their love of dancing. I don't think I've ever seen one of Derek's celebs being hit by a crisis of confidence, or moaning that they don't get it, or hating a particular dance style. They all seem to absolutely rave about him and about dancing in general, and I think that says a lot about him and his teaching style.

From the other pros, I really like Cheryl, and Maks is growing on me as he seems to be mellowing slightly over the last few seasons. I also really like Tony, although I don't think he is nearly as creative with his choreography as some of the others. I also miss Julianne, who I think is similar in her teaching style to Derek.

I don't dislike many of them, but I find Lacey quite irritating, and she can be very poor at choreographing to her celeb's strengths, and she often also outdances them in a very obvious way, which doesn't make her celeb look that good. Chelsie can be similar sometimes too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    My favourites are Derek (by a MILE) - he is such an outstanding choreographer, he never just 'goes through the motions' and always choreographs to his celeb's strengths, and makes it so that you wouldn't even know what their weaknesses are, while at the same time being genuinely creative with his moves, and putting genuine emotions into his routines. Also, his teaching skills are superb, he is so good at understanding the best way for his celeb to learn, and at building their confidence and their love of dancing. I don't think I've ever seen one of Derek's celebs being hit by a crisis of confidence, or moaning that they don't get it, or hating a particular dance style. They all seem to absolutely rave about him and about dancing in general, and I think that says a lot about him and his teaching style.
    Couldn't agree more. He's superb and completely stands out from the rest of the dancers for me.

By the way, I'm not stalking you from the Ozzie Masterchef thread. ;)
    I also miss Julianne, who I think is similar in her teaching style to Derek.
    I was just about to make that point.

They're both such talented people. Makes you sick, really.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite male pro: the new Irishman, Tristan MacManus - gorgeous but really nice and a great teacher. Second would be Dmitry Chaplin if he were on the show this season, but since he's not, then Derek Hough - he's a genius at choreography that makes his partner look good.

Favourite female pro: Kym Johnson, who's the sweetest person in the world. I do think Karina Smirnoff is the best dancer, technically.

Least favourite male pro: another newbie, Maks' brother Val Chmerkovskiy. Second least who used to be my favourite, Mark Ballas. They both dance to show themselves off instead of their partners, imo.

Least favourite female pro: This is hard. If Chelsie Hightower were on this season, I'd pick her because I think her dancing is a bit sloppy. So though I like her ok, I'll say Lacey Schwimmer.
  • RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    favourite male - tony
    favourite female - karina or kym

least favourite male - derek
    least favourite female - cheryl
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    Favourite pro: Tristan McManus. Wish he'd defect to Strictly!

Least favourite pro: Maks. Can't bear him. And he's fugly which makes him easier to dislike. His best mate Tony Dovolani is a distant 2nd.
  • socialdancersocialdancer Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    This season I just love Tristan (well, I am Irish ;)), he teaches so well. I was really pleased that Mark Ballas went out early, far too pleased with himself. Derek I love watching, he is a superb choreographer, and I think that Maks has done himself no favours this time around.

Of the girls, I really like Kym, used to like Cheryl but not so much this time.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourite - Derek (he is a phenomenal dancer)

Least favourite - Lacey (she still dances for herself)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite: Derek, exquisite dancer and Choreographer
    Least favourite: Lacey
  • GeekyGeminiGeekyGemini Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite Male: Tristan - really hope the new SCD producer tries to get him on our screens next year!!

Least Favourite Male: Derek - though I think this may be because I don't like the way he always gets the ringers and is never given anyone he actually has to work on. Like Maks pointed out, if any pro had got his partners they'd be constantly getting praised etc as his partners always have natural talent/are extremely popular :rolleyes:

Favourite Female: Kym - she's just really encouraging to her partners and I love her aussie attitude :D Think that's why I like Natalie so much on SCD!

Least Favourite Female: Lacey - she reminds me of Aliona in that she choreographs for the audience which for me sometimes leads to her producing style over substance :(
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This season I just love Tristan (well, I am Irish ;)), he teaches so well. I was really pleased that Mark Ballas went out early, far too pleased with himself. Derek I love watching, he is a superb choreographer, and I think that Maks has done himself no favours this time around.

I agree that Tristan is a great addition to the show - he's a really good dancer, nice teacher, has interesting choregraphy and seems really nice.

I agree about Maks too, his comments the other week about how he is what makes this show, and the comments to Hope about how he was losing faith in her were just ridiculous.
    Least Favourite Male: Derek - though I think this may be because I don't like the way he always gets the ringers and is never given anyone he actually has to work on. Like Maks pointed out, if any pro had got his partners they'd be constantly getting praised etc as his partners always have natural talent/are extremely popular :rolleyes:

I don't agree with that - it's true that Derek's had some really good partners, but he's still gone out of his way to push them and to choreograph things that are really creative and challenging, he never ever takes the easy route and choreographs something easy or predictable or run of the mill. There is real creativity in what he does, and he always seems to get something out of his celebs that seems to be more than they expected to be able to do - look at the pasos he did with Joanna Krupa and Nicole Scherzinger for example, both really quite groundbreaking, when he could easily have choreographed something more standard.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourite male pro Derek because he is so talented and is a genius at choreographies.Great teacher and manages to get the best out of his partner.
    Favourite female pro: Karina because she is so talented and achieved so much in her professional career(more talented than the female pros at dwts combined).Im so happy that she finally won;she deserves it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Least fave male Maks, used to be my fave but after this year have gone right off him
    Fave male - Derek

Fave female - Kym
    Least fave female - Lacey
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    fav male Maks,Tony,Tristan

fav female Cheryl,Kym

least fav Derek,Lacey
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fave Female: Kym (and Julianne)
    Least Fave Female: Lacey

I know Peta and her partner were out week 1 but I liked her dancing when she joined the dance troupe, so I hope she's given another chance next series.

Fave Male: Derek and Tristan
    Least Fave: Maks (this series, anyway - he and Hope seemed to bring out the worst in each other)
  • robkath22robkath22 Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Favourite male pro- easily Derek. I love to watch him dance & his choreography is brilliant
    Favourite female pro - Karina

Least favourite male pro - if I'd posted earlier I would have undoubtedly have said Mark - hate the way he outdances his celeb partners - but now I think it has to be Maks for his attitude
    Least favourite female pro - Lacey - have just never taken to her
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching the whole season, I want to change my vote for least favourite male. Now it's Maks. And I changed my mind on Val - he's ok but probably part of a package deal with his big brother, along with Teddy, the least competent of the "troupe". Ugh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fave: Maks

Least Fave: Derek (I just find him creepy)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    do not get all the derek love