• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read the latest spoilers and I kinda wish I never now. :p
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    CharlieC95 wrote: »
    I just read the latest spoilers and I kinda wish I never now. :p

I don't read spoilers anymore... :) It's more exciting that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Normally I try not to read them but I thought I would this week. I don't think I will in the future :-)
  • wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member

I really wish I had your will-power George but I'm too Wilde-ian!!! :blush:
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    I really wish I had your will-power George but I'm too Wilde-ian!!! :blush:

I used to love the spoilers... then I realised that I preferred not to know.

I don't even look at who is joining and leaving the cast anymore.
    Forum Member
    It was nice to see Stella Gonet (Jayne Grayson) on 'Silk' yesterday, and not long after we'd been talking about her stint on Holby too
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooo I didn't realise she was coming back.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an episode so far the never ending lack of a decent storyline is utterly pathetic, the only interesting thing tonight is ric and his daughter.

So sick of bovine Bonnie and the **** and his never ending Emma comments, the vile self and slack Alice sidekick C**tlette are as per usual unwanted and a friggin annoyance and now we have the **** banging on about the rota during surgery.

Sorry thread and FM's but I have to say it will they just **** off and crawl under a rock.

Only Ric,Sasha,Serenna & Naylor are keeping me from switching over and again no nurse would ever get away with speaking to a consultant without them being handed a bollocking.
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I have absolutely no idea WTH is going on with the Jac/Jonny/Bonnie thing anymore.

Does Jac really want Jonny deep down? Or does she just not want anyone else to have him?
    Is it about the fear of Jonny not pulling his weight re Emma if Bonnie's around?
    Is it just about getting rid of Bonnie in any capacity due to generally disliking her? Or is it just another game of one-upmanship?

What's the motivation here? The entire SL is a shambles and, dare I say it, tedious beyond belief.

For a moment, I thought Dr X Factor was going to turn psycho (which would've made him a hell of a lot more interesting) but that turned out to be a non-starter; unless his story about the hamsters was insinuating that he really did stab that guy with the needle.

There's nothing in Holby that's interesting or gripping anymore, for me anyway. I think I may just stick to reading spoilers and will only tune in if anything sounds remotely interesting. It's a sad state of affairs :(
    Forum Member
    Well Harry was right about his dad!

Jac was hoisted by her own petard!!

And, I actually thought I'd started warming to Dominic until that hamster story at any rate - how horrible was that!!!

And it was nice to see more of Ric at last :)
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Harry was right about his dad!

Jac was hoisted by her own petard!!

And, I actually thought I'd started warming to Dominic until that hamster story at any rate - how horrible was that!!!

And it was nice to see more of Ric at last :)

What did Dominic say again? I wasn't quite paying attention to that bit.
  • sohvimussohvimus Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    Ok, I have absolutely no idea WTH is going on with the Jac/Jonny/Bonnie thing anymore.

Does Jac really want Jonny deep down?

Quite possibly. Basically year ago we saw the episode where she said she loves him. A lot has happened in that year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    What did Dominic say again? I wasn't quite paying attention to that bit.

He said that him and his brother put one of their female pet hamsters in with a load of babies that weren't hers and she proceeded to kill them all because they were alien to her and she felt threatened by them.

The moral of the story was about things lashing out when they feel threatened ie. (potentially) Dominic lashing out at his patient when what the guy said riled him?
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sohvimus wrote: »
    Quite possibly. Basically year ago we saw the episode where she said she loves him. A lot has happened in that year.

And it wasn't very long ago that he told Jac that he wouldn't want any other woman to be the mother of his child.

I wonder if scripts get confusing sometimes for actors.:)
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I share the disappointment of many posters regarding the characters and story lines. I find myself wishing that most of them would simply disappear in this order; Bonnie, Jonny, Collette, Dominic (I think they are going down the sociopath route with the character but it doesn't quite fit with his emotional devastation at Malik's rejection). Too many big characters left and too many newbies started at once and very few of them have strong characters, I think Holby is dying.
    Forum Member
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    He said that him and his brother put one of their female pet hamsters in with a load of babies that weren't hers and she proceeded to kill them all because they were alien to her and she felt threatened by them.

The moral of the story was about things lashing out when they feel threatened ie. (potentially) Dominic lashing out at his patient when what the guy said riled him?

I was actually thinking more about him (and his brother) not trying to stop the hamster biting the heads off the babies (but actually don't think that Dominic did stab that patient because that does seem like an incredible risk to take)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I was actually thinking more about him (and his brother) not trying to stop the hamster biting the heads off the babies (but actually don't think that Dominic did stab that patient because that does seem like an incredible risk to take)

I think the look he gave, was more than enough confirmation he did.
    Forum Member
    Ooooo I didn't realise she was coming back.

As far as I know she's not - we were talking about her previous stint as CEO a couple of pages ago (I think because she was cited as an atypical Scot) = sorry for the confusion!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got a sort of serial killer vibe in that scene. The way he told that story was just too blasé; like he's detached from real life and is viewing it in a psycho/sociopathic way.

I'm still not 100% sure on what really happened with his patient, but I've got a feeling that hamster stuff was confirmation, of sorts, of him attacking the guy. I wouldn't be against him going down a dark path though, it'd be the only thing about him that'd be interesting.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,176
    Forum Member
    I don't think that Dominic stabbed the Patient but I think that story was intended to give us an insight into his basic mentality - an absolute belief in the rules of nature - survival of the fittest, attacking anything that threatens you or you feel doesn't belong. Digby (and possibly Zosia after tonight) beware. I'm glad someone finally addressed him having chosen to return to Holby City rather than another Hospital (where his reputation wouldn't precede him and he could really have had a fresh sttart)b as it has always puzzled / annoyed me. We didn't get an answer but at least it has been acknowledged on screen that it was an odd thing to do and I still think it might be for revenge on anyone that spoke against him at the Inquest - ie Digby.
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I don't think that Dominic stabbed the Patient but I think that story was intended to give us an insight into his basic mentality - an absolute belief in the rules of nature - survival of the fittest, attacking anything that threatens you or you feel doesn't belong. Digby (and possibly Zosia after tonight) beware. I'm glad someone finally addressed him having chosen to return to Holby City rather than another Hospital (where his reputation wouldn't precede him and he could really have had a fresh sttart)b as it has always puzzled / annoyed me. We didn't get an answer but at least it has been acknowledged on screen that it was an odd thing to do and I still think it might be for revenge on anyone that spoke against him at the Inquest - ie Digby.

That would be my take on it too. I really don't think that he'd take the risk of having a patient complain about him (especially with his history) and he didn't know there was a medical explanation for Mr Bing's weirdness so could have lost everything (which if he is a socio/psychopath makes the stabbing even less likely in my opinion - he'd be much too calculating to risk it all)
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,176
    Forum Member
    Rosie Marcel said in a recent interview that Jac sees Bonnie as having taken Jonny away from her and resents her because she liked having Jonny at her beck and call. I can see that, even after they'd split, Jonny was still usually following her around because of the pregnancy and they were a partnership and friends and Bonnie need rather scupper that - I mean they had decided to live together as parents until Bonnie showed up and her comments seemed to make Jonny see Jac in a new light.

I think deep down she probably does still love him as well. We know from Joseph that she really doesn't give her heart easily but when she does, it stays given even if she accepts that they aren't together and goes into sniping as a default mode. She might also deep down be scared that if things get serious between them, they'll be the perfect couple to bring up Emma as the nuclear family and she'll be pushed out. And it has to be said, that "r of us in the relationship, me, Jonny and Emma" did mark them as the family with Jac as the outsider and I can see that "2 of us, makes sense for us to look after her" coming up more and more. I know jac baited her and was playing games but Bonnie was a bitch with her comments about what Jac could do with her spare time and has shown that she can be very manipulative and feel no guilt. Having the father (and his girlffiend) around at the weekend with the baby in case she gets called to work is very different to not seeing the baby at all for 3 days - less than 2 weeks after she has come home. I just hate that they are going to be playing house with Emma on her first holiday. And why did she book a surprise holiday 200 miles away for a man with a sick baby anyway? They didn't even know she'd be out of Hospital 3 weeks ago. And she shouldn't have been reversing into a Reserved bay to hit the bike. Can Jac even ride it home tonight? Doubt it, she'll get out there, find it, have to get a taxi - at least she could have been pre-warned. I got the distinct impression we were supposed to feel for and side with Bonnie tonight - I didn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the tarot cards woman saw a speaking part in the future of that male nurse extra who was having a reading :D

Nice to see Jess back. I know we're supposed to sympathise that Bonnie finally got one over on Jac because she was being so uncompromising but i just can't.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In short:

Bonnie is a manipulative bi..h and I can't wait to see her (eventually) get her come-uppance.

Dominic is a pyscho and I'm pretty sure he did stab that patient. He certainly man-handled him. Wonder is his brother is a psycho too.

Ric was magnificent at the end.
    Forum Member
    In short:

Bonnie is a manipulative bi..h and I can't wait to see her (eventually) get her come-uppance.

Dominic is a pyscho and I'm pretty sure he did stab that patient. He certainly man-handled him. Wonder is his brother is a psycho too.

Ric was magnificent at the end.
    But, given next week's spoilers, I have a very bad feeling about that last statement he made!
This discussion has been closed.