Options

EastEnders: Tuesday 1/1/13 8:00PM We Wish You A Merry Christening & A Happy New Year!

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lick wrote: »
    thanks for the thread zack and a happy new year to everyone... hope we see aot of zainab,phil,aj, ian + denise..
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Great thread Zack :) Love the names & title.

I can't believe it's a year since Pat's death:( I hope she gets a mention tonight but I doubt it.

Happy new year all :)

The EastEnders awards 2012

Threads:
    Thursday 24th January is available and Mon. 28th onwards.

Please PM me if interested in doing a thread.
    Happy new year all and thanks for the thread Zack!

I havent been on DS since last year :D

I enjoyed EE over xmas but Max's secret was sooooo crap- boo hiss
    xTonix wrote: »
    Luv the thread title :D

Thanks guys. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very average episode. Expect much much better of EE on New Year's Day.

Should have had far more references to Pat on her 1 year deathday (lol not sure if that's an actual word).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the repeat.
    Not impressed much by todays offering :(
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Very odd episode
    A lot of odd line delivery from different people referances to past charcters but none to Dennis, but im glad this Lexi SL is all but finished
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She's on my 'cute but put on mute' list, because her voice just annoys me.

Ahh no. I like her accent. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

Which one? She seems to change it every time she's on screen...:confused::p
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    I like the Accent normally but I don't like hers.
    I find the Character pointless and boring too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    I like the Accent normally but I don't like hers.
    I find the Character pointless and boring too.

Same....and she's not entertainingly pointless like Charlie's girlfriend Brenda or Queen Shenice, she is just bland and boring with a bizarre weird accent. I don't like it when characters are obvious plot devices, I like it when their true motives are not made clear like with Danielle.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Same....and she's not entertainingly pointless like Charlie's girlfriend Brenda or Queen Shenice, she is just bland and boring with a bizarre weird accent. I don't like it when characters are obvious plot devices, I like it when their true motives are not made clear like with Danielle.
    It's just the way she turned up. She just doesn't fit with the Masood family at all. If she was part of a new family then maybe that would work.This for me just doesn't.

With Brenda it was to give Charlie a storyline of his own but the Masoods have plenty to keep them going.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also im really surprised phil didnt say anything about shirl when sharon said "You were engaged" she obviously knows he loved shirl :)

That's presuming Phil gives a fig about Shirley.

She's out of the equation now.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New year all.

What a stupid storyline....no way could Lexi be called Mitchell it's against the law. According to the law...a child born outside marriage can only be called by the fathers surname IF the father is at the childs registration and agrees to this in person (and signs a document admitting fatherhood I believe.) Anyway it's irrelevent because no Christian Baptism ever uses a childs surname. Why do TPTB at EE never research anything?
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    It's just the way she turned up. She just doesn't fit with the Masood family at all. If she was part of a new family then maybe that would work.This for me just doesn't.

With Brenda it was to give Charlie a storyline of his own but the Masoods have plenty to keep them going.

does nobody else think she might develop a crush on Masood, father figure type thing. AJ around making Mas feel young again & that may be how this story develops. Who knows but those are the hints I'm getting. I Have probably mis-read it all :o but I don't think Mas is really her uncle is he, just family friend so could happen
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    That's presuming Phil gives a fig about Shirley.

She's out of the equation now.

he looked sad when he said about her leaving. he wouldnt have mentioned her at all if she didnt mean anything. he's clearly clinging onto this fantasy family. infact he should have at least made sure sharon knew that shirl didnt mean anything to him. the way he was talking about her sharon would assume she did. he should have said there and then she didnt mean anything to make things clear for her

saying stuff like "shirl didnt mean anything, i was just settling for her cos i couldnt have you" would make sharon feel special
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Please please please don't say aeesha gets it on with Masood. She is an awful actress and how old is she meant to be? She looks like she is in her mid thirties! I can't understand a word she says and it would be so predictable and boring to get rid of Zainab by doing that. Once Zainab goes they all should follow. No Masoods without the talent they all spark off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't a particularly bad episode, just very very boring.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Very odd episode
    A lot of odd line delivery from different people referances to past charcters but none to Dennis, but im glad this Lexi SL is all but finished

Reg Cox wasn't mentioned either:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vanlevessa wrote: »
    Please please please don't say aeesha gets it on with Masood. She is an awful actress and how old is she meant to be? She looks like she is in her mid thirties! I can't understand a word she says and it would be so predictable and boring to get rid of Zainab by doing that. Once Zainab goes they all should follow. No Masoods without the talent they all spark off.

Just my speculation and I hope not but did nobody else get these hints:o seemed kind of obvious to me:confused:
    And yes shame Zainab is off but Mas will be fine alone he was before so no reason he should go. I think AJ will try it on with her first & she'll confide in Uncle Mas
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanlevessa wrote: »

It's blatantly obvious what is going to happen...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's blatantly obvious what is going to happen...

is it, I thought it seemed obvious but are we reading from same page:confused:
  • Options
    Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Can't believe that the only mention of Pat was from Alfie when he was on the graveyard. Or miss I something ? I felt sorry for Jack in this episode. But I like Michael when he interact with him. And Alfie and Roxy felt so wrong for me...

Rest was not so good. The whole Lexithing is bad in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    :eek: Trying to replace Zee with Ayesha would be a massive mistake. I know a lot of people don't like her, but Zee is such a strong character that it would be almost impossible for any actress to fill her shoes within that family. I thought Ayesha end up getting with AJ, which would be fine with me. However, I really don't like the idea of them pairing her up with Mas.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    ugh i thought this was xmas day lol