Black Friday to cyber Monday What did you buy !!!

BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am feeling a bit left out of all the exciting Black Friday Offers. Their are lots of good deals on at the moment I just don't really need anything. I keep looking at the deals going that is cheap should I buy it. Then looking around and think where would I put it, do I really need it. So far i have not bought anything :(

So let me know what you bought so I can be excited for you.

also if you spot things at seems just plain odd to have a black Friday sell. Amazon really does have some amazingly odd things and people snap them up. This thing a horses head door bell. It is just odd right ? 100% sold out but really I am left wonderin even for 10 quid who would want it ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001E50U78/ref=gb1h_tit_c-3_2147_790c21a8?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1AJ67ZXE0E326WRCFHV8&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=560262147

Comments

• peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Bought an electric blanket and Bodum Travel Press. Not sure why I bought that, I work at home.

Waiting for something else tonight.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Some people will buy any old tat! I don't bother with it.

I saw some videos today of the behaviour of "The Great Unwashed" in the shops and was simply horrified at the behaviour. Whitfield Tescos in Dover was not immune.

Greed is a very nasty thing especially when it encourages people to behave like barbarians.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I was in town today anyway and had decided i was going to buy hair dye from superdrug and some underwear from ann summers. I went in those two shops and got my hair dye, then found out ann summers had a 20% off sale so i got my underwear for cheaper.

I think i did well because i bought what i intended to buy and didnt just cave in and buy something i had never considered "because its on sale".

There were loads of people at the bus stop surrounded by masses of bags from electronic stores though so that explains why it was so busy in town.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy Tab s 10.5 tablet reduced from £399 to £299 at John Lewis and then another £50 cashback, I planned on buying this a week ago and I'm pleased I waited as £249 is an absolute bargain for their top of the range tablet.

LG G2 phone £150 from Vodafone to replace my Galaxy S2

Tassimo Joy Coffee machine £39

Cat house lodge reduced from £70 to £35 at Amazon

All purchased online.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a computer game called Woah Dave!

It was £3.99 reduced to 79p then on top of that I had a 50% off voucher that could be used in conjuction with the discount so it cost me 39p.

Last of the big spenders. :cool:
  • Rab64Rab64 Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing. I don't need anything at present
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's crap, can't find any discounted sd cards. :(
  • BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I went in those two shops and got my hair dye, then found out ann summers had a 20% off sale so i got my underwear for cheaper.

I think i blushed slightly just reading your bought underwear. It is silly really I never know where to look when in those sections of the shop glad you got a bargain to !!!
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    Galaxy Tab s 10.5 tablet reduced from £399 to £299 at John Lewis and then another £50 cashback, I planned on buying this a week ago and I'm pleased I waited as £249 is an absolute bargain for their top of the range tablet.

LG G2 phone £150 from Vodafone to replace my Galaxy S2

Tassimo Joy Coffee machine £39

Cat house lodge reduced from £70 to £35 at Amazon

All purchased online.

wow sounds like you got some good deals. I really like the Samsung tab's I have an old 7.7 one the screens are very good colour quality. I have considered getting a bigger screen one just for movies.
    sodavlac wrote: »
    I bought a computer game called Woah Dave!

It was £3.99 reduced to 79p then on top of that I had a 50% off voucher that could be used in conjuction with the discount so it cost me 39p.

Last of the big spenders. :cool:

That looks a interesting game. It reminds me of Jet Set Willy I used to have the spectrum. It shows games dont need super graphics to be fun.
    It's crap, can't find any discounted sd cards. :(

http://www.tesco.com/direct/sandisk-micro-sdhc-memory-card-sd-adapter-16gb/334-8308.prd?sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1018132

I found this one sadly out of stock. However they might have some left in you local store ?

If not My momeory have this one. I dont know much about SD cards but it seems good one and half price

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/Lexar/Lexar-Professional-32GB-Class-10-UHS-1-600X-90MB_s-High-Speed-SDHC-Memory-Card
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,576
    Forum Member
    I bought a game on Steam for 9 p :D defy gravity, it's rubbish,lol
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »

I found this one sadly out of stock. However they might have some left in you local store ?

If not My momeory have this one. I dont know much about SD cards but it seems good one and half price

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/Lexar/Lexar-Professional-32GB-Class-10-UHS-1-600X-90MB_s-High-Speed-SDHC-Memory-Card

Thanks for looking bluescope. ;-)That is good, and it's the same make as the one I'm replacing but I was hoping for a 64gb version. Just looked and they've got a good price on one of those. Never used that site before so thanks:)
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Bought the Oz Complete DVD too :D

As for going out to shop, no way :D
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I think i blushed slightly just reading your bought underwear. It is silly really I never know where to look when in those sections of the shop glad you got a bargain to !!!

Nothing dodgy! Where i live ann summers is pretty much the only place to get decent bras that last. We used to have several good shops for womens clothes but now the only clothing shop that stocks a wide range of underwear is primark and that doesnt even last one wash sometimes!

I do think the best deals are available online in black friday. In town its only really worth it if its something you intended to buy anyway.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Just got a playstation 4 with a game - online
  • BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I bought a game on Steam for 9 p :D defy gravity, it's rubbish,lol

Well only 9p. I would suggest looking at state of decay in sale today I found it a lot of fun. Also Banner Saga is 3.74 same price it is an adventure game bit lightweight perhaps but I think it is a bargain for that price. Also banished is still on offer at 5.99 if you like city build games it is a lot of fun you certainly get a few hours out of it.

Trouble with Steam sales so many cheap offers not enough time to play them all :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOTHING. I'll let the underclasses disgrace themselves for a couple more days, and then when they've pi55ed off wondering how to 'consolidate' all their credit card loans, I'll just intelligently use the net & get BRANDED items for a decent price.

It'll be a Chavvy Blaupunkt TV free zone...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow sounds like you got some good deals. I really like the Samsung tab's I have an old 7.7 one the screens are very good colour quality. I have considered getting a bigger screen one just for movies.
    I admit you can get carried away, I only meant to purchase the tablet and not the other items.

Yes, the Samsung tablets are great. I have a note 2 10.1 now which is a good tablet but the lure of the amoled screen was too much. But it's just like anything really, you just get used to what you have whatever it is. ;-)
  • Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    Clothes online. 25% off.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought Edvard Munch's 'The Scream' for £1.99 - a bit of a bargain even if I do say so myself.

http://www.popspotsnyc.com/The_Scream/scream_1893.JPG
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diddly Squat.:D
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely nowt.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Breaking Bad cook book :D
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Ford Aftershave
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a carrier bag for 5p.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought regular stuff at normal prices but did buy a PS3 game reduced to £10 in the Black Friday sales.