What is James Jordan's problem with Kevin and Karen?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Another week, another snidey Twitter comment from Jordan insinuating that they are the producers favourites, and if it's not that it's nasty comments insulting their choreography. I know that Ola and Karen supposedly had a row last series, but they've apparently put it behind them now, James it seems hasn't. I also don't understand why he doesn't seem to like Kevin very much as any beef he has should be with Karen and not her partner.

Has James forgotten that once upon a time he was also a "favourite" who was even given his own presenting slot on ITT? I actually don't believe the producers favour any of the pros and would toss any of them to the side once they've reached the end of their shelf life anyway.

Here's what I think. James thought that he and Ola were the golden couple on Strictly, Karen arrives, followed by Kevin who become hugely popular due to the whole "Grimsby" thing and James has his nose put out of joint because of it. We know James has an ego the size of Russia, I can't imagine a new male pro, particularly a. British one, becoming so popular went down very well.

James is a bully as seen on CBB I'm so glad we are now seeing his true colours!

Comments

• Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another week, another snidey Twitter comment from Jordan insinuating that they are the producers favourites, and if it's not that it's nasty comments insulting their choreography. I know that Ola and Karen supposedly had a row last series, but they've apparently put it behind them now, James it seems hasn't. I also don't understand why he doesn't seem to like Kevin very much as any beef he has should be with Karen and not her partner.

Has James forgotten that once upon a time he was also a "favourite" who was even given his own presenting slot on ITT? I actually don't believe the producers favour any of the pros and would toss any of them to the side once they've reached the end of their shelf life anyway.

Here's what I think. James thought that he and Ola were the golden couple on Strictly, Karen arrives, followed by Kevin who become hugely popular due to the whole "Grimsby" thing and James has his nose put out of joint because of it. We know James has an ego the size of Russia, I can't imagine a new male pro, particularly a. British one, becoming so popular went down very well.

James is a bully as seen on CBB I'm so glad we are now seeing his true colours!

I thought his Twitter feed was pretty complimentary about the jive? Have we been reading the same thing?
  • polliejjpolliejj Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Deleted because OP has own agenda against James.
  • Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen and Ola had a little spat last year according to the tabloids.

That might have something to do with it.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polliejj wrote: »
    James tweeted:

James Jordan @The_JamesJordan · 2h 2 hours ago
    Like I said week 1

Frankie and Kevin or Mark and Karen will win Strictly.... My money's still looking safe. 🙊

How could he possibly know that in week,one? :confused:

It's obvious that he's implying that they are the producers favourites.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He took a real whack at Karen last year on Twitter when she did the Samba with Dave.......called her out for eating a banana at the end of the dance whilst the judges were talking. Everything Karen & Kevin do, be it the alleged bullying, James's cryptic comments about certain people getting too big for their boots and letting a bit of publicity go to their heads. Plus his sniping at BTF which KFG and Karen dance in.

I think he just has a huge chip that these two are the 'new favourites', the golden couple of the moment. It still amazes me that beige comment he made on CBB because I don't think KFG is beige. The Cliftons are Ballroom royalty.

I honestly think it really is about jealousy over the changing of the guard. James being jealous and his ego taking a knock that the Jordan's are now 'Old Hat' in SCD terms. Plus he's an arrogant arse who thinks he has more value that he has and has no doubt let his mouth run away with him once took often.
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    I find Kevin and Karen to be terribly annoying but i can see that Kevin is a great teacher/choreographer. His other half, i find quite bland but she's getting better at coming up with decent routines. I don;t think it's a case of sour grapes or envy. He has praised people who deserve it..... like Trent, though...so he's not always negative.

Even Iain said that Kevin over choreographs....
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Jealous that he and Ola are no longer Strictly's golden couple.

They never were to begin with, mind.
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James is a massive tool and no mistake. Yes James you showed your true colours on CBB and unfortunately for Ola continue to do so. Shakes head.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    I find Kevin and Karen to be terribly annoying but i can see that Kevin is a great teacher/choreographer. His other half, i find quite bland but she's getting better at coming up with decent routines. I don;t think it's a case of sour grapes or envy. He has praised people who deserve it..... like Trent, though...so he's not always negative.

Even Iain said that Kevin over choreographs....

He's not always negative, but he's is always negative about Kevin and Karen, that's the point I'm making. It's bullying, and I'm sure they are glad that James is no longer on the show as I can't their working life was very pleasant last year.

Did James and Ola ever win anything of note in the ballroom world? I was under the impression that they were teaching OAPs to dance on cruise ships before Strictly came along... Karen is a former Salsa world champion.
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    I honestly think it really is about jealousy over the changing of the guard. James being jealous and his ego taking a knock that the Jordan's are now 'Old Hat' in SCD terms. Plus he's an arrogant arse who thinks he has more value that he has and has no doubt let his mouth run away with him once took often.

Very plausible :)
  • LovesATangoLovesATango Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is James's problem? Envy, low-intelligence, and a total lack of class.

If Ola has any sense, she'll divorce him. He's just a millstone around her neck.
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jordans comments say more about him than those hes having a pop at.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People seem to be endlessly fascinated by what James has to say, Even when he is no longer participating on the show he seems to have as many threads devoted to him as when he did.

Result (for James) :D
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am no James fan and I am glad he has gone but found no problem with his twitter comments re Kevin or Karen he was complementary about the jive and gave right comments on the salsa
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    James and Ola vs The Grimsbys; in the words of Henry Kissinger 'It's a pity they both can't lose.'
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    He took a real whack at Karen last year on Twitter when she did the Samba with Dave.......called her out for eating a banana at the end of the dance whilst the judges were talking. Everything Karen & Kevin do, be it the alleged bullying, James's cryptic comments about certain people getting too big for their boots and letting a bit of publicity go to their heads. Plus his sniping at BTF which KFG and Karen dance in.

I think he just has a huge chip that these two are the 'new favourites', the golden couple of the moment
    . It still amazes me that beige comment he made on CBB because I don't think KFG is beige. The Cliftons are Ballroom royalty.

I agree with everything you said except this. How are Kevin and Karen favourites? Favourites by who? everyone I know finds them annoying and most of the general public who aren't on Facebook, Twitter etc wouldn't even know that they're a couple. I only found out a few weeks ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    I agree with everything you said except this. How are Kevin and Karen favourites? Favourites by who? everyone I know finds them annoying and most of the general public who aren't on Facebook, Twitter etc wouldn't even know that they're a couple. I only found out a few weeks ago.

I don't agree with anything you have said. I like both Kevin and Karen as they are brilliant dancers and if you look on the forums you will see that they are liked by many.

Surprised to read that you didn't know much what is going on in Strictly.
  • midflightmidflight Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    I have always strongly suspected that the whole thing dates back to before KFG was even on the show (proper), and stems from comments made by Karen (on the actual show itself, not ITT even!) regarding a certain, erm... somewhat infamous celebrity contestant, and their association with a well known piece of furniture. I happen to recall the incident in question particularly well, as her little jibe was made in response (or rather, in addition) to: my all-time favourite quote that anyone has ever said on the show! (sorry JJ & you-know-who, but you have to admit - that WAS rather witty & daring, even if Karen's feeble (and rash?) attempt at adding to the gag effectively kick-started the Strictly Civil War shenanigans we have all come to know & wince at to this day). Amen.

Hope that helps? :)

(Am I correct, JJ?)
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    midflight wrote: »
    I have always strongly suspected that the whole thing dates back to before KFG was even on the show (proper), and stems from comments made by Karen (on the actual show itself, not ITT even!) regarding a certain, erm... somewhat infamous celebrity contestant, and their association with a well known piece of furniture. I happen to recall the incident in question particularly well, as her little jibe was made in response (or rather, in addition) to: my all-time favourite quote that anyone has ever said on the show! (sorry JJ & you-know-who, but you have to admit - that WAS rather witty & daring, even if Karen's feeble (and rash?) attempt at adding to the gag effectively kick-started the Strictly Civil War shenanigans we have all come to know & wince at to this day). Amen.

Hope that helps? :)

(Am I correct, JJ?)

I'm sorry, I don't get at all what you're saying here.

As for JJ, he's not on the show with Ola any longer, while Kevin and Karen are.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JJ has been very upset on being axed by SCD and has had negative views on everything, he should just get over it.
  • mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His remarks say more about him than anything else. Nasty little man who has yet to realize that what he says carries no weight . He is an irrelevant person as far as SCD goes
  • Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love James, but even if I didnt, I'd wonder if he had unseen reasons for making as my negative comments. I mean we see what's on screen and what the tabloids say (usually exaggerated) but we don't and never will truly know what happens off screen be in on the strictly set or anywhere else. James may have good reasons for his dislike of KFG and Karen....

I've hated Karen since the start, but I loved little Kev, I did wonder how he could be with her (each to their own I suppose he must see something I don't and that's his heart and his choice).
    But this year I'm actually starting to see why others dislike him...

Frankly I'd ditch them both this year and reinstate James....
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Vientre wrote: »
    Jordans comments say more about him than those hes having a pop at.

Indeed he showed his true colours on CBB when he happily bullied a brain damaged man.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing to do with James' comments, he's just bitter because he's no longer part of the show, but I've never liked Karen. There's just something about her that I can't quite explain but I can't warm to her.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Who are we to question the Brad Pitt of the dance world?