Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 262)

Comments

• Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    BIB:So Alfie knows, but we don't? Sorry, I'm a bit behind. I wonder what body part they're gonna show next:eek::D

Not very good with dates, but I thought the Bushra spot was in July? But you probably want an exact date:o

No it looks like Kat tells Alfie that he doesn't know the guy she's having an affair with so still no one knows his identity :yawn:

Thanks re Bushra...just trying to think when we're likely to see her on screen again - and why!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon everyone. Hope everyone is having a nice day.

jenn123 wrote: »
    I would have put a lot of money on Mercs asking the question, since she reblogged it :p Also, Gabriel and Lyra seemed like likely culprits :cool:

Hmm.

I feel proud of this. I probably shouldn't but I do.
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB:So Alfie knows, but we don't? Sorry, I'm a bit behind. I wonder what body part they're gonna show next:eek::D

Not very good with dates, but I thought the Bushra spot was in July? But you probably want an exact date:o

bib - That's what I keep wondering too. Just before the final reveal we'll probably be treated to this :sleep:
  • Options
    KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon :)

Nitin was on BBC Asian Network this morning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b01m7t3w

He talks about all the Masoods hitting hard times, plus it sounds like Syed will be up to something dodgy soon.

Nitin comes on around 1:40 mins ,and talks about upcoming Masood stuff around 1:54 mins.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KBambi wrote: »

He talks about all the Masoods hitting hard times, and sounds like Syed will be up to something dodgy soon.

Nitin comes on around 1:40 mins ,and talks about upcoming Masood stuff around 1:54 mins.

Wonder if this is related to Christian being arrested?

I must say, if there's more to Chryed's storyline than potential cheating, it can only be a good thing. Sharon Marshall did say Gary Lucy's storyline was a good one, regardless of what she said about Kat's.. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone interested, Cora's long-lost sister has been cast (and it's definitely not Sharon! :p)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a403688/eastenders-coras-daughter-arrival-confirmed.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Wonder if this is related to Christian being arrested?

I must say, if there's more to Chryed's storyline than potential cheating, it can only be a good thing. Sharon Marshall did say Gary Lucy's storyline was a good one, regardless of what she said about Kat's.. :sleep:

Judging from what Nitin said, It does sound like this story will focus on Syed and what he was like when he first arrived on the Square.
    A lot of attention on him can indeed only be a good thing :) Looking forward to it all kicking off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging from what Nitin said, It does sound like this story will focus on Syed and what he was like when he first arrived on the Square.
    A lot of attention on him can indeed only be a good thing :) Looking forward to it all kicking off!

Backstory for Syed would be great..
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He talks about all the Masoods hitting hard times, plus it sounds like Syed will be up to something dodgy soon.

For anyone interested, Cora's long-lost sister has been cast (and it's definitely not Sharon! :p)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a403688/eastenders-coras-daughter-arrival-confirmed.html

Thanks for all this! :)

Rather Syed up to dodgy dealings than cheating!! Angsty times...me likes! :D

Glad it's not Sharon seeing as they already showed her biological mum on screen years ago! Hope she will be a good character as I think Cora is great!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks KBambi :)

It's so nice of EE to finally tell us something we'd already found for ourselves :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info KBambi. Looking forward to Ava being onscreen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for both of these :) Really liking the sound of the Syed stuff, although i think they have to be careful to remember that Syed is not the man he once was when he arrived.

I'm now even more optimistic that there won't be cheating. Perhaps we're being lulled into a false sense of security. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks for the Nitin link, will listen when I get home from work!

I hope they don't focus too much on that side of Syed tbh. I agree with Teapot that he's no longer the same person and I think it's important that TPTB remember this otherwise he'll end up going even more backwards as a character when he should be moving forwards. I also didn't like Syed at all back then so it worries me that I may end up going totally off Syed after this :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the Nitin link, will listen when I get home from work!

I hope they don't focus too much on that side of Syed tbh. I agree with Teapot that he's no longer the same person and I think it's important that TPTB remember this otherwise he'll end up going even more backwards as a character when he should be moving forwards. I also didn't like Syed at all back then so it worries me that I may end up going totally off Syed after this :o

Yeah, if he starts behaving like he did when he arrived I'm not going to be happy. Though the main thing I didn't like was the 'trying to be straight Syed'....however that side of him doesn't, thankfully, exist any more! I don't want them to go overboard with 'business Syed' either though, because he can be very frustrating! And I understand there is that part of him that wants to succeed, to make money, to make everyone proud....however they need to remember that he has also got things that fulfil him much more now; a fiancée who he loves with all his heart, a daughter he adores, a life free of lies, a family who know who he really is and accept him. So he is not the same person he was when he arrived, I hope tptb remember this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need to remember that Christian and Syed need their negative traits, otherwise they won't survive on EE for much longer. One of the reasons why characters such as Phil, Max and Kat get such a lot of screentime is because they're very screwed up characters. (Kim gets a lot of screentime because she's a 'comic character) I'd quite welcome a more dodgy Syed, as long as he remains 'essentially' a good man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bib - That's what I keep wondering too. Just before the final reveal we'll probably be treated to this :sleep:

Possibly, although I was thinking of ruder thoughts:o

Thanks
    Teapot2 wrote: »

Thanks for both of these :) Really liking the sound of the Syed stuff, although i think they have to be careful to remember that Syed is not the man he once was when he arrived.

I'm now even more optimistic that there won't be cheating. Perhaps we're being lulled into a false sense of security. :sleep:

I'm never optimistic with EE:(

I hope EE shows that he gets driven back to old habits due to pressure, desperation and a bit of manipulation (not too much cos he'll look like a fool again - I'm thinking of Amira and, 'oh, why don't you wear your wedding ring again'). I agree that I don't think it would be realistic that Syed would go back on everything he has striven for - e.g. freedom to be who he is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need to remember that Christian and Syed need their negative traits, otherwise they won't survive on EE for much longer. One of the reasons why characters such as Phil, Max and Kat get such a lot of screentime is because they're very screwed up characters. (Kim gets a lot of screentime because she's a 'comic character) I'd quite welcome a more dodgy Syed, as long as he remains 'essentially' a good man.

I don't mind flaws, in fact I love flaws.....I wouldn't love Chryed if they were perfect. However I don't want EE to forget the progression Syed's character has made, he has changed so much since he arrived, he is not perfect but he is not the same person who arrived on the square. That man was closeted, hated the fact he was gay, was desperate for his parents to accept him back into the family. Now he is happy with himself, happy with his sexuality, happy with his partner, his child, his family have accepted him for who he is. So I don't mind the business side of him being explored, and I want him to make mistakes and be flawed as that's what makes him interesting....but EE need to remember he is not the same man he was when he arrived.

Thanks

I'm never optimistic with EE:(

I hope EE shows that he gets driven back to old habits due to pressure, desperation and a bit of manipulation (not too much cos he'll look like a fool again - I'm thinking of Amira and, 'oh, why don't you wear your wedding ring again'). I agree that I don't think it would be realistic that Syed would go back on everything he has striven for - e.g. freedom to be who he is

Oh gosh, I had blocked that from my memory. Ack, ack, ack....that wedding ring stuff was hideous. Just awful, awful storylining....like nearly all of the rubbish of Amira's return.
  • Options
    shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all. Hope you are all fine today. :)

The new Syed spoiler appeses me somewhat. It sounds like he'll do something dodgy that maybe results in the rumoured arrest of Christian, who could take the blame for Syed or get the blame unaware of Syed's wrongdoings. Just leaves us all wondering how Danny comes between them. Maybe he sets Syed up to fail and commit a crime therefore 'getting between them' as the spoilers suggests without actually cheating. :cool: :confused:

I would like to see a Syed backstory. We dont know too much about what went on when he lived in Leeds. Makes me think that he does know Danny and maybe he is a one night stand. :confused:

I'll be on and off all afternoon as we are painting Lilys room for when she moves in there after her first birthday next month. Its been fun and its giving me something to think about and do other than sit around resting, thinking about the forthcoming birth of bump. :eek: Dan has started making fun of me now as i started waddling whilst walking over the weekend. :o Didnt waddle too much with Lily, probably only with a few weeks to go but ive started earlier with this one. My back gets sore first thing in the morning after ive lay in bed all night and apparantly that's another source of hilarity to him. :( Men eh? Cant live with em, cant live without them. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,599
    Forum Member

Thanks for the links KBambi :)

Sounds like Syed will be doing more dodgy things than cheating, although it depends how it plays out to be honest. We all know how desperate he gets when it comes to money, I wonder what they'll make him do this time :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh I don't have an issue with Syed having negative traits....I just don't find this business side of him particularly interesting or likeable. One of his negative traits is that he can be weak and just go along with what Christian wants....and while I find this one of his most frustrating traits, I am at least able to understand it and find it quite likeable. Same with Christian and his selfishness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The new Syed spoiler appeses me somewhat. It sounds like he'll do something dodgy that maybe results in the rumoured arrest of Christian, who could take the blame for Syed or get the blame unaware of Syed's wrongdoings. Just leaves us all wondering how Danny comes between them. Maybe he sets Syed up to fail and commit a crime therefore 'getting between them' as the spoilers suggests without actually cheating. :cool: :confused:

I would like to see a Syed backstory. We dont know too much about what went on when he lived in Leeds. Makes me think that he does know Danny and maybe he is a one night stand. :confused:

I'll be on and off all afternoon as we are painting Lilys room for when she moves in there after her first birthday next month. Its been fun and its giving me something to think about and do other than sit around resting, thinking about the forthcoming birth of bump. :eek: Dan has started making fun of me now as i started waddling whilst walking over the weekend. :o Didnt waddle too much with Lily, probably only with a few weeks to go but ive started earlier with this one. My back gets sore first thing in the morning after ive lay in bed all night and apparantly that's another source of hilarity to him. :( Men eh? Cant live with em, cant live without them. :rolleyes:

The original DS article on Danny said that he has a "lustful nature" so there will be sexual tension at some point along the way, they'd be no point in having Danny be a sexy gay man if this wasn't the case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll be on and off all afternoon as we are painting Lilys room for when she moves in there after her first birthday next month. Its been fun and its giving me something to think about and do other than sit around resting, thinking about the forthcoming birth of bump. :eek: Dan has started making fun of me now as i started waddling whilst walking over the weekend. :o Didnt waddle too much with Lily, probably only with a few weeks to go but ive started earlier with this one. My back gets sore first thing in the morning after ive lay in bed all night and apparantly that's another source of hilarity to him. :(Men eh? Cant live with em, cant live without them. :rolleyes:

BIB Not me! Can easily live without them!
    Maybe you should ask him to carry around a full backpack on his front and ask him how easy he finds it to walk around! Don't think he would be laughing then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original DS article on Danny said that he has a "lustful nature" so there will be sexual tension at some point along the way, they'd be no point in having Danny be a sexy gay man if this wasn't the case.

I'm guessing they're going to have Danny flirting with Syed....I'm cringing just at the thought of it! :sleep:
    And Syed, you give into temptation and I'm not going to be happy! But really, when you have sex god, lovely Christian as your fiancée, you really wouldn't/shouldn't be tempted by that Danny bloke! :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Better?

Remember it's pre watershed :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing they're going to have Danny flirting with Syed....I'm cringing just at the thought of it! :sleep:
    And Syed, you give into temptation and I'm not going to be happy! But really, when you have sex god, lovely Christian as your fiancée, you really wouldn't/shouldn't be tempted by that Danny bloke! :sleep:

Imagine if Danny says some kind of line like the "hot" line piper said to Christian :eek:

Or if we get a Syanny bed scene, that would piss me right off!!!!! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.