Miguel injures two fans at the Billboard Music Awards

trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
Forum Member
✭✭
http://news.sky.com/story/1093207/billboard-awards-miguel-kicks-fans-with-leap

A disaster! Miguel was performing 'Adorn', and partway through, decides to leap over fans on to a different part of the stage. Unfortunately, he fell short, booting one female fan in the face and landing on another's neck. So horrendous. :o

Video: http://deadspin.com/miguel-delivered-a-diving-leg-drop-to-two-fans-at-the-b-508802410

Comments

• johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    It's awful but hilarious at the same time :o:o

He was really trying to be cool and failed so miserably. You could see it in his facial expression that he knew he had messed up. I hope the girls are ok, but I'm sure this whole thing did more damage to him than it did to them :o:D And I love Miguel's music, but that was an epic fail.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible. I wonder if the producers knew he was going to do that or did he just do it on the spur of the moment? Usually with the awards shows they do rehearsals and the artists have to tell the producers everything they are going to do so there's not something appropriate aired on tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He tweeted later and said the girl he landed on is okay. I'm not sure about the one he kicked but I presume she's okay as well.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girl whose neck got erm.. hurt, is okay. Her arm looked quite bad in the picture I saw though. The girl who got kicked can be seen dropping to the floor in the video, but I presume she's alive (:o) and well.

The funniest bit is the big blonde who goes to help the downed girl but gives up when she realises Miguel is singing right next to her!!1!1! and starts mugging at the camera. :D

I think Miguel will be sued for this.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who the heck is Miguel?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Terrible. I wonder if the producers knew he was going to do that or did he just do it on the spur of the moment? Usually with the awards shows they do rehearsals and the artists have to tell the producers everything they are going to do so there's not something appropriate aired on tv.
    I think he tweeted that he was caught in the moment :o:D Besides, I doubt the producers would let him do this, so it was probably spontaneous :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Who the heck is Miguel?

R&B singer, Mariah duets with him on her new lead single. 'Adorn' was a massive urban radio hit last year/this year.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDl8DNfxU8

What a total d*ck. :eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find it amusing at all, he could have broken that girl's neck.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like something you'd witness during a metal gig. :p
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    The girl whose neck got erm.. hurt, is okay. Her arm looked quite bad in the picture I saw though. The girl who got kicked can be seen dropping to the floor in the video, but I presume she's alive (:o) and well.

The funniest bit is the big blonde who goes to help the downed girl but gives up when she realises Miguel is singing right next to her!!1!1! and starts mugging at the camera. :D

I think Miguel will be sued for this.

Don';t forget the big useless lump at the other side who watches the girl slump to the floor....and keeps on doing his dad dancing. A chocolate fireguard that one. I agree with him getting sued, i would imagine these 2 girls would have already received lots of cold calls from those awful no win no fee companies.:eek: Miguel (whoever he is?) will settle out of court, I'm sure. Who would want to witness that video again in a court of law??

'After the operation I got a cheque for 6,000 pounds' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Wauw. How embarrassing. :/
    He must've felt so bad, poor girls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    This is so damn funny. What the hell was he thinking In his man heesl LOL. I'm glad the girls are okay
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed my ass off for a good five minutes. As soon as it happened, someone else watching called me and I could even say hello because I was laughing too hard. We were laughing on the phone for a good while. Funniest shit I've seen in a long time. Then I looked on twitter and it was full of Mexican jumping jokes and WWE. Shame. Poor Miguel. If his pants weren't so tight maybe he would have cleared it.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Don';t forget the big useless lump at the other side who watches the girl slump to the floor....and keeps on doing his dad dancing. A chocolate fireguard that one. I agree with him getting sued, i would imagine these 2 girls would have already received lots of cold calls from those awful no win no fee companies.:eek: Miguel (whoever he is?) will settle out of court, I'm sure. Who would want to witness that video again in a court of law??

'After the operation I got a cheque for 6,000 pounds' :D

I was at an award show when a lesser known RnB artist landed on my head! I strained my neck and found it very difficult to turn it. Luckily the national accident helpline helped me on a no win no fee basis. I got a check for £500 and I was very pleased. :) The RnB artist has been arrested and coincidently I no longer feel any pain.
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love how he boots 2 gorgeous brunettes in the face and then hugs a blonde fatty.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    I laughed my ass off for a good five minutes. As soon as it happened, someone else watching called me and I could even say hello because I was laughing too hard. We were laughing on the phone for a good while. Funniest shit I've seen in a long time. Then I looked on twitter and it was full of Mexican jumping jokes and WWE. Shame. Poor Miguel. If his pants weren't so tight maybe he would have cleared it.

The fact he continued to sing was a joke in itself! The jokes about him on Twitter (making his wrestling debut :D signing for WWE :D) were hilarious.

Adorn was quite a big song and his album did quite well over there. My claim would be in his inbox as soon as I'd recovered. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact he continued to sing was a joke in itself! The jokes about him on Twitter (making his wrestling debut :D signing for WWE :D) were hilarious.

Adorn was quite a big song and his album did quite well over there. My claim would be in his inbox as soon as I'd recovered. ;)

Imagine how awkward it would have been if he stopped, though. He tried to apologize and keep singing, but he didnt realize he hugged the wrong girl lol. I have a feeling they had no plans to go to commercial after that, but it was absolutely necessary. :D