Options

Help for Heroes reject EDL money

BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
Forum Member
✭✭
Help For Heroes will not accept donations from English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson, it has been claimed.

The military charity told Channel 4 News it had asked JustGiving to remove the online sponsorship form of Robinson, who planned to walk from Westminster to Woolwich in memory of murdered soldier Lee Rigby.

JustGiving is understood to be closing the page and returning the money to anyone who has donated so far.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/27/woolwich-attack-help-for-heroes-rejects-donations-from-edl-leader-3810479/
Krishnan Guru-Murthy
‏@krishgm

Mr Robinson planned a walk raising money for @helpforheroes but they tell us they do not wish to be used for political purpose #c4news at 7

Well done to them, correct move.

Comments

• Options
    warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    warlord wrote: »
    Prejudice and bigotry

Indeed.

I knew you'd come round and agree with vast majority of the British people about the EDL sooner or later.
  • Options
    Mick_SwaggerMick_Swagger Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I'll have it.
  • Options
    regbobsalregbobsal Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »

Would they take a donation from choudry i wonder?.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a principled stand. HTH clearly want to distance themselves from the EDL who have hijacked a soldier's death for highly dubious political purposes.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member

I second that. Just as the police were trying to investigate the dreadful Woolwich murder, the EDL fascist thugs decided to hold a march in London that required the diversion of hundreds of police officers in order to prevent public disorder. That was a completely irresponsible and deeply unpatriotic thing to do on the part of the EDL scum.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent move from HFH IMO. The more organisations who distance themselves from these scumbags the better.
  • Options
    jaceylaceyjaceylacey Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet there won't be any Muslims doing a hope for heroe's march....we all know who their heroes are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I second that. Just as the police were trying to investigate the dreadful Woolwich murder, the EDL fascist thugs decided to hold a march in London that required the diversion of hundreds of police officers in order to prevent public disorder. That was a completely irresponsible and deeply unpatriotic thing to do on the part of the EDL scum.

I thought you had to notify the police if you wanted to hold a demonstration.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent move from HFH IMO. The more organisations who distance themselves from these scumbags the better.

Which ones are the "scum bags"?.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    regbobsal wrote: »
    I thought you had to notify the police if you wanted to hold a demonstration.

Indeed you do (at least for a formal 'march'). That was more of an impromptu gathering/piss-up/ruck with coppers, that was organised online.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one seems to want anything to do with this mob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    Indeed you do (at least for a formal 'march'). That was more of an impromptu gathering/piss-up/ruck with coppers, that was organised online.

Yep, most probably.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaceylacey wrote: »
    I bet there won't be any Muslims doing a hope for heroe's march....we all know who their heroes are.

If you want to be in this country the least you could do is learn the language.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jol44 wrote: »
    No one seems to want anything to do with this mob.

Mob culture in general.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again the EDL show their complete and utter stupidity. There are currently around 600 serving Muslims un the British Armed Forces. Why would a charity who supports all Armed Forces accept money from an "organisation" who's sole purpose is to encourage or undertake violence against the very people Help for Heroes were set up to support. They barely have a single brain cell between them.
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Royal British Legion also rejected BNP support, but yet accepted money from Tony Blair on whose actions killed more British soldier than all of the far right groups put together.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/tony-blair/7957442/Royal-British-Legion-says-Tony-Blairs-donation-left-them-in-a-no-win-situation.html
  • Options
    twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let he without sin donate the first £1
  • Options
    jaceylaceyjaceylacey Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    regbobsal wrote: »
    Which ones are the "scum bags"?.

I would say the two that murdered poor Lee Rigby.
  • Options
    wychwych Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, we'll done to them.
    I wonder if there'll be a donation to HfH from the Muslim council of Great Britain sometime soon.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,882
    Forum Member
    jaceylacey wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Many muslim soldiers fought alongside Briish troops in both world wars and probably other wars too while Britain ruled places like India, did you know that?

Also Pakistan has had at least 7 THOUSAND, 5 HUNDRED soldiers killed by terrorists since 9/11.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see this is what puzzles and bothers me slightly.

No one's questioning whether Christian, Jewish, Sikh etc organisations have donated. Why is there an emphasis on whether the British Muslim Council do so? Why should they be singled out and put under the spotlight?

I expect plenty of Muslims have donated money to HTH privately. They shouldn't feel under any obligation to do so publicly.

Ordinary Muslims shouldn't even have to publicly denounce acts of terror in the name of Islam really (but they do) - they are as blameless as you and I.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »

Many muslim soldiers fought alongside Briish troops in both world wars and probably other wars too while Britain ruled places like India, did you know that?

Also Pakistan has had at least 7 THOUSAND, 5 HUNDRED soldiers killed by terrorists since 9/11.

Muslim kill Muslims???
  • Options
    BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »

Many British troops fought and died in Burma to protect India, and many Muslims, from an Empire that would have shown the Indian people how truly vile, uncaring, plundering, intolerant and cruel an Empire can be. Believe it or not this Japanese Empire had fighting for it a large Indian army with Muslims in it.