Options

Ideas for lunch

KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need some ideas for making a decent lunch at work. The canteen at work is very hit and miss. I'm sick of ham sandwiches. I'd throw stuffing in the odd time and that's about as adventurous as I have went, but I'm going to try and change that.

I was thinking of trying steak ciabatta with peppers, onion, jalapenos and melted cheese. Any idea on a sauce to go with that?

I was also thinking of trying a chicken ciabatta. Any ideas on what I should add to this?

Any other great recipes for making a decent lunch? Tbh its all about effort and half the time I couldn't be bothered, but I'm going to try and change that.

I'm honestly sitting here and struggling to think of anything decent. You have sandwiches (reliable if anything), ciabatta's, baguettes, pasta dishes and soup in a flask. Am I missing something? :D

Comments

• Options
    maggie thecatmaggie thecat Posts: 2,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything between two pieces of bread is a sandwich, so if you really want different then think outside that box.

For hand holdable and still portable how about a classic pork pie or one of its variations? Or go international and do empanadas or Jamaican patties or samosas.

Or do a salad, there's thousands of combinations.

Or fried chicken.

Or sushi.

If you've got a cold pack and a thermos, or a microwave, just about anything is doable.