DS The Strictly Dancefloor - The Final

footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,206
Forum Member
Hello and Welcome to the grand final of Dancefloor

Last time out we lost Jack and Nicole, so we now have our three finalists who are about to take on three dances each. They will perform the ballroom routine they have not done, the same for the latin and finally of course the showdance.ine They will be marked by our judges, Niall and Callum are here, along with our special guest judge, Miss Josephine Public. Their marks will be out of a total of 30 per dance, added together over three rounds and then the lines will open for voting and will remain open until 7pm tonight when they will freeze. At thaat point the couple wilth the least amount of public votes will be classified as finishing third. The lines will then re-open and stay open till 8pm, when they will close for the final time and the winner will be announced.

Let's get the competition underway and opening with a Quickstep to The night they invented champagne by Seth McFarlane please welcome Ross and Camilla to the floor

Comments

• footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,206
    Forum Member
    Callum 10
    Josephine Public 10
    Niall 9

Comment Niall - I really enjoyed this, a funny and entertaining song that really fit the Quickstep well

That gives Ross and Camilla a score of 29

Dancing their Foxtrot to White Christmas by Lady Ga Ga please welcome Amy and Brendan to the floor
    Forum Member
    Callum 9
    Josephine Public 9
    Niall 8

That gives Amy and Brendan a score of 26

Dancing their Quickstep to Lightning Bolt by Jake Bugg please welcome Topaz and Matthew to the floor
    Forum Member
    Callum 9
    Josephine Public 9
    Niall 9

That gives Topaz and Matthew a score of 27

So let us see how they did with the ballroom round
    Forum Member
    So let us see how they did with the ballroom round

1. Ross and Camilla 29
    2. Topaz and Matthew 27
    3. Amy and Brendan 26

Of course that could all change, and now to the latin round and returning to the floor with a jive to My Sharona by The Knack please welcome Topaz and Matthew
    Forum Member
    Callum 10
    Josephine Public 9
    Niall 10

Comment Niall - I thought this was amazing, a really great fit for the jive but also allowed you to give a unique take on it. My first 10, well done

That gives Topaz and Matthew a score of 29 for the jive and a running total of 56

Performing their salsa to Vaya Con Dios - Na Neh Nah please welcome back to the floor Ross and Camilla
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Joesephine Public <3
    Forum Member
    Callum 8
    Josephine Public 8
    Niall 8

That gives Ross and Camilla a score of 24 and a running total of 53

Returning to the floor with a Samba to Yalla" by Arash please welcome Amy and Brendan
    Forum Member
    Callum 10
    Josephine Public 10
    Niall 9

Comment Niall - This was definitely a different type of song to what I'm used to hearing for a samba, but I actually think you really made it work!

That gives Amy and Brendan a score of 29 for the samba and a running total of 55
    Forum Member
    So let us see how that has affected the leaderboard

1. Topaz and Matthew 56
    2. Amy and Brendan 55
    3. Ross and Camilla 53

So now to the final round of dances, the showdances and this is the last chance of our contestants to secure your votes

Dancing their Showdance to I'm so excited by the Pointer Sisters please welcome back to the floor Amy and Brendan
    Forum Member
    Callum 10
    Josephine Public 10
    Niall 10

Comment Niall -This dance was full of energy, and allowed you to give a really fun and enjoyable dance, whilst show off all the technique you've learned as well. A brilliant last dance, well done!

That gives Amy and Brendan a score of 30 and a overall total of 85

With their showdance to Edge of Glory by Lady Ga Ga please welcome back to the floor Topaz and Matthew
    Forum Member
    Callum 10
    Josephine Public 10
    Niall 10

Comment Niall - I love this song and I think it's a brilliant choice for a showdance. The many tempo changes allow you to show all the different types of dances you've learnt so I think in that respect it was a really clever choice for a showdance and you definitely deserve a 10 from me, well done

That gives Topaz and Matthew a score of 30 for the showdance and they have a grand total of 86

And with the final showdance to Popular by Eric Saade please welcome to the floor Ross and Camilla
    Forum Member
    Callum 10
    Josephine Public 10
    Niall 10

Comment Niall - This song felt perfect for a showdance, I can imagine it being a visually impressive dance that is great to watch, whilst pushing you to your boundaries in terms of technique. A great dance to end your journey, well done!

So that gives Ross and Camilla a score of 30 for the showdance and an overall total of 83
    Forum Member
    So with all of the dances completed let's see what that has done to the judges leaderboard

1. Topaz and Matthew 86
    2. Amy and Brendan 85
    3. Ross and Camilla 83

Well it is very closed, but now you will make the final decision on who you think should win.

THE LINES ARE NOW OPEN

Please PM me your votes, it is 3 for your favourite through to one for your least favourite. The lines will remain open until 7pm when they will freeze and the couple who have finished thrid will be announced. The lines will then re-open for you to decide between the final two couples. At 8pm tonight we will have a winner of dancefloor

Good luck to all of our couples

Get voting
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great final - well done Ross and Amy - some good choices there. Fantastic competitors. Good luck to you both :)
    Forum Member
    OK That is it

THE LINES HAVE FROZEN

You have cast your votes, and shortly I will reveal which couple has finished third.

Ross and Camilla
    Topaz and Matthew
    Amy and Brendan

I can now reveal that the couple who have finished third in this series of dancefloor are....
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck Topaz and Ross :) only 3 marks separating the 3 of us - think it's gonna be close.
    Forum Member
    It is

Ross and Camilla :(:(:(

Ross and Camilla, commiserations is the wrong word because you have done brilliantly to finish top three here. Thankyou so much for taking part and you should be so proud of yourselves

So that leaves Amy and Brendan and Topaz and Matthew

The lines will now re-open for your to decide who you think should win. All votes cast preveiously in the final will be rolled over and count towards the final result.

If you wish to vote again then that is fine. It is 2 for your favourite and 1 for least favouritee

The lines will remain open till 8pm when I will be back to reveal the winners of dancefloor

Good luck to our remaining couples

And in the meantime I will leave you with Ross and Camilla as they take their final dance

See you at 8pm
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad luck Ross :( Topaz, it's on! :D
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad luck Ross :( Topaz, it's on! :D

Sorry Ross :( but you were such a great sport and a worthy finalist.

Heh heh - Good luck Amy - may the best person win :p:)
    Forum Member
    OK That is it. You can do no more

THE LINES HAVE CLOSED FOR THE LAST TIME

We already know that Ross and Camilla have finished third, and have the bronze medal, and that it was now between Amy and Brendan and Topaz and Matthew.

The votes have been counted and I can now reveal the final result...

Amy and Brendan

Topaz and Matthew

The winner of dancefloor is...
    Forum Member
    BOTH OF YOU

Amy and Brendan and Topaz and Matthew - congratulations you have tied for first place
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    BOTH OF YOU

Amy and Brendan and Topaz and Matthew - congratulations you have tied for first place

:eek:
    Forum Member
    Many congratulations to both of you. You will share the dancefloor title.

OK This is the time that so many enjoy. Amy and Brendan, Topaz and Matthew I will let you get your breath back

Firstly the duo who finished third, Ross and Camilla, congratulations to you - hands over a bottle of champagne and a bouquet of flowers.

And now to our joint winners Amy and Brendan and Topaz and Matthew - here you go guys - hands over the trophy two both couples

Amy and Brendan, Topaz and Matthew - many congratulations, you have been a delight to have in the competition, anything you would like to say...
    Forum Member
    Lol...
    Forum Member
    Great end to a brilliant series! Well done everyone x