Options

Flybe Bag Check In

KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello I paid to be allowed to carry 15kgs on flight to Birmingham. Are there restrictions on bag size? I see restrictions on hold luggage, but not sure if that's what I paid for? :S

My bag is 60cm , depth of 22.5cm and width of 39cm.

My bag weighs under 3kg. I know you can drop a bag in not as hold luggage. Will my bag be ok?

Hold luggage can be up to 56cm. So I have to drop mine in, will I be fine?

Comments

• Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks as though you're on the "just Fly" tariff, and have paid for a hold luggage allowance of 15Kg. There's no limit on the size of hold luggage with Flybe, though there is with Stobart Air (whoever they are). However, even then it's a large 53 * 55 * 127.

Your bag is too big for cabin luggage; the limits are 55 * 40 * 23, and the weight limit is 10Kg.

I'm afraid I'm not clear on what your last two questions are? Would you care to expand?
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are two types of baggage for flights: cabin baggage and hold/checked baggage.

Cabin baggage is anything you take into the plane yourself. It doesn't need to be checked in but it does need to go through security scanners, and staff will look at it to judge if it's small and light enough. Sometimes flights will force you to put oversized cabin baggage in the hold. Most airlines allow a small handbag or laptop bag on top of this.

Hold baggage is anything that you check in which is loaded into the hold of the plane by staff, that you collect later. It is often paid for on top of the basic flight fee. It does need to be checked in, and they scan it before putting it on the plane. You can pay beforehand, and it's used for baggage to large and/or heavy for the cabin.

I have no idea what you mean by 'drop a bag in not as hold luggage'. There's normally two types of baggage, as described above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    It looks as though you're on the "just Fly" tariff, and have paid for a hold luggage allowance of 15Kg. There's no limit on the size of hold luggage with Flybe, though there is with Stobart Air (whoever they are). However, even then it's a large 53 * 55 * 127.

Your bag is too big for cabin luggage; the limits are 55 * 40 * 23, and the weight limit is 10Kg.

I'm afraid I'm not clear on what your last two questions are? Would you care to expand?

So I would have to drop that bag and pay extra? I paid for 15kg but the max allowed is 10kg?
  • Options
    AVTECHAVTECH Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have paid for 15Kg in a bag of (almost)* any size to be checked in as luggage to be loaded into hold of the aircraft.

You also have a FURTHER 10Kg in a restricted size bag (see above) which YOU carry YOURSELF onto the plane and put in the overhead locker. This one is part of your ticket, no additional charge.

* something the size of a surfboard or a double bass needs to be treated slightly different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much AVTech. I've never flown before (I'm a newb) but I've got it sorted. Turns out I didn't need to pay afterall but ah well. Learner mistake. Thanks very much for your reply it has helped a lot.