Renegotiating T Mobile contract

countyboycountyboy Posts: 1,486
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi - My 2 year contract ends later this month. I am prepared to give EE the chance to retain me, but need to know whether there is any advantage in going into my local shop to get a new deal, or do it on the phone with customer services (I have always phoned them in the past).
Phone or shop?...any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    countyboy wrote: »
    Hi - My 2 year contract ends later this month. I am prepared to give EE the chance to retain me, but need to know whether there is any advantage in going into my local shop to get a new deal, or do it on the phone with customer services (I have always phoned them in the past).
    Phone or shop?...any thoughts much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Over the phone always...... ask for your pac number or give 30 days notice, they will try to win you there and then but hold out and you will receive a call from their outbound retentions team, they have a lot more at their disposal than the standard "thinking of leaving us" option.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck, I requested my PAC, they offered some fairly poor retention deals and never called back before the 30 days were up...just before I left I called again to see if they wanted to offer anything better but they didn't.

I went to Three instead.