Options

Strictly: Bring On The Ballroom

doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello and welcome to my all new series, 'Strictly: Bring On The Ballroom'.

I have an exciting new cast of 14 amazing celebrities ready to Quickstep, Charleston or Viennese Waltz their way to lifting the Strictly glitter ball trophy.

The panel, Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli will be there to critique the couples on their dancing and performing skills and as always, they shall mark each and every dance out of 10.

Each week, I shall combine the leaderboard along with your votes at home to decide who stays and who goes.

However, usually the couples on Strictly will get the chance to dance twice before the voting starts but this time, they will only get ONE chance as right from the first week, you shall be voting.

So, I think we only have one more thing to do, that's to reveal our contestants.

I hope you're all strapped in because this is going to be a fun journey.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's time to meet our first three contestants:

First up is Comedian Hugh Dennis, Hugh is most famously known for portraying the character of Dad, Pete in the hit BBC series 'Outnumbered' for a whole 7 years. As well as that, the 52 year old has appeared in many famous series such as 'My Hero', 'Mock The Week' and 'Not Going Out' but will his routines be as entertaining as he usually is on our screens?

Next up is TV Presenter Angela Rippon who has been on our screens for nearly 40 years. For years she has presented some of our favourite shows and always provides a smile and a flurry of enjoyment. We hope she will bring out all the stops to give us a magical performance.

The last out of this bunch is Chef Jamie Oliver who is one of the most famous people to grace our dance floor. Jamie might be able to cook up a tasty treat but will he create an amazing performance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now it's time to meet our next 4 contestants.

Contestant number 4 is Singer Ellie Goulding, 27 year old Ellie has sang some of the best known songs over the past few years ranging from 'Your Song' to 'Anything Could Happen' to 'How Long Will I Love You' but just how long will the judges and public love her?

Next up is Author Michael Morpurgo who is the oldest celebrity in this years cast. Michael has written a vast variety of children's books that have filled bookshelf after bookshelf. Some of his best known work include 'War Horse' and 'Private Peaceful' but will his creativity and aim for imagination whisk him to the final?

Our third female cast member is Actress Lorna Laidlaw who is best known for playing Mrs Tembe in the hit BBC soap opera 'Doctors', she is also well known for presenting CBeebies series 'Tikkabilla' for nearly 5 years. Will she get the children's votes?

The last of this list is World Superbike Racer Carl Fogarty who is renowned for his fast yet amazing cycling skills which have lead to him achieving some sensational titles. Not only this but he is the latest King Of The Jungle in 'I'm A Celebrity...' but will his dances cause a rumble in the jungle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's move onto our penultimate bunch of celebrities.

Contestant number 8 is Gymnast Nadia Comenci who has won many medals at championships and olympic games across the world. Since then, she has been head judge on BBC series 'Tumble' in which she sat alongside former Strictly winner, Louis Smith. Will she use some of her gymnastic skills in her dancing?

Next up is 'The Wanted' Member Max George who have created some amazing hit singles in the last couple of years. As well as that, he's also landed himself a role in the hit American series 'Glee', this will be his first acting role but will he get some acting training beforehand?

The last in this section is Britain's Got Talent Winner and Dog Trainer Ashleigh Butler, Ashleigh is our youngest cast member being just 19 years old and was made famous in 2012 when along with her pup Pudsey, she won the ITV show. She's also been around the world showing her talent but will she also be talented at dancing too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now onto our final batch of celebrities.

Celebrity 11 triumphed the 2012 Olympics with his fantastic skills of speed, it's Mo Farah, Mo has created some of the best times in races over the track over the past 6 years but will he sprint his way to the final?

Our penultimate female celebrity is Actress Sarah Hadland, Sarah is a much loved British actress who is most famous for playing the character of Stevie in the hit series 'Miranda', with Comedy being her preferred genre, will she create laughs and smiles when she hits the dancefloor?

The final male celebrity is Actor Tommy Knight who over the past few years has had some very famous roles in series such as 'Waterloo Road' and 'The Sarah Jane Adventures', will he be able to save himself from the likes of our very own alien, Craig Revel Horwood?

And last but not least is Corrie star Alison King who for 8 years has played the much loved character 'Carla Connor'. Alison has tackled her character through many heartbreaking scenes ranging from the likes of rape to miscarriage and is hoping that her amazing performing skills might win her some points with the viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So here we have it, our cast everyone

Michael Morpurgo, 71, Author
    Angela Rippon, 70, TV Presenter
    Nadia Comenci, 53, Gymnast
    Hugh Dennis, 52, Comedian
    Lorna Laidlaw, 51, Actress
    Carl Fogarty, 49, World Superbike Racer
    Sarah Hadland, 43, Actress
    Alison King, 41, Corrie Star
    Jamie Oliver, 39, Chef
    Mo Farah, 31, Gold Medal Winning Runner
    Ellie Goulding, 27, Singer
    Max George, 26, The Wanted Member
    Tommy Knight, 21, Actor
    Ashleigh Butler, 19, BGT Winner & Dog Trainer

So who is everyone looking forward to?

Join me in my launch show later this evening but in the meantime please give advice on my cast.

• Options
    I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be supporting Sarah, Alison, Max and Tommy. :)
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Max. :D
  • Options
    daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie and Alison for the win
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome to the Strictly: Bring On The Ballroom Launch Show.

Tonight, we'll pair up all 14 of our celebs with one of our fantastic professional dancers, we'll have a cheeky chat with our judges and see just what's in store in Week 1.

So in our cast we have actors, actresses, TV presenters, Comedians and much more but if we didn't have our professionals, we wouldn't have a couple.

So before we pair them up, here are our professionals performing an amazing dance to a brilliant song from the film 'The Lion King'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSKkKrUzUk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now it's time to bring out our first 4 contestants to match them up on a date to the ballroom, it's Lorna Laidlaw, Ellie Goulding, Angela Rippon and Sarah Hadland

Lorna, you're used to creating some drama in a hospital but will you break or recover Craig's broken heart with Anton Du Beke

Ellie, will you be making some sweet music or will it be a one hit wonder with Tristan MacManus

Angela, you've presented everything from Top Gear to The News but will you be hitting the headlines with Robin Windsor

Sarah, we know you can work fantastically with a partner but how will you cope with Kevin Clifton

So we already have four of our lucky ladies paired up and next up will be some of our gents.

However in the meantime with a special performance of Underneath The Tree, please welcome Kelly Clarkson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM2Fnp_qnE8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so now it's time to pair up some of our gents, please welcome to the dancefloor Carl Fogarty, Max George, Hugh Dennis and Mo Farah

Carl, we've seen the race against talented cyclists and face against Jimmy Bullard but how will you fair with Aliona Vilani

Max, you've had many hits with your band but how many votes will be wanted when you're paired with Karen Hauer

Hugh, you've provided so much entertainment for many years on our screens but just how entertaining will you be with Janette Manrara

Mo, will you get to the end of this race or will you fall at the first hurdle with Kristina Rihanoff

Okay so that's half of our line up already paired up, now time for some more female pairings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please welcome our final three females Nadia Comenci, Alison King and Ashleigh Butler

Nadia, will you receive gold, silver, bronze or a 1 from Craig with Aljaz Skorjanec

Alison, we've seen all your usual partners be murdered, arrested or go insane but how will your partner this time cope, it's Pasha Kovalev

Ashleigh, unfortunately this time your partner isn't Pudsey, it's Brendan Cole

Here's our special guest Kelly Clarkson again with her hit favourite Since U Been Gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7UrFYvl5TE

And finally, it's our last three males
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please welcome our last three contestants Michael Morpurgo, Tommy Knight and Jamie Oliver

Michael, how many fascinating stories will be told with your partner Natalie Lowe

Tommy, you've wowed audiences with your amazing dramatic talent but will you wow our judges with Joanne Clifton

Jamie, will your dances just be as truly wonderful as your food with Ola Jordan

So there we have it our 14 couples

Alison King & Pasha Kovalev
    Angela Rippon & Robin Windsor
    Ashleigh Butler & Brendan Cole
    Carl Fogarty & Aliona Vilani
    Ellie Goulding & Tristan MacManus
    Hugh Dennis & Janette Manrara
    Jamie Oliver & Ola Jordan
    Lorna Laidlaw & Anton Du Beke
    Max George & Karen Hauer
    Michael Morpurgo & Natalie Lowe
    Mo Farah & Kristina Rihanoff
    Nadia Comenci & Aljaz Skorjanec
    Sarah Hadland & Kevin Clifton
    Tommy Knight & Joanne Clifton

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's time to have a word with our judges.

Which couples are you most looking forward to seeing?

Len: It'll be nice to see Anton have a partner who isn't collecting their pension! But in all seriousness, I'm looking forward to seeing what Ashleigh & Brendan can come up with because they are both brilliant at choreography.

Who do you think could be the dark horse in the competition?

Darcey: I think a dark horse could be either Mo Farah or Sarah Hadland, I think they'll both put their heads down and concentrate in their training to create a fantastic routine.

Do you think this could be one of the best years we've had in terms of contestants?

Craig: It's not about them being an A* celebrity though darling, if they're a fantastic dancer and famous for being on Benefits Street then so be it.

Could any of these contestants give Caroline Flack a run for her money?

Bruno: Oh yes! They already seem to be enjoying and wiggling those hips when introduced to their partner. I am peeing with excitement!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now in Week One, our couples shall either be dancing a Cha Cha, Waltz, Jive or Foxtrot and it's time to find out who'll be dancing what (using randomnumber.org).

CHA CHA

Alison & Pasha
    Ashleigh & Brendan
    Hugh & Janette
    Tommy & Joanne

FOXTROT

Jamie & Ola
    Michael & Natalie
    Sarah & Kevin

JIVE

Ellie & Tristan
    Mo & Kristina
    Nadia & Aljaz

WALTZ

Angela & Robin
    Carl & Aliona
    Lorna & Anton
    Max & Karen

So there we have it, now it's time for all of our couples to go into training.

But before they do, with one more song and all our couples & judges dancing, it's Kelly Clarkson with Stronger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I

And Remember

Keeeeppppp Dancing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be supporting Sarah, Alison, Max and Tommy. :)

Are you happy with their pairings?
    Team Max. :D

Two people who've been with Michelle Keegan now with Karen Hauer!
    Ellie and Alison for the win

Hope you like who they've been paired with :)
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really like the cast. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »
    Really like the cast. :)

Thank you! Who's your favourites?
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you! Who's your favourites?

Ashleigh and Nadia. :D
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    I'm going to single-handedly vote Lorna and Anton through to the final. :D Also interested in Ashleigh and Brendan; she's young and relatively fit, she can definitely remember choreography, and she's used to performance nerves, but she's such an unusual competitor she'll be a complete surprise, good or bad. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »
    Ashleigh and Nadia. :D

Quite surprised to see a vote for Nadia!
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    I'm going to single-handedly vote Lorna and Anton through to the final. :D Also interested in Ashleigh and Brendan; she's young and relatively fit, she can definitely remember choreography, and she's used to performance nerves, but she's such an unusual competitor she'll be a complete surprise, good or bad. :D

Must say Lorna & Anton are one of my favourite couples already, even if I am being bias
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Team Ellie! :D

Good luck with the series! ;)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Nadia to win life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the support everyone :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The artists for week one are as follows:

CHA CHA CHA

Beyonce
    Bruno Mars
    Kool & The Gang
    Robin Thicke (feat T.I & Pharrell Williams)

FOXTROT

Michael Buble
    Nat King Cole
    Stevie Wonder

JIVE

5 Seconds Of Summer
    Elton John
    Olly Murs

WALTZ

Bryan Adams
    Curtis Stigers
    Idina Menzel