The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do prefer Richard to Matthew Wright to be honest, rarely watch the full show when Matthew is on.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I completely agree. As time goes on with Richard on TWS and Matthew in the jungle I am liking Richard more and Matthew less and less by the day. I'm secretly hoping Richard gets the job full time and Ch5 tell Matthew and his bile to sod off. I realise this is fantasy but hey ho.

Couldn't agree more with this post, absolutely love Richard doing this show. He is good on his own, without Judy there to rein him in. :)
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    I'm aware he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I've really enjoyed having Richard as host, including all his me me me stories about his idyllic Cornwall getaway. :) :cool:

Much rather him than grizzled old smarmy Matthew. As Steve Allen said on LBC when it was rumoured he was going to the Jungle, "He does smarm very well". :p
    I think his experience as a live tv presenter of many years shows. That's what makes him an excellent replacement for Matthew. And he seems open and relaxed to all opinions.

When time is up, he moves the show along and away from callers and panellists without being snappy with them - like Matthew is.
    He allows people to state their opinion - even if he disagrees with it - and doesn't shout them down or try to belittle them and then cut them off tetchily if they won't change their mind to agree with him - like Matthew does.

He's making Matthew look more and more peevish as the days go on.
    I completely agree. As time goes on with Richard on TWS and Matthew in the jungle I am liking Richard more and Matthew less and less by the day. I'm secretly hoping Richard gets the job full time and Ch5 tell Matthew and his bile to sod off. I realise this is fantasy but hey ho.
    China Girl wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more with this post, absolutely love Richard doing this show. He is good on his own, without Judy there to rein him in. :)

Completely agree with all of the above. I'm going to really miss Richard, he's a good and experienced 'live' presenter, very natural, warm and relaxed. It's a real shame he's not on TV more and I certainly wouldn't be at all upset if Matthew were to 'move onto other things' and the show was revamped with Richard at the helm. I think even his detractors will miss him when Matthews returns with his shouty, rude and impatient ways.
  • lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love the xmas decorations in the studio:)
    yeah, matthew is still in the jungle:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    maybe c5 could give him a show straight after the wright stuff, like the one feltz did for channel 5.
  • merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've only just tuned in. where's the third guest?
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've only just tuned in. where's the third guest?

Stacey Solomon's stuck in traffic!

No Chloe anecdotes from Richard on the drink/driving topic?

I'm not keen on this new DS layout..
  • merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's arrived now. never seen just an empty chair before.
  • extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Stacey Solomon's stuck in traffic!

No Chloe anecdotes from Richard on the drink/driving topic?

I'm not keen on this new DS layout..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1209303/Chloe-Madeley-wheel-week-drink-driving-arrest.html I hadn't realised that, probably won't be mentioned.

As to the new layout, it's taking a bit to get used too but quite a few of the pages don't seem to fit.
  • extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    agree with Amy from Gloucestershire (caller to the show), many years ago I phoned the Police to inform them of a drunk man falling out of a pub, getting into his car and driving off, gave them the car details/ reg/ location etc and they said they didn't have the resources to deal with it.
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member

Would the show would have to be renamed "The Stuff?":D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god, he's recycling the stories now.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god, he's recycling the stories now.

And jokes. "We did a show on a channel called 'Watch', and no one did."

He's made this gag on just about every show he's hosted (and interview he's given) since his own show went off the air.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Laila getting evicted from The Jungle-
    Richard-"I'm glad, I thought she was a right Cow"
    Nail on the head Rich, :-)
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ag1973 wrote: »
    maybe c5 could give him a show straight after the wright stuff, like the one feltz did for channel 5.

I very much doubt he'd be interested, to be honest. I think he's happy doing a short-term stand in on a show, and doing the occasional weekend radio gig, but he spends most of his time in Cornwall these days and it's obvious that he's very happy there.
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Richard. I've watched him ever since the early days of This Morning and even though he makes you cringe sometimes, he is a great presenter and knows his stuff.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not get rid of Matthew, as annoying as he is at the end of the day it is his show which he has done for 10 years I think. Richard is a great stand in host though.
  • MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here . I will not be watching the Wright Show after seeing what a horrid man Wright really is .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping Matthew's back next week!

I'm hoping that theres going to be such a backlash due to his jungle exploits that he gets sacked !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would the show would have to be renamed "The Stuff?":D

"Not the Right stuff "
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MichPlat wrote: »
    I'm hoping that theres going to be such a backlash due to his jungle exploits that he gets sacked !

I think that's OTT. He has went on I'm A Celeb. Hardly a public hanging offense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    Completely agree with all of the above. I'm going to really miss Richard, he's a good and experienced 'live' presenter, very natural, warm and relaxed. It's a real shame he's not on TV more and I certainly wouldn't be at all upset if Matthew were to 'move onto other things' and the show was revamped with Richard at the helm. I think even his detractors will miss him when Matthews returns with his shouty, rude and impatient ways.

Now millions of viewers have seen the real man that is Matthew Wright = obnoxious /arguementatiive/bullying etc etc etc ~ I'm not convinced that he will be anywhere near as popular as he was before he went into the jungle .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I think that's OTT. He has went on I'm A Celeb. Hardly a public hanging offense.

Presumably you haven't seen him relentlessly bullying that harmless young woman and verbally abusing anyone and everyone .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MichPlat wrote: »
    Presumably you haven't seen him relentlessly bullying that harmless young woman and verbally abusing anyone and everyone .

What a ridiculous comment. If he was "Bullying a harmless woman" he would be removed instantly by ITV producers and this woman and other camp members would say something.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    I do prefer Richard to Matthew Wright to be honest, rarely watch the full show when Matthew is on.

Richard thanking all the new viewers, eh. His way of telling us the ratings have gone up since the Maoist revolutionary has been away boosting his profile?
This discussion has been closed.