Options

The last of us coming to ps4

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game has finally been officially confirmed. Developed by Naughty Dog themselves, it will run at 1080p/60, and features higher resolution character models with improved shadows and lighting.

Personally speaking, I've never played the game so I'm really looking forward to this.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Same as FF, didn't get around to it so I'll wait for ps4. Unless Sony pull a TR and add it to ps+.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely they also should include the dlc. Anything said ?
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd recommend it to people who haven't played it yet. I wouldn't say it's the most amazing game in the world even though a lot of people seem to have that opinion of it but it's definitely worth playing through. I won't be buying it on ps4 though. Might be worth a 10er though if they do the upgrade option. I might pay that and replay it.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got my copy with my recently purchased super slim..

and i havent played it yet....:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Surely they also should include the dlc. Anything said ?

Yep. Includes

Abandoned Territories Map Pack
    Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
    The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player campaign
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I got this on Day one last year and will be doing the same again for the PS4 version :D call me mad but I dont care I love the game and to see this run in 1080p is going to make it more stunning and beautiful. If no one has played this yet and you have a PS4 then this is a must have for sure.

Plus they are adding all the extra map packs from online and the Single Player DLC :)
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    Never got round to buying it for PS3 so may wait & see if the PS4 version is worth the additional cost before picking it up on either system.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit pissed about this as I bought it in the sale for PS3 in feb.

So in short if I want the better experience and graphics I have to stump up more money tsk tsk!
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Aye Up wrote: »
    I'm a bit pissed about this as I bought it in the sale for PS3 in feb.

So in short if I want the better experience and graphics I have to stump up more money tsk tsk!

Think of this more as a release for those who jumped to the PlayStation side this gen. this is basically a GOTY release but just on a different platform instead.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah that's it im getting a ps4 now :o well in the summer at least
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd recommend it to people who haven't played it yet. I wouldn't say it's the most amazing game in the world even though a lot of people seem to have that opinion of it but it's definitely worth playing through. I won't be buying it on ps4 though. Might be worth a 10er though if they do the upgrade option. I might pay that and replay it.

I'll eat my hat if they put this on the upgrade option, from what I've seen its only crap like cod and fifa (no offence if you like those games :D) they allow upgrades on. Tomb Raider never made it to upgrade status so The Last of Us has no chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll eat my hat if they put this on the upgrade option, from what I've seen its only crap like cod and fifa (no offence if you like those games :D) they allow upgrades on. Tomb Raider never made it to upgrade status so The Last of Us has no chance.

I'm inclined to agree. The inclusion of the DLC pretty much rules that out. Still, Sony may surprise us, you never know.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The finest example of storytelling I've ever seen in gaming. I'll definitely be picking it up again to see how such a beautiful game can be made to look better!

I got a bit behind with last year's releases, so I'm only now playing a bit of Bioshock Infinite: That some writers put it above The Last Of Us is hilarious, it doesn't even come close on story, graphics or gameplay.
  • Options
    Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With The Golf Club looming, Diablo 3 hopefully on the horizon and this emotion charged classic set for a re-master, the PS4 is starting to appeal again. In fact TGC alone is a likely system seller for me. But having missed out on TLoU PS3, this is certainly one I’ll pickup when released.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As this comes with the single player DLC I would buy it again to play that and experience the game with better visual and frame rate. The DLC alone would cost me £12 so I would be happy paying £25 for the remastered version at some point in the future.
    The finest example of storytelling I've ever seen in gaming. I'll definitely be picking it up again to see how such a beautiful game can be made to look better!

I got a bit behind with last year's releases, so I'm only now playing a bit of Bioshock Infinite: That some writers put it above The Last Of Us is hilarious, it doesn't even come close on story, graphics or gameplay.

Bioshock Infinite suffered from the limitations of its game engine IMHO. If they had built their own engine tailored to the game they were making I think it could have been just as good as TLOU. The graphics were awesome for an Unreal game and I really enjoyed the story as well which all comes together by the end of the game.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've already played TLOU but when i get my ps4 in November i'll pick it up for the ps4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    I've already played TLOU but when i get my ps4 in November i'll pick it up for the ps4.

This will be my 4th upgrade game, but previous were 2 to 3

GOTY 2014?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can pre-order the game for £37.75 using the code "QUIDCO" at Gameseek.
  • Options
    the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Still think they should be concentrating on new PS4 titles instead.

I just don't think this game needs remastering. Admittedly TLoU is a rather rugged and unpolished looking game, but I think this adds to its unique dark and gritty atmosphere. Despite it being 720p and 30fps it still looks great.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This will be my 4th upgrade game, but previous were 2 to 3

GOTY 2014?

Could be but has very tough competition with the likes of Watchdogs coming out.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Announcement Trailer (Don't watch if you haven't played the game yet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdjmHJxIeuA

I cant believe they picked that scene for the trailer, I though this was a wonderful moment in the game when you reach this section and feel its a poor scene to show for potential new customers of the game as it wont have quite the impact it had on me as someone who discovered that moment on my own.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i will probably re buy it at some point only when its cheap just to i can play the DLC. im wondering how much of a graphical upgrade it will really be because with tomb raider they had the PC version as a template where as last of us was designed for ps3. im not expecting the upgrade we got from ps3 tomb raider to ps4 tomb raider
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 months ago before the dlc came out they said they had no plans to brings this out on the ps4 this year lol
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kcspurs wrote: »
    2 months ago before the dlc came out they said they had no plans to brings this out on the ps4 this year lol
    I think they might have been waiting to drop this as a big surprise at E3 but someone got carried away and let it out in an interview.

Anyway, announcing this before the launch of the DLC would have been stupid as it would harm sales.