Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I have to endure that bloody awful no.5 advert with the chap making my ears bleed singing you're the one that I want I will not be held responsible for my actions !
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    One of the Lidl ads really annoys me.

There's someone who sounds (and kind of looks) like Russell Tovey...he's the beardy one in the reddish cardy that says "one-ninety-nine" in the ad.

Every time that ad comes on, I'm compelled to stop everything I'm doing and get a secret thrill when he says "one-ninety-nine" and that drives me crazy :mad: :D:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That awful Invictus aftershave ad with that cocky-looking pillock having all those women draped all over him. Bleugh.
  • Options
    danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I just wanted you to know..." >:(>:(>:(

..that I don't want a cheap 'n tacky personalised calendar for Christmas.
  • Options
    danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..and I hope House of Fraser stores are completely empty after the hideous, patronising 'models and their gifts' adverts.
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chloe perfume advert is pretty bad - horrible, sleazy, pervy male voice....urgh!
    If that's the sort of man the perfume attracts won't bother - oops but there again I'm older than 14.......
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..and I hope House of Fraser stores are completely empty after the hideous, patronising 'models and their gifts' adverts.

Apparently it has backfired, footfall is down and web sales are flat, vile advert and I hate the company since they took over and bastardised an Edinburgh institition namely Jenners department store.

I pray for that scummy retail group to die😡

Happily no BHS advert this year I see, another vile scummy retailer owned by a tax dodger.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cravendale advert.

Same advert with a different person singing the song and guess what? It's still annoying as it was before.

"That's why Peter goes to Iceland!"

Ugh. The amount of times that I've caught this advert, talk about overkill.

Also The "How do you feel after going to the Loo" Andrex advert is back again.

It's still incredibly awkward, cringeworthy and wincingly odd to watch. Are they seriously asking that question? Eh. Gotta avoid this if I ever catch it again.
  • Options
    Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrilled to see the immortal Rocketcash ad again yesterday, which might be one of the greatest ads of recent times, and perhaps of the decade. Such an advertising tour de force deserves every accolade you can name.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I mentioned this one. The bit at the end shocks me where he says to his phone "you are making me look good Cortana" NO it's not!!!

One day, there could be a movie in that ad idea, where a guy falls in love with Cortana, similar to that movie "Her" with Scarlett Johansson :o
    Or maybe not.
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I see that advertisers still haven't tired of getting a twee female voice to sing a rubbish version of an old classic tune......the ad for NSPCC Is doing Slade's Merry Xmas
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laithwaites wine. They forget to say: 'and if you buy a one-off wine offer in a moment of festive madness, we'll get a call centre to badger you with calls, morning noon and night, asking you to agree to buy wine every month for the rest of your life, and we won't stop calling until you've either given in or hanged yourself'.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The car advert where the dad and husband is shown to be doing everything for his ungrateful family being nothing more than a taxi and bank.
    The one where he waits for his son at the football stadium who's in the toilets and he misses the goal.
    It's the tag line "no compromise"

Are they trying to say he's been compromising when it comes to what he wants and what his family wants but doesn't need to with his car, because that's not compromising but sacrificing.

His family made no compromises only demands and they didn't give up anything for the dad
    I'm guessing who wrote that advert also wrote Alanis Morissette's Ironic.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Haig ad: Beckham, who's probably never drunk whisky in his life, poncing around in a green velvet jacket holding what appears to be a squat bottle of meths.
  • Options
    MimiMoonlightMimiMoonlight Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    dottzie38 wrote: »
    If I have to endure that bloody awful no.5 advert with the chap making my ears bleed singing you're the one that I want I will not be held responsible for my actions !

I've just seen this advert, absolutely awful! Also quite irritated by the fact that they've changed one of the lines so it says 'you'd better shape up, cos you need a man' - no I don't think I 'need' a man, and why should I 'shape up' if I did? >:(
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be glad when all the Christmas ads are over and done with, until next August that is.

Oh, but we'll soon have all the endless sale ads and holiday company ones to endure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    I'll be glad when all the Christmas ads are over and done with, until next August that is.

Oh, but we'll soon have all the endless sale ads and holiday company ones to endure.

.....and, "order your sofa now for guaranteed delivery before Valentine's Day. Buy now, with nothing to pay until 2016!!"
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Haig ad: Beckham, who's probably never drunk whisky in his life, poncing around in a green velvet jacket holding what appears to be a squat bottle of meths.

At £45 a bottle it's an expensive tipple...nice blue glass though :D
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen this advert, absolutely awful! Also quite irritated by the fact that they've changed one of the lines so it says 'you'd better shape up, cos you need a man' - no I don't think I 'need' a man, and why should I 'shape up' if I did? >:(

I'd not noticed that (neither did the advertisers, evidently!) but yes, now you mention it it does create a rather odd undertone.

Another one.. That Microsoft advert with the ear-bleedingly awful backing music. from a quick Google, it's a Korean song I think.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I have remarked before it tastes utterly bland, I can picture Beckham with a bottle of meth though 😃
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please stop the BT ads with the oldest student known to man!
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The original song bugged me for similar reasons. Don't like the whole, you'd better change to suit me, attitude in films
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avidian wrote: »
    One of the Lidl ads really annoys me.

There's someone who sounds (and kind of looks) like Russell Tovey...he's the beardy one in the reddish cardy that says "one-ninety-nine" in the ad.

Every time that ad comes on, I'm compelled to stop everything I'm doing and get a secret thrill when he says "one-ninety-nine" and that drives me crazy :mad: :D:blush:

I am sick to death of the Lidl ads. On one channel we had four - FOUR!!!! - in ONE advert break!!!

Overkill or what? Screening something incessantly only has the effect of alienating people, who get sick of seeing something so often.

Suffice to say, I shall never shop there.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Please stop the BT ads with the oldest student known to man!

I became a student again at the age of 43.

Although if I'd suggested sharing digs with winsome young ladies my wife might have had a few words...
  • Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    One day, there could be a movie in that ad idea, where a guy falls in love with Cortana, similar to that movie "Her" with Scarlett Johansson :o
    Or maybe not.

Raj in Big Bang Theory already dated Siri ...
This discussion has been closed.