Official Snooker Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member
    Hate to say it, but Dennis is getting a little embarrassing in the commentary box now. Whittering far too much
    I thought the commentary from Virgo and Taylor during the Trump/Maguire semi-final was frankly awful. I know he's not the most popular on here but bar Willie, Hendry and the Nugget I could gladly never hear the rest of the BBC commentary team again. Oh how I was wishing for the likes of Everton and Foulds during the UKs.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the commentary from Virgo and Taylor during the Trump/Maguire semi-final was frankly awful. I know he's not the most popular on here but bar Willie, Hendry and the Nugget I could gladly never hear the rest of the BBC commentary team again. Oh how I was wishing for the likes of Everton and Foulds during the UKs.

A man you didnt mention is my favourite on the BBC - John Parrott
  • Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member
    A man you didnt mention is my favourite on the BBC - John Parrott
    I don't mind Parrott when he is in the studio with Hazel, but I'm not keen on him in the box on commentary duties.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand listening to Willie Thorne, I'd rather have the TV on silent when he's doing a game. Hendry a bit boring but okay, Davis is okay, I don't mind Ken Doherty.

As for Dennis Taylor, I can actually withstand him, I know he needlessly goes on a bit but I don't mind his voice! I agree with Darren Letham, I like John Parrott too.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame that Ali Carter has had to withdraw from the Lisbon Open this weekend.

Think its because he's filming his documentary for EuroSport, that's what I saw on Twitter anyway.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maximum for Ben Woollaston! His first in the first professional event in Portugal. Good fillet for the tournament :)

Only receives around 40K less than Ronnie's last week 😛
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my. Who's the blonde refereeing Judd's match?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    Oh my. Who's the blonde refereeing Judd's match?

Dunno but I think she might have responsible for the temporary power outage! ⚡️
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame Jimmy lost 4-1 after taking the first frame this afternoon! Judd has had two 4-0 wins today and is awaiting to see who he plays next tonight, looks like Mark Williams at the moment who leads Anthony Hamilton 3-2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Eurosport is great - it's nice to be able to see some of the players who you've never seen before. This is the first time I've ever seen Sanderson Lam, for example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This blonde ref would give Michaela a run for her money. She's like some KGB Bond girl. Clinically efficient, not cracked a smile yet. I don't think the players would dare argue with her. :p
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The background noise is terrible. At first I thought it was just a bad setup but apparently it's the rain.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is the blonde people are referring to the one who looks like she's come from the local 6th form?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is the blonde people are referring to the one who looks like she's come from the local 6th form?

That must be her. I've spotted three women refs, the blonde one and two brunettes. One with glasses and short hair and the other with long hair. Both have these weird braids with their hair around their head like a half halo. Reminds me of some continental bread loaf.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of referees, Marcel Eckardt was curiously absent from the recent UK tournament. Wonder where he's gone.

Monika Sulkowska (short hair/glasses) refereed Maguire v Higgins in Lisbon today.

https://twitter.com/worldsnooker1/status/432480959678533634
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    Speaking of referees, Marcel Eckardt was curiously absent from the recent UK tournament. Wonder where he's gone.

Monika Sulkowska (short hair/glasses) refereed Maguire v Higgins in Lisbon today.

https://twitter.com/worldsnooker1/status/432480959678533634

They don't have every referee at every tournament
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well played to Matt Selt on reaching his first ranking final, even if it is a 'minor' one. Maguire will be a tough opponent though, only allowed Mark Davis to pot five balls in their semi-final!
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well played to Matt Selt on reaching his first ranking final, even if it is a 'minor' one. Maguire will be a tough opponent though, only allowed Mark Davis to pot five balls in their semi-final!

Yes Maguire has had a good day today but so has Selt who beat Trump 4-1 earlier! Should be a good final, final of the year!
  • NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairly even final with Selt at the table just one frame behind at 2-1. Fab to have the Eurosport app so the match can be watched sans commentary!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha, mystery solved! Desislava Bozhilova it is!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maguire wins 4-2. Hope this turns into an annual event, crowds in Lisbon very enthusiastic.
  • NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased to see Maguire win another PTC event. And that's yer lot until January. Looking forward to the Masters now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NWScots wrote: »
    Pleased to see Maguire win another PTC event. And that's yer lot until January. Looking forward to the Masters now.

Unless one watches the German Masters qualifying on live streaming :blush:
  • dazcdazc Posts: 4,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done to mags nice to see him back in the winners circle and well done to selt who reached his first final great event
This discussion has been closed.