Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Should of won today but at least we didnt lose, leicester on the other hand continue to impress me :)
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Should of won today but at least we didnt lose, leicester on the other hand continue to impress me :)

They have their cup final replay next month.;-)

Gits!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Disappointing not to take 3 points today considering Villa played the last 25 minutes with 10 men. That's the nature of where United are at the moment though. They have had a good run of results despite a few ropey performances, but the team has at least dug in and won some matches this season against teams in the top of end of the table and picked up wins where they almost certainly wouldn't have done last season. There are still obvious flaws in the team, but Van Gaal has made some progress with what he has at his disposal.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    Disappointing but it was bound to happen soon especially away somewhere such as Villa, run of the ball and all that. But 6 wins and an away draw is top three form and a win at home on Friday will see us back on track (though we are still on track really).

We do need to beat Newcastle though, otherwise confidence may start to dip. Roll on Friday and come ON you Reds! :cool:
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Disappointing but it was bound to happen soon especially away somewhere such as Villa, run of the ball and all that. But 6 wins and an away draw is top three form and a win at home on Friday will see us back on track (though we are still on track really).

We do need to beat Newcastle though, otherwise confidence may start to dip. Roll on Friday and come ON you Reds! :cool:

That's the spirit! :)
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It irked me this week with all the talk of the title. Phil Nev should know better to keep his mouth shut.

Today showed that third place is our target this year. As such, I'm actually delighted with the draw.

After tomorrows games, we'll still be third.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    It irked me this week with all the talk of the title. Phil Nev should know better to keep his mouth shut.

Today showed that third place is our target this year. As such, I'm actually delighted with the draw.

After tomorrows games, we'll still be third.

P Nev's just a bit of an idiot really, isn't he? He was saying we need to spend another 200m, then he starts saying we're in with a shot at winning the league. He'll be back suggesting we should spend astronomical amounts tomorrow.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Nope, let's see if it's revoked then.

Even your manager doesn't think it's a red card
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing result in the end but still lots of encouraging signs particularly for next season when LVG has really put his mark on the team.

I remember someone posted a clip of LVG before he was appointed (maybe James or Jim?). It had him addressing the Bayern fans after winning the league. I thought to myself - the man's a nutter - he'll be right at home at OT. And boy has he settled in. Love his pressers - in fact, I kinda have a crush on him...:blush:

Great to watch United again without fearing that another bad record will be broken by the opposition.
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he's trying his best.

He probably doesn't know what he has to do to win.;-)

Don't his team have hated arch-rivals they can aspire to....?:cool:
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »

Watching at the time, an ok quality stream of the game it looked like Agbonlahor ran towards Young swung out his right foot, completely missed the ball and caught Young on the leg, bringing him down, in real time looking like he'd blatantly kicked out, the fact that Young tries to protect himself doesn't make it a 50/50. Watching it back I haven't changed my opinion, maybe it could have been a yellow, but I wouldn't be surprised watching any other team if a red was given for that.

If a player goes in with that sort of challenge and doesn't get the ball they run the risk of a card.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »

Hindsight is a marvellous thing. I was listening to the match in the car live and both 5 live and Talk Sport said at the time that it was a red card.
    It was only on reviewing the slow mos that some doubt crept in.
    I doubt anyone would be calling for it to be revoked had that been Rooney getting sent off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Hindsight is a marvellous thing. I was listening to the match in the car live and both 5 live and Talk Sport said at the time that it was a red card.
    It was only on reviewing the slow mos that some doubt crept in.
    I doubt anyone would be calling for it to be revoked had that been Rooney getting sent off.

The teeth gnashers would be insisting that his England captaincy was revoked with immediate effect.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're signing Bale next summer. Where do you think we'll play him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    We're signing Bale next summer. Where do you think we'll play him?

It's won't be a problem,he'll be in the treatment room.;-)
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's won't be a problem,he'll be in the treatment room.;-)

There'll be no room for him with Jones, Smalling and Evans hogging the place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    There'll be no room for him with Jones, Smalling and Evans hogging the place.

I think there's half a dozen you could have added there.:p
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching at the time, an ok quality stream of the game it looked like Agbonlahor ran towards Young swung out his right foot, completely missed the ball and caught Young on the leg, bringing him down, in real time looking like he'd blatantly kicked out, the fact that Young tries to protect himself doesn't make it a 50/50. Watching it back I haven't changed my opinion, maybe it could have been a yellow, but I wouldn't be surprised watching any other team if a red was given for that.

If a player goes in with that sort of challenge and doesn't get the ball they run the risk of a card.

I was watching on a stream too and thought he'd given a free-kick to Villa at first. :D I was thinking "Young got the ball" and didn't see anything that seemed particularly out of order from either player then was shocked when the red came out.

Looking at the replay I think I'd have gone 60/40 in favour of not even giving Agbonlahor a yellow. Absolutely no chance that was red for me.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was never a red card and if one of ours had gone for similar we'd rightly be fuming about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Draw would probably be the best result for us today, but an Arsenal win would provide plenty of amusement also :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anything except a Liverpool win would be good, Arsenal look very poor so far though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Draw would probably be the best result for us today, but an Arsenal win would provide plenty of amusement also :)

RAWK would be on lockdown.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The defending this season from most teams has been awful.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The defending this season from most teams has been awful.

Hasn't it just? Benteke should never have got that shot in yesterday but generally at least we have a bit of sicknote excuse. Most other teams have their back lines intact. We are really going to hammer some teams when LVG finally has his first team out.

Just saw the highlights of the match and can't really make much of an opinion on that but from what I gather on here and listening to about seventy minutes live we played poorly again, should have won but still didn't lose. Not a terrible state of affairs.

I would like to apologise to Ashley Young as well. I have given him some right stick since he came to us but he has been a real attacking threat in the last two games and he's been trying his best before then. He's probably the second most transformed player behind Fellani. LVG's man-management should be a study course at business schools...
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RAWK should be fun l8 if it stays like this :p
This discussion has been closed.