Options

Playstation 2 Relase Opinion

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
Forum Member
PSX2 should be a great console, it has the capibilites to be...

As for its release date in my opinion it will be shifted you only have to look at the gaming industry as a whole to release its a trend, but least we all dont live in Australia cause they get them slightly later than we do normally.

Hopefully it will be released before Christmas however and i can see it killing the dreamcast since it isnt even surviving as it is.

Shame since competition isn't a bad thing.

Richard

Comments

• Options
    OldnboldOldnbold Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunch of horrible people on this forum and in the crowd. How about you get a life and stop taking pleasure from a young girls downfall.

I have a life, and I thought tonight was hilarious re: Ashleigh. Were you that bothered about Pauline's downfall?
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnbold wrote: »
    I have a life, and I thought tonight was hilarious re: Ashleigh. Were you that bothered about Pauline's downfall?

wtf is going on? :confused::o Not only does it appear your quoting someone not in this thread, this thread is from the year 2000 :p
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a Big Brother related post. Odd.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Wait. They haven't announced the PS2 relase date yet?

:(
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Oldnbold wrote: »

Have a life yet resurrects a 14 year old thread out of nowhere on a Friday night AND watches Big Brother... You win at life
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was drink involved in anyway when this thread was reborn?
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to cut a quote from one thread and then to search out a 14 year old post, I'd say yes drink must have beem involved.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PSX2 should be a great console, it has the capibilites to be...

As for its release date in my opinion it will be shifted you only have to look at the gaming industry as a whole to release its a trend, but least we all dont live in Australia cause they get them slightly later than we do normally.

Hopefully it will be released before Christmas however and i can see it killing the dreamcast since it isnt even surviving as it is.

Shame since competition isn't a bad thing.

Richard

I reckon it will be out by Christmas, late November I'd guess, but I imagine supplies will be short for a while.

I think Sony have got it right with this one. Great hardware combined with a DVD player could see it become one of the best selling consoles of all time.

Dreamcast, despite being a great console, won't be able to complete with the PS2 marketing machine in my opinion and will be totally eclipsed, sadly. It could even mean the end of Sega as a hardware manufacturer.

I don't think Microsoft's rumoured direct-x-in-a-box console (I wonder why they'll call that) will be much competition either. It will be a good experience for them and put the in good stead for the following generation though.

Let's wait and see.

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon it will be out by Christmas, late November I'd guess, but I imagine supplies will be short for a while.

I think Sony have got it right with this one. Great hardware combined with a DVD player could see it become one of the best selling consoles of all time.

Dreamcast, despite being a great console, won't be able to complete with the PS2 marketing machine in my opinion and will be totally eclipsed, sadly. It could even mean the end of Sega as a hardware manufacturer.

I don't think Microsoft's rumoured direct-x-in-a-box console (I wonder why they'll call that) will be much competition either. It will be a good experience for them and put the in good stead for the following generation though.

Let's wait and see.

;)

I've heard Nintendo have something up their sleeves too apparantly it'll be a cube shaped box and will use mini discs :o
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    That turned out to happen too, the PS2 pretty much did kill off the Dreamcast. It was a handy DVD player because DVD players were still expensive at the time.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I've heard Nintendo have something up their sleeves too apparantly it'll be a cube shaped box and will use mini discs :o

So it's a "cube" you can "game" on?

Cube....game.....

Intriguing.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's a "cube" you can "game" on?

Cube....game.....

Intriguing.

Wait until you see the rumoured M Box.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see DVD taking off personally. DVDs are expensive compared to VHS and you can't really see a difference. If you sit really close to the TV it might be a bit clearer but not much and I don't like the idea of being forced to rebuy my movie collection again.

Do we really need all that space for games? Only a couple of PS1 games have needed to be on multiple CDs, the space isn't needed yet and we've survived for years with games on a single cartridge which are a lot smaller than CDs in capacity. I'm sure it will be a fad. A fad I tells you!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Wait until you see the rumoured M Box.

I heard that the M box will have a hard drive.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »

Mini discs?! Awesome! I love my mini disc player, will I be able to play Nintendo games on it then? Hopefully pokemon.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol this has made me laugh out loud.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor RichardG had to wait 14 years for a reply on his thread, only to find out its Big Bro related.... I honestly don't know which is worse !!

Fascinating all the same.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Have a life yet resurrects a 14 year old thread out of nowhere on a Friday night AND watches Big Brother... You win at life

i think it's brilliant. it takes a very special person to this kinda thing
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Has someone been chasing the dragon.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think you will find that it was lucy beale who was killed. not patrick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I hope they release another Playstation console, i would call it Playstation 3, if i was the boss of Sony
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    I hope they release another Playstation console, i would call it Playstation 3, if i was the boss of Sony

But what would you call the one after that?
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    But what would you call the one after that?

The Playstation Phwoar.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I hope they release more excellent Final Fantasy games, I really enjoyed Final Fantasy VII & VIII and can't wait for IX to be released next year, it will apparently be medieval themed in a modern development of the SNES classics. Nobuo Uematsu is once again producing the music, but this will be on PS1, but you can play on the PSX2 if you get one!
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naw, you can all shut up, Kimye are totally in it for the long haul.