Ola may never dance again after severe leg injury on The Jump

jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictlys-ola-jordan-agony-leaves-4957606

Looking at this pic she looks devastated and obviously in a great deal of pain. I loved her in SCD and cant believe its the end of her dancing.

However , I smell a massive personal injury claim against The Jump and this may also be the end of this stupid programme as well.

Get well soon Ola your beautiful

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who? What? Ola?:confused:
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Her guilty feet have got no rhythm.

Amazing what make-up and photoshop can do for a person innit?
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    This should be in the Strictly forum.
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Who? What? Ola?:confused:
    Ola Jordan from strictly
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is the type of drivel posted in the TV forums, I'm glad I never visit them!
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flipping heck I wouldn't have recognised her there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Guilty feet have got no rythmn
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another contestant has withdrawn with two broken ribs. I'm sure they all had to sign disclaimers due to the risks involved with skiing.
    Forum Member
    There's something rather satisfying about zelebrities busting themselves up for a fee on reality TV
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I'll have a look in a bit. I'm currently reading the articles in The Mail about Jennifer Garner taking her daughter for pizza and Molly Sims cradling her baby bump.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ola Jordan was plain idiotic to take part in something that could hurt her and ruin her dancing career, so her fault nobody else's. She shouldn't have done something so risky. Her and her husband were finished on Strictly anyway.
    Forum Member
    Her and her husband were finished on Strictly anyway.

If there is one person who I would seriously like to punch in the face it would be James Jordan. :D
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,563
    Forum Member
    Ola Jordan was plain idiotic to take part in something that could hurt her and ruin her dancing career, so her fault nobody else's. She shouldn't have done something so risky. Her and her husband were finished on Strictly anyway.

Agree with this 100%
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll dance again. It's awful, what's happened, but the papers always amp up the drama, as we know.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I do have sympathy for someone who MAY have been prevented from carrying on with what she loves and what pays her bills... if your source of income is reliant on your body, you do not mess around doing potentially dangerous winter sports. I read an interview with Darcey Bussell years ago, when she retired from the Royal Ballet - one of the things she said was that now she was no longer employed as a dancer and reliant on it, she could finally do some of the things which she had never been allowed to before, such as ice skating with her daughter, or skiing or whatever. She said it was never an option and you just didn't consider it.

Whilst it would be sad any professional dancer to be told they can no longer dance, you have to be pretty stupid to go skiing and ski jumping if you plan to continue working. I can't imagine why Ola Jordan would sign up for something like the Jump - it couldn't possibly be the money and the celeb exposure, surely?
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    There's something rather satisfying about zelebrities busting themselves up for a fee on reality TV

Niiiiceee attitude, man. Ah, the milk of human kindness. No wonder you lurve Katie H. :p
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Her guilty feet have got no rhythm.
    Guilty feet have got no rythmn

Proof positive that the rush for puns means never having to read the thread ;)
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess she was looking to broaden her media profile for a career after her dancing is over, like James.
  • celfyddydaucelfyddydau Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossip/omg/strictly-come-dancing-s-ola-jordan--may-never-dance-again--following-potentially-life-changing-operation-115313959.html on Yahoo too.

Wonder what the injury is. I damaged my Medial Collateral Ligaments years ago and my leg has never been the same.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

absolutely 100% agree with what you have said

She knew the risks yet decided to do it anyway - silly silly lady - yes I am sorry that she injured herself BUT she is a complete idiot to risk her career by being on this stupid programme - she should have known better
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm with you and considering she was still contracted to BBC at the time of the accident, she has left the door wide open for BBC to take legal action against her.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you and considering she was still contracted to BBC at the time of the accident, she has left the door wide open for BBC to take legal action against her.

I would not think it would be worth them doing so, it would look vindictive and the damages paid for missing an appearance in a group dance would be very small.

We don't know the circumstances of course, she could have cleared it with the BBC.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Proof positive that the rush for puns means never having to read the thread ;)
    they were just careless whispers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Bad luck for Ola. I hope she will be able to dance again.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    absolutely 100% agree with what you have said

She knew the risks yet decided to do it anyway - silly silly lady - yes I am sorry that she injured herself BUT she is a complete idiot to risk her career by being on this stupid programme - she should have known better

I honestly can't understand anyone who knows what went off in series one - and surely you'd at least check it out if you were approached? - agreeing to take part, and that's before you factor in the fact it puts the maximum stress on the limbs you need to do your day job. James is usually so protective of her it just seems odd they decided it was a good move.