Corrie special opening titles confirmed!

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭
From the main page of DS
Coronation Street's 50th anniversary week will begin with a special shot which gives fans a unique glimpse of wider Weatherfield, it has been revealed.

Monday's first episode opens with a computer-generated look at life beyond the viaduct, showing the neighbouring streets and houses.

Speaking at a Coronation Street press conference yesterday, show producer Phil Collinson explained: "The shot develops into, for the first time, a glimpse of Weatherfield and beyond the beginning and end of Coronation Street and Rosamund Street.

"When we saw that shot for the first time, it just felt very epic and brilliant, and it just felt like a really lovely way of starting the week - saying to the world, 'Here's a big shot, it's going to be a little bit unusual this week and a bit different'.

"So that was the reasoning behind that. We didn't originally plan to do that, but when we saw the shot, we thought that'd be a beautiful thing to do."

Asked to confirm whether it is the first time that such a shot has been featured in the programme, Collinson replied: "It is, I believe so. And then as we go on in the week, we look the other way as well and we see even broader Weatherfield.

"Careful viewers, if they pause their TV afterwards, will be able to see the Red Rec and all sorts of landmarks that have gone in there. It's been created with a lot of love and reference to a lot of landmarks that we've spoken of for many years."

Monday's double bill will see the much-anticipated Joinery bar explosion and tram crash, which will cause terror and tragedy on the cobbles.

Comments

• LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the main page of DS
    Coronation Street's 50th anniversary week will begin with a special shot which gives fans a unique glimpse of wider Weatherfield, it has been revealed.

Monday's first episode opens with a computer-generated look at life beyond the viaduct, showing the neighbouring streets and houses.

Speaking at a Coronation Street press conference yesterday, show producer Phil Collinson explained: "The shot develops into, for the first time, a glimpse of Weatherfield and beyond the beginning and end of Coronation Street and Rosamund Street.

"When we saw that shot for the first time, it just felt very epic and brilliant, and it just felt like a really lovely way of starting the week - saying to the world, 'Here's a big shot, it's going to be a little bit unusual this week and a bit different'.

"So that was the reasoning behind that. We didn't originally plan to do that, but when we saw the shot, we thought that'd be a beautiful thing to do."

Asked to confirm whether it is the first time that such a shot has been featured in the programme, Collinson replied: "It is, I believe so. And then as we go on in the week, we look the other way as well and we see even broader Weatherfield.

"Careful viewers, if they pause their TV afterwards, will be able to see the Red Rec and all sorts of landmarks that have gone in there. It's been created with a lot of love and reference to a lot of landmarks that we've spoken of for many years."

Monday's double bill will see the much-anticipated Joinery bar explosion and tram crash, which will cause terror and tragedy on the cobbles.

Sounds ace. They have gone all out that's for sure... looks like being the best week of soap ever!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds great :) they've thought of everything to make it an amazing week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it not just an opening shot of wider weatherfield rather than new titles?

From what i can gather it will be the very first scene that is seen after the opening titles of the first episode on monday rather than being special opening titles throught the week. As Phil colinson says...
    "The shot develops into, for the first time, a glimpse of Weatherfield and beyond the beginning and end of Coronation Street and Rosamund Street"
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    DS2006 wrote: »

From what i can gather it will be the very first scene that is seen after the opening titles of the first episode on monday rather than being special opening titles throught the week.

Yes that's what I thought as well. I don't think it'll actually be replacing the opening titles.
  • auldlangsyneauldlangsyne Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe we are also gonna see the streets and area behind the viaduct for the first time, after the viaduct is destroyed the viewers will see straight through the area and be able to see other streets etc including 'jubilee terrace'
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS2006 wrote: »

From what i can gather it will be the very first scene that is seen after the opening titles of the first episode on monday rather than being special opening titles throught the week. As Phil colinson says...

Good point, though the Sun said this last night
    "The computer-generated opening credits will be followed later in the week by a new view of the world at the other end of the Street. "
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's confirmed the will be a small pre-credit scene with Ken and Janice
  • JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's confirmed the will be a small pre-credit scene with Ken and Janice

where is that confirmed?
  • thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to that, theres definetely three deaths, charlottes is the fourth which is murder, I really do not have any idea who the third one is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thebill22 wrote: »
    According to that, theres definetely three deaths, charlottes is the fourth which is murder, I really do not have any idea who the third one is.

Me neither, I mean, I think it could be Sunita...but I don't know I just hope its not 'R Rita!
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    The opening credits sound brilliant...i'm so, so excited for next week!!
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Sounds brilliant!

I assume they'll have some new opening titles the following week though. They can't show the current ones anymore can they?
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this; as I think it'll be really good.

I know it's filmed on a backlot in Manchester City Centre but to actually see "Weatherfield" will be brilliant.

From a wooden facade and painted cobbles to a row of brick houses and CGI effects-who'd have thought it 50 year ago eh?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds brilliant!

I assume they'll have some new opening titles the following week though. They can't show the current ones anymore can they?

I've never really been a big fan of the New titles that were introduced when Corrie went HD. I think the titles should be altered for the week and post tram crash.

I'd like to see the closing credits of the week be really simple, cutting to a Black screen with To be Continued... written at the bottom without any cast list, crew list or music. and then on the final episode on friday the cast list crew list etc added.