Options

Jason Gardiner is to be axed

Comments

• Options
    FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Sun today is to be believed, Jason Gardiner, Robin Cousins and Emma Bunton will be the only 3 judges this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Sun today is to be believed, Jason Gardiner, Robin Cousins and Emma Bunton will be the only 3 judges this year.

So karen has got the boot from the Judging panel as well....next year Robin will be gone and we will be left with People who know sod all about Ice Skating!
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    they wont get rid of judges so their is less because there need's to be 5 to total to 30.0 unless they change the scoring total to 10 instead of 6.0
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    So karen has got the boot from the Judging panel as well....next year Robin will be gone and we will be left with People who know sod all about Ice Skating!

Oh, let's be positive now! If Karen's coaching is it entirely fair her being a judge?
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    There is no need to have 5 Judges, 3 would be enough then maybe karen and Robin can have more of a say instead of having to play 2nd fiddle to the non skating Judges!
    I've been saying that for years - Jason as the nasty judge (if they keep him on the panel), Karen as the nice judge to balance Jason and Robin as the voice of reason in between.

There's no need for more than three judges and that way we might be able to hear from them all instead of always Jason and rarely anyone else.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really not impressed if Karen has been removed from the panel but both Emma & Jason are there.

Having just one skater dents the credibility of the show for me - and before someone replies & says it's dancing on ice well how can you dance on ice (and I mean on the ice & not lifts) if you cant skate? Also Karen & Nicky were the only ones who actually stood up to Jason & disagreed with him at times.

I have loved DOI & the show definitely needed a bit of a refresh after last year but changes aren't doing it for me at tthe moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicky's judging was so erratic, and I often agreed with Jason. If Nicky has all this skating knowledge why on earth didn't he use it? Glad he's gone! :D
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    He doesn't need to be axed, he just needs to be told to treat people with a modicum of respect. He can be one of the most constructive.

i agree i dont want jason to leave either. kerry katona or jason EASY Jason anytime ! cant believe shes in the line up :rolleyes: looking forward to all the rest though
  • Options
    WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Jason is vile and although he may sometimes has a valid point, it gets lost in the personal insults.
    I don't understand why they need to have judges without skating knowledge, the skaters are in the best position to judge both the technical and the artistic quality of the skating.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Pussy has a well worn tush. He's an inspiration to all working girls! One can be in the proverbial gutter in Earls Court - but one can still aim for the stars! One shouldnt be so bitchy on ones ascent though. Because theres always someone that remembers you from the past.:o
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason's Twitter:
    Alas it arrives the first live show of DOI tonight ITV1 but not as you know it.

Why is he saying "alas"? I don't know if he's being sarcastic, but if he isn't, then why did he sign up to do another series?
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    Jason's Twitter:

Why is he saying "alas"? I don't know if he's being sarcastic, but if he isn't, then why did he sign up to do another series?

I follow Jason and havent seen this? what time did he tweet that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason's Twitter:

Because the Odious man loves the attention it gets him and the money they pay him for doing it!
    I wonder what fashion statement he is going to make this year? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason's Twitter:
    Alas it arrives the first live show of DOI tonight ITV1 but not as you know it.
    It reads to me like he's saying alas because of the new format. In the first two weeks the judges' scores don't count, although I think they get to decide the results of the skate-off. I think the judges are worried good skaters might go out in the first couple of weeks because they don't have a fanbase, which is a fair concern.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    It reads to me that he's saying alas because of the new format. In the first two weeks the judges' scores don't count, although I think they get to decide the results of the skate-off. I think the judges are worried good skaters might go out in the first couple of weeks because they don't have a fanbase, which is a fair concern.
    But Robin is the only judge qualified to adjudicate on skating so why should Jason worry?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    But Robin is the only judge qualified to adjudicate on skating so why should Jason worry?
    Don't forget that Jason can actually skate. Combine that with his dancing ability and he's probably a fairly good judge - when he doesn't get personal. Certainly those who take on board his comments, do tend to improve. Well, the non-rude, non-personal comments, anyway.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    Don't forget that Jason can actually skate. Combine that with his dancing ability and he's probably a fairly good judge. Certainly those who take on board his comments, do tend to improve. Well, the non-rude, non-personal comments, anyway.
    To what standard does he skate - has anyone on this forum actually seen him skate or indeed perform any of the required elements that will be asked of them during the competition.Until I see him skating to the standard required of a judge I'll reserve judgement.

He might make the odd constructive comment but he tends to limit those to his own favourites whilst dishing out the vitriolic insults to those who don't engage him - no matter how well they might perform.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen Barber and Tovill and Dean have all confirmed that Jason can skate. I don't know to what level but he can skate. And I did make a point of saying his comments are helpful only when they're not rude and personal.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Louie Spence in his place?

:eek:

Absolutely not!

It would become the Louie-Spence-Show

I'm not Jason's biggest fan, but I'd keep him over Louie Spence.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Jason's Twitter:

Or he's a bit dim and thinks "alas" is synonymous with "at last"?
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Gardiner is just a cheaper Craig Revel Horwood and not as funny. CRH is more panto, Jason just seems naturally horrible and looks like he means some of the vile comments he comes out with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Gardiner is just a cheaper Craig Revel Horwood and not as funny. CRH is more panto, Jason just seems naturally horrible and looks like he means some of the vile comments he comes out with.

Totally agree. Craig is not spitefully nasty like Jason.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig has a bit of charm & wit about him which Jason lacks.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Perhaps he will be a bit better behaved this year, well I live in hope.
  • Options
    daffy1daffy1 Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    If Louie is to take his place I for one would switch off. I cant stand the man. He would want to turn the show over to himself with his over the top attitude. Im sure there must be a more suitable candidate for the post