Gran Turismo 5

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the seasonal events are great for earning quick cash, haven't tried them meyself.

yeah, but then I think I need cash to buy a car for each of them.

Is the trade in prices of cars crap ??

I have my mini cooper S with turbo and would like to trade it and buy the standard mini cooper S again.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man I hate google, is anyone else getting Mr Clutch ads on this thread? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man I hate google, is anyone else getting Mr Clutch ads on this thread? ;)

I dont get ads on here :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    yeah, but then I think I need cash to buy a car for each of them.

Is the trade in prices of cars crap ??

I have my mini cooper S with turbo and would like to trade it and buy the standard mini cooper S again.

Oh yeah, I forgot you had that problem! Can't you just remove the Turbo? I know you can't downgrade the engine upgrades but (going by reality) turrbo kits should be removable.

I've not tried to sell any cars as would li8ke that 1000 vcars trophy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldnt see any option to remove it.
  • hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    go to your garage and select your car, then click on settings and the select department tyres/engine etc. untick the modded turbo and select standard.

I had to remove all my focus st mods to compete in 1 of the special races
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hypervisor wrote: »
    go to your garage and select your car, then click on settings and the select department tyres/engine etc. untick the modded turbo and select standard.

I had to remove all my focus st mods to compete in 1 of the special races

Thanks, will be on to this later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what car evolution have people been going with?

My first purchase was a '97 MX5, which I powered up to 210bhp, seeing me through most of the open Beginner races. I actually owned exactly the same model myself until a couple of years ago, so I painted it the same colour and supercharged it, making it identical to my one :)

The next car I needed to buy was a classic so picked up a '67 Toyota 2000GT, meh, it did the job required after a bit of money spent.

Best prize car yet was a '91 Mugen Honda Civic (my first Race-Ready car).

Now I have the Ferrari 512BB, which is a monster, but needs a little more refinement, and possibly some expensive tyres, I'm not far off the pace of the Miura in the Supercar Nostalgia race in the Amateur series, but the slightest mistake and he's off into the sunset!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    take it you all know you can log in here https://us.gran-turismo.com and when you click on likes of LOG, it shows your whole history of what you have done, bought etc.

Just in case someone out there didnt know.
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know. Cool Gilly :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    take it you all know you can log in here https://us.gran-turismo.com and when you click on likes of LOG, it shows your whole history of what you have done, bought etc.

Just in case someone out there didnt know.

cheers, it informed me it's actually a 1987 Mugen Civis I have, not '91
  • hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    had a fto on the used car list, then moved to the focus ST, then the skyline tuned upto over 570bhp.

using all the free cars now to complete all the challenges.

normally spend 3000 modding each car to make sure i'll finish 1st. Currently loving the lupo modded up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    man forget custom soundtracks. GT 5 has really good songs. Listening to Pas avec toi by Plastiscines or Lorn - Cherry Moon always makes me pumped up!

who knew the folks in japan listened to french music!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRj2VUrv7V0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91 purchased
    MINI COOPER S '07 purchased.

apart from getting the Kart and I think a couple of other cars for B licence and things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elan Morin wrote: »
    man forget custom soundtracks. GT 5 has really good songs. Listening to Pas avec toi by Plastiscines or Lorn - Cherry Moon always makes me pumped up!

who knew the folks in japan listened to french music!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRj2VUrv7V0

The music has been chosen by the designers for the game. I think it would be a sin to play your own music over the menu and races.

Though I feel the same for any game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    The music has been chosen by the designers for the game. I think it would be a sin to play your own music over the menu and races.

Though I feel the same for any game.

Sorry, but all the plinky-plonky, shoopy-doopy jazz in the menus does my head in, it always has done since 3!

Also, with 3 there were some iconic tunes on that soundtrack, and I think everytime I see a GT game I have Feeder and "Just a Day" going round in my head.

In 5 I've not heard a single song that made me think "This is a great driving tune," hence I switched to User BGM yesterday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol @Gran turismo:

4 hours ago you won Silver at the Top Gear Test track.

3 hours ago you won Gold at the Top Gear Test track.

:D. . . .really showcases my perseverance. I wasn't quitting that track until I got my gold :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but all the plinky-plonky, shoopy-doopy jazz in the menus does my head in, it always has done since 3!

Also, with 3 there were some iconic tunes on that soundtrack, and I think everytime I see a GT game I have Feeder and "Just a Day" going round in my head.

In 5 I've not heard a single song that made me think "This is a great driving tune," hence I switched to User BGM yesterday.

I remember Feeder . . .that was a great track :)

I *LOVE* the piano menu music . . .but then I play Piano so it's ideal for me :D

During my first race though. . .it was playing trance music while me and 11 other Fiat 500's (the old ones!) were driving around London at about 30-40mph :D hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

haha i know what u mean. but you can pick and choose what songs to play if u go to the music library in the gt mode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if you can turn off damage?

I'm approaching the damage levels now and don't want it to kick in as I don't want to spend credits fixing up dents and scratches :)

Also. . .with damage on it will make me a more cautious driver and turn me from Louis Hamilton into Jenson Button. I like taking risks to get to the top. . .but I won't do if I know I've to pay for the damage :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I feel I can get this Camper van thing now. I was going for 3rd when one pulled out in front of me and I clatered it but I CAN do this. I'm having to swap at the moment with my son so he can get a shot.

Also, back to my Cooper. I have stripped it of Turbo and nothing else is on it and yet I have 176bhp and the max allowed in the race is 172bph. I've raced in this before though so dont know what has happened. :(
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you race with friends online? Gillyallan, did you get the truck I sent you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah just seen that OMTT, thanks. It was a white car/truck

you or them create an online room and then the others can join it via the community (I think)

well, thats the way me and Paul done it the other night.

I'm up for trying a game if other DSers are, but I'll be lucky to make a race of it, as like scalextric, I normally fly off the track.

My son is messing around on mine just now, but can soon sort that out LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Did you do an oil change? That increases your HP.

Thought these seasonal events would be fun had a quick look today and was so disappointed. Hate I have to buy the cars to compete? Why not just have it like a normal special event or licence test and let me borrow the correct spec car for the race and save me having to spend credits? Also why don't they start with a grid start? I'm already 30 seconds behind the other cars at the race starts and with the silly restrictions on the cars not even I can pull that back. Tried the Nascar challenge round Nurburgring and quit after one lap of the race as I was 43 seconds behind with no glimpse of another car anywhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahh yeah I did do an oil change. :(

I bought a Focus now and have played on the Madrid seasonal course. I am earning mega money in that for finishing 6th and then 3rd next race. A few more of even those places will boost my funds no end.

My son is going into all my bloomin races. He was rallying a minute ago and now seems to be in a touring car one. Time I chucked him off it I think