Options

Baby Death

Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
Forum Member
Should a soap do a storyline where a parent brings a baby to bed and perhaps rolls over on to the child?

Comments

• Options
    MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps chesney and katy could go down that route
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, okay. So long as Ronnie doesn't come about....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That would actually be a good storyline for Chesney and Katy. Although admittedly a bit grim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, okay. So long as Ronnie doesn't come about....

god imagine the blood bath
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is Ronnie returning to Eastenders?
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soaps are reluctant to invest 9 months in a character bing pregnant without any real pay off for the character. Yes babies have died in soaps, but it's a plot devise used as part of a bigger overall storyline.

Personally I think it's one of those ideas that has no reward for the audience: no one wants to see a baby die in soap land.

As for a baby being suffocated in bed by a parent rollin on them, Eastenders addressed this YEARS ago - Ben wouldn't settle, so Kathy started bringing him to bed with her and Phil. Phil refused to sleep in the bed for fear of rolling onto him.

Personally I'd rather see a storyline where a mother is judged as unfit BEFORE the baby is born and social services take the child on the day they are born. This happens far too much in real life unfortunately. They should then have had the Mother attempt to turn her life around, only to fail and have the court rule the child is placed up for adoption. In real life this process can take 2 years, and would be a good storyline I feel (and one they should have done with Lola in EE - as she has 1 child in care, if she were to fall pregnant Social Services would generally remove the new child, if personal circumstances hadn't changed).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Admittedly it would be a very grim storyline but it would also be educational.

It said on my local news earlier that this was playing a part in increased baby deaths.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hes hardly a baby but im still praying on them bogging that simon barlow a little
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of Simon I take it Marley?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    Not a fan of Simon I take it Marley?

cant stand the little twerp him and that dirty leanne mop
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He is a bit of a brat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a bit of a brat!

a bit, understatement they should make him into funiture or something for the new rovers mix things up a little
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    No because it would have come about due to misinformed and I'll researched rubbish, like that report yesterday.
    It's called cot death for a reason, there are risks to both methods of sleeping but no one tells you not to put baby in a cot, despite the fact a lot of baby's die in one, alone.
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be interesting if shortly after getting Lola back, Lexi walks into Lola's room one morning and finds her dead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Is Ronnie returning to Eastenders?

i think for 6 months
  • Options
    LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be interesting if shortly after getting Lola back, Lexi walks into Lola's room one morning and finds her dead.

god that would just be to awful (i know it happens in real life but the journey lola has been through has been good for character development i'm interested where they take her character when she gets lexi back)