Options

Suddenly feel rather depressed.

2»

Comments

• Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    tothegrand wrote: »
    That may be true, But I would not want to become trapped on them as relatives have done so, until their deaths.

I am not depressed anyway, just feeling down, Im sure it will pass soon.:)

Hopefully it will pass :) and these days it is now the practice to wean people off antidepressants once the underlying condition has been dealt with by the progressive reduction in dose over a period of weeks/months so that long term dependency issues don't arise.
  • Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was diagnosed with depression when I was 20, and was prescribed Prozac. I was scared to take them because of well meaning but irrational members of my family believing the scare stories prevailent in the news at the time - and foolishly I was more inclined to believe them than my GP. 12 years later I found the depression so debilitating that I had to go for help, and took the medication prescribed. It really did help. Think of medication as one tool in the armoury for treating depression - it has its place. Equally useful to me was Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), which deals with some of the aspects of depression - such as automatic thinking, etc.
    You are not alone, and although not all treatments suit everyone, there is a wide range of them and a load of professionals out there who can help you. Mental health issues no longer carry the stigma they once did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need some psychiatric treatment, you clearly aren`t well my friend.