Brilliant Just A Minute tonight

2»

Comments

• ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was very good again tonight! Must be rare to have 3 different rounds with a performer speaking for the entire minute uninterrupted!
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed tonight's one as well, with lots of nice moments - I thought Holly Walsh was excellent (surprisingly for me) for her debut show.

Here's iplayer link http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03wpc1j

Incidentally the one which initially started this thread from last year is on the 2013 CD.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another good episode tonight.......with Paul, Julian Clary, Stephen Fry and David Tenant

Stephen Fry has potential for the game........obviously he's too busy to be a regular which is a shame as he could turn into the next Kenneth Williams with a bit of time.......:D
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why isn't Just a Minute available as a podcast? I used to like downloading these episodes from Radio Downloader, but that isn't available anymore and I miss hearing JAM on my way to/from work on my MP3.
  • LeeBoy19LeeBoy19 Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Gyles Brandredth, Tony Hawks, Sue Perkins and I think I'll have to just edge out Marcus Brigstocke, Susan Calman, Julian Clary and Miles Jupp in favour of Charles Collingwood.

Am I allowed not to have Paul on the panel?

Whilst I have listened for years (maybe even decades) I still find him really annoying because he always seems so desperate to win. He's always jumping in with a second to go in a really predatory way. He picks people up for the slightest deviation and yet is allowed to ramble on about complete nonsense and given "the benefit of the doubt" if anyone challenges him. The number of times Nicholas has said "I'll give Paul a bonus point because we all enjoyed his interuption" and I've yelled at the radio "I bloody didn't!". :D

EDIT - Actuallly I'd happily have a Quiz Show Host special with David Mitchell, Rob Brydon, Dara O'Briain and Stephen Fry. Hell, throw in Sandy and Sue too. :p
    I think Paul gets favourable treatment from
    Nicholas time after time and would agree he does at times seem desperate to win. He used to be the same on HIGNFY when it first started. Seemed less so when he returned after taking a break for a couple of series, maybe he needs resting from JAM for a series or two. I think there is too much use of the 'benefit of doubt' altogether for all contestants.