T Mobile Froyo 2.2 download on my Galaxy S broken phone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
Forum Member
Connected my Galaxy S to my computer tonight to put some music on it. Kies informed me a new firmware upgrade was available. I'd heard T Mobile had finally released 2.2 but hadn't bothered with it. I thought as I wasn't doing much I'd install it. Everything seemed to go okay in the download and what have you. Phone powered off. Phone never powered back on again. I powered the phone on and was greeted with a little symbol of a phone and orange exclamation mark and a computer. Quick search of net tells me this phone is now bricked. So will be phoning T Mobile in the morning with a very angry call.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Got my Galaxy S back from repair today. Seems like they managed to re-flash it with Firmware 2.1. So have updated using Kies to 2.2 and its working this time. Couple of issues now though Obviously my Phone has lost all data from repair, trying to use T Mobile phonebook backup on my phone it refuses to sync and the thing needs to be force closed. Any tips for fixing this as not got any contact information saved elsewhere, so need to be able to download from My T Mobile.

Only other thing I notice with my phone is that the back case now has a nice Orange Logo on it instead of my previous T Mobile/Google one. So wonder if the repair centre got my case mixed up with someone elses.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Got my Galaxy S back from repair today. Seems like they managed to re-flash it with Firmware 2.1. So have updated using Kies to 2.2 and its working this time. Couple of issues now though Obviously my Phone has lost all data from repair, trying to use T Mobile phonebook backup on my phone it refuses to sync and the thing needs to be force closed. Any tips for fixing this as not got any contact information saved elsewhere, so need to be able to download from My T Mobile.

Only other thing I notice with my phone is that the back case now has a nice Orange Logo on it instead of my previous T Mobile/Google one. So wonder if the repair centre got my case mixed up with someone elses.

If that has happened I would contact T-Mobile as the handset hasn't returned in the condition it left. For all you know you could be using an original Orange handset branded with T-Mobile firmware. Get them to correct it. customer.service@t-mobile.co.uk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    No checked the phone and the main handset is the same as I returned, the imei number matches my box and original paperwork, only the back case has changed, so obviously the repair centre T Mobile sent it to have put the wrong back on.

Just need to know how to get my sync working so I can download my contacts.