Options

Unable to playback a recording

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
Forum Member
✭✭
Recorded a program earlier on E4HD, it recored fine but when playing back it seizes up as the program starts, moving to any part fo the recording just shows a blue screen.
The adverts were fine it just seized as the program started.

I know this was a big problem on the old EPG but this is the first time I have had it happen on the new EPG, thought they cured this problem.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I have had this problem too. Started with recordings of Hollyoaks on Thursday. Basically just delete the recordings and then do a planner rebuild. You can then resume watching any previously recorded programs and anytime content. I think until a software fix, probably best not to record from E4HD for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had this problem too. Started with recordings of Hollyoaks on Thursday. Basically just delete the recordings and then do a planner rebuild. You can then resume watching any previously recorded programs and anytime content. I think until a software fix, probably best not to record from E4HD for a while.

It was only the one program, I just deleted it, its the first time it ever happened with the new EPG.
  • Options
    KeyserSozeKeyserSoze Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funnily enough, that happened to me and that was on E4HD recording of Ugly Betty. It got to a point, pixelated, then no matter how much fast forwarding I did, just gave the blue screen. Then if I went back into the planner and tried to watch something else I'd recorded, that too was a blue screen and nothing worked. I deleted Ugly Betty, did the (Installers Menu) Housekeeping Option and the box rebooted, and all worked fine after that. (Samsung Box).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Had exactly the same problem with recording Ugly Betty (pixelated part way through and then froze on blue screen) and had to delete before playback of any other recording would work (Pace box)
  • Options
    tigermadtigermad Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amstrad Box. 3 episodes of Hollyoaks on E4HD have frozen just before the opening titels have finished!

What the heck is happening. I know ever since E4hd started Hollyoaks has had glitches just after the opening titles. Maybe this has screwed everyones boxes up now? :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Have had the same problem when recording E4HD but then nothing will play from the planner no matter which channel it was recorded from, including Anytime + until a reboot.

I'm in big trouble with my wife as Hollyoaks and Ugly Betty were hers and she wasn't bothered about them being recorded in HD but I set it up anyway. Oops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recorded a few things on E4 as test tonight, all recorded fine.

I recorded life unexpected and it froze just as it went to the program so it must be something they are doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone wants to let E4HD know about the problem, fill this form in. If they don't know they won't be able to fix it.

http://help.channel4.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=C4_Author,Company={2EA1BB9C-510E-44A5-A481-01EB1DDA1669},USETEMPLATE=contact_ve.tem
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    tigermad wrote: »
    If anyone wants to let E4HD know about the problem, fill this form in. If they don't know they won't be able to fix it.

http://help.channel4.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=C4_Author,Company={2EA1BB9C-510E-44A5-A481-01EB1DDA1669},USETEMPLATE=contact_ve.tem

Surely E4 don't make the firmware/epg software or is this a broadcast cockup on their part again..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pkc wrote: »
    Surely E4 don't make the firmware/epg software or is this a broadcast cockup on their part again..

Surely It is the broadcast that is the problem. Nothing to do with the boxes. Sky would not do anything if we called them.
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes... ugly betty on E4 HD!!! thought i was the only one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Same problem with last Saturdays recording of Ugly Betty from E4 HD. After trying playback it will cause all other recordings on the box to no longer play until rebooted. It is like it corrupts something in memory only fixed with a reboot - but the Ugly Betty recording still doesn't work. Pace box, with the latest software. It looks like a broadcast fault, as watching E4HD live the other day the program broke up and the picture froze for a few minutes, when regular E4 was fine.
  • Options
    cliff3004cliff3004 Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    i am having this problem with sky arts hd channel
  • Options
    DuffledorfDuffledorf Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Same problem here when recording Life Unexpected this week from E4HD, not had this problem before and record lots from this channel.

Recording started ok, then image froze in E4 ident before going to blue screen. Full length of programme their and could ff to end, but blue screen all the way. All other recording seem fine.

Have deleted it and set to record again on Wednesday.

Duff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duffledorf wrote: »
    Same problem here when recording Life Unexpected this week from E4HD, not had this problem before and record lots from this channel.

Recording started ok, then image froze in E4 ident before going to blue screen. Full length of programme their and could ff to end, but blue screen all the way. All other recording seem fine.

Have deleted it and set to record again on Wednesday.

Duff

Exactly the same as me, proving its a broadcast problem.
    Set mine to record wednesday as well.
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    I had a problem with a program coming up "program ended" when I tried to ff. (Discovery HD I think).

I checked before viewing that it had recorded the whole program (63 mins or sumut), yet 20 mins in - program end.

I then pressed play - user defined - 20 mins and it played fine until the proper end?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tigermad wrote: »
    Surely It is the broadcast that is the problem. Nothing to do with the boxes. Sky would not do anything if we called them.

Wouldn't be the first time that SKY's firmware screws over up a channel.. its happened in the past!
  • Options
    DuffledorfDuffledorf Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Have brought this thread to the attention of Channel 4 and they have responded to say they will get their technical team to look into it. However they point out that as some contributers here are also saying the problem exists on other channels, it needs bringing to Sky's attention. Any takers for that task?

Duff
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havnt checked my life unexpected recording yet, but it did it with ugly betty so... il just record the repeat of it anyway, just incase!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Duffledorf wrote: »
    Have brought this thread to the attention of Channel 4 and they have responded to say they will get their technical team to look into it. However they point out that as some contributers here are also saying the problem exists on other channels, it needs bringing to Sky's attention. Any takers for that task?

Duff

As I said above its not a broadcast issue, its more likely the Firmware that is again at fault!
  • Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pkc wrote: »
    As I said above its not a broadcast issue, its more likely the Firmware that is again at fault!
    I am 100% with you on this. Ugly Betty from E4HD was fine on my Thomson box (Satcure PSU & WD 1TB HDD).
  • Options
    izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRTHD wrote: »
    I had a problem with a program coming up "program ended" when I tried to ff. (Discovery HD I think).

I checked before viewing that it had recorded the whole program (63 mins or sumut), yet 20 mins in - program end.

I then pressed play - user defined - 20 mins and it played fine until the proper end?

Oh I had that the other day too. I can't remember what program it was though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Same problem with last Saturdays recording of Ugly Betty from E4 HD. After trying playback it will cause all other recordings on the box to no longer play until rebooted. It is like it corrupts something in memory only fixed with a reboot - but the Ugly Betty recording still doesn't work. Pace box, with the latest software. It looks like a broadcast fault, as watching E4HD live the other day the program broke up and the picture froze for a few minutes, when regular E4 was fine.

Me too, same programe and we watch about 30 mins and then it just stopped, blue screen all the way to the end! box set to record this Saturday mornings repeat so we don't miss it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Hi All

We are aware of the problems that some of you have been experiencing with recording events at or around 7pm on a number of channels including E4 HD. We have carried out an investigation and as a result, we now believe that this issue has been resolved.

We do not expect you to see any further occurrences of this issue, please do let us know if you do.

Thanks

The Sky+HD Team
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi All

We are aware of the problems that some of you have been experiencing with recording events at or around 7pm on a number of channels including E4 HD. We have carried out an investigation and as a result, we now believe that this issue has been resolved.

We do not expect you to see any further occurrences of this issue, please do let us know if you do.

Thanks

The Sky+HD Team

Excellent news, shame you cant do anything about the poor HDPQ on E4HD :D