Maroon 5 & Christina #1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
Forum Member
http://www.billboard.com/news/maroon-5-christina-aguilera-s-jagger-moves-1005334882.story#/news/maroon-5-christina-aguilera-s-jagger-moves-1005334882.story

Maroon 5's 2nd chart topper and Christina's 5th

Great for Christina aswell because only this time last year people were speculating whether she would ever get a #1 again.
Just congratulating both parties so please dont troll with "urrrr christina is only featured on the song it doesnt count" because it does

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Yaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssss
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Good news. It's a good song, if anything it could do with more Christina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is excellent news, it's such a fresh and fun summery song. I'd have liked more Christina in the song too. :)
  • Cha Cha HeelsCha Cha Heels Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see if this revives Christina's career when she next releases an album.
  • MindBodySoulMindBodySoul Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    That's nice. Apparentley it's XTina's first Number 1 in 10 years!:eek:

I like the song, but I think both acts owe A LOT to The Voice.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    To be honest i reckon she'll do pretty well next go round, i mean the only way is up right? Also dont know if you guys have seen the articles about the supposed Bionic sabotage?http://www.examiner.com/pop-music-in-chicago/the-conspiracy-behind-christina-aguilera-s-bionic-bomb
    I remember perezhilton claiming 'You Lost Me' was terrible and trash when it leaked which is pretty unjustified considering its a great song and almost sounds like something Adele could sing at the moment. Bionic was definitely blown out of proportion with bad press!
    But yeah i think shes probably one of the smartest artists so she knows what shes doing and is playing it more carefully this time, also see shes aligning herself with Adele (rather than criticising) and slowly gaining popularity back
    Forum Member
    To be honest i reckon she'll do pretty well next go round, i mean the only way is up right? Also dont know if you guys have seen the articles about the supposed Bionic sabotage?http://www.examiner.com/pop-music-in-chicago/the-conspiracy-behind-christina-aguilera-s-bionic-bomb
    I remember perezhilton claiming 'You Lost Me' was terrible and trash when it leaked which is pretty unjustified considering its a great song and almost sounds like something Adele could sing at the moment. Bionic was definitely blown out of proportion with bad press!
    But yeah i think shes probably one of the smartest artists so she knows what shes doing and is playing it more carefully this time, also see shes aligning herself with Adele (rather than criticising) and slowly gaining popularity back
    I've read this article and I agree that 'Bionic' was slated without an actual reason.I can imagine that after B2B people were shocked with NMT and maybe they expected something better lyrically, but they bashed the album like it was Rebecca Black's debut.Christina had done her best to show people that she wasn't Baby Jane anymore by releasing 'Keeps Getting Better' which was a very clever move, but people still weren't very into 'Bionic'.I think she was indeed sabotaged.People were loving NMT and suddenly it became one of the most hated songs of 2010.Anyway, that all belongs to the past now, but 'Bionic' is still an epic album!!
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is good news, especially for Christina after her career was slightly on the wane.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like the song, don't like Maroon 5 (at all) but congrats to Christina :cool:
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a well deserved number one in my opinion and I'm happy that Christina is part of it and gets to share the glory.

I'm not a Christina fan though I like some of her songs. In my opinion her career was never over. Yes, Bionic was a massive flop and Christina definitely lost her way on that album a bit, but when you have a voice like Christina and have been in the industry aslong as she has, you're not going anywhere fast. Christina has (arguably) the best voice of our generation, or certainly ONE of the best voices of our generation. She'll come back hard with her next album. I think her involvement in "The Voice" and her collaboration with Maroon 5 will have given her some confidence back, she'll be ready to take on the next album.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    That is good news, especially for Christina after her career was slightly on the wane.

to be fair both parties needed the boost. maroon 5`s last album was also under performing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    It makes Britney & Christina the only 2 females to have #1's in the 90's, 00's and 10's

and christina the 8th artist to span 3 decades of #1's (i think)

others; britney, usher, janet, elton, madonna, MJ, stevie wonder

correct me if i missed out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news. Really happy for Xtina after how badly Bionic performed.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, happy for both. Happier for Christina just because of the stick she's got recently. I do wish there was more of her on it though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i didnt like this at first but its really grown on me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    'Moves Like Jagger' has hit NUMBER 1 in 19 countries

http://www.musicchartheaven.com/artistsM/maroonother.htm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im super happy about this. both of them are super talented! I mean 'Stripped' 'Songs about Jane' HELLO?! lol

just hope they can both build on this momentum and continue the success individually
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    to be fair both parties needed the boost. maroon 5`s last album was also under performing.

Actually their last album did well

It was their current album that flopped but has since rebounded when they did a re-release.
    Forum Member

It was their current album that flopped but has since rebounded when they did a re-release.
    Sadly, it didn't bounce back.It's still not selling well at all and the only single that is promoting the re-release is MLJ, so they definetely needed both the show and Christina.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i was referring to their current album. was it not the last album they released? :)
    Forum Member
    OT: It's a bit frustrating that all the appreciation threads have been moved to the Music Appreciation sub-forum.I was looking for Christina's thread to post about MLJ and I found it in a sub-forum that hardly anybody knows about currently :(