Options

Louis deserves to win as much as the others

Comments

• Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Yip, any two of Louis and Flavia's best dances could easily more than match any two best dances of anyone else IMO. :) If they pull out the Salsa and Charleston next week they could definitely be on to a winner still. I think Kimberley will do her Fusion dance but Louis' Charleston is every bit as appealing and crowd pleasing. :)

I would love to see that Charleston again :D I don't care what they say about Denise's charleston to me Louis's the best :D
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's definitely improved over the series, but he's still not up there with Dani, Denise and Kimberley for me. He just doesn't sell the dances for me. However, Louis definitely deserves a place in the final with those 3 women - and not Lisa.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont about anyone else, but I want Louis to win however, dont think he will. I dont even think he is good looking so my judgment is not made on his looks. My reasons for Louis winning are simply based on improvement and progress made from week one considering he does not have any stage school training. He's had to learn a lot more than others.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I think it's the producers bornfree. Also I think they probably want Kimberley to get to the final so perhaps they gave her dances they thought would showcase her well.

I don't mind Kimberley, she's done a few memorable dances and if she gets to the finals she deserves to be there but I prefer watching Louis as I think he's been the stronger dancer over the whole series.

Me too. I actually think a Kimberley v Louis final 2 would be an amazing watch.

Louis' best dances are right up there with anyone's. I've totally loved his tango, foxtrot, salsa and charleston. I'd love to see his samba again though. If he could increase the performance aspect of it and laugh and smile, It would be ridiculously amazing. Craig was wrong when he judged it and that clouds people's opinions.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Me too. I actually think a Kimberley v Louis final 2 would be an amazing watch.

Louis' best dances are right up there with anyone's. I've totally loved his tango, foxtrot, salsa and charleston. I'd love to see his samba again though. If he could increase the performance aspect of it and laugh and smile, It would be ridiculously amazing. Craig was wrong when he judged it and that clouds people's opinions.

I have noticed that too, also noticed how support Louis has lost on these forums and I cant help feeling people take too much notice of Craig's negativity towards Louis.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I have noticed that too, also noticed how support Louis has lost on these forums and I cant help feeling people take too much notice of Craig's negativity towards Louis.

Well Craig is very knowledgeable bornfree.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help but feel sorry for him when he is the underdog and the judges obviously don't like him :confused:

I do hope he gets to the final. I don't mind who wins along as it's not Denise.:)
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm guilty of that, but I also think he is good and look forward to him dancing. I've loved some of his routines such as the Zombie, the Charleston and dirty dancing was great.
  • Options
    daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Another point: People keep saying that Louis has never had a WOW dance.

I thought the Dirty Dancing Salsa certainly had the WOW factor! His Ballroom Tango was brilliant! And his Charleston was the best I'd ever seen.

All my own opinion of course. :)

But he certainly led in you-tube views on those weeks in particular.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Another point: People keep saying that Louis has never had a WOW dance.

I thought the Dirty Dancing Salsa certainly had the WOW factor! His Ballroom Tango was brilliant! And his Charleston was the best I'd ever seen.

All my own opinion of course. :)

But he certainly led in you-tube views on those weeks in particular.

I think he has had more WOW dances than anyone else this series. Those ones you have mentioned are particular favourites of mine but his Samba was so good too with brilliant choreography (pity they were both feeling ill that week)... and I also really loved their waltz which was spoiled by the judges bickering over it :( ... and last weeks Rumba fusion was gorgeous and last nights Foxtrot was fab!! :D

Yes, I know I am biased but I do really think they have had more stand out dances than most....:D
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just out of interest, who choses the dances for the contestants? I always thought it was the contestants. In that case Kimberley is lucky that she is given dances that enable her to show off including the horrible pout.

I so agree her dances have been really laid on for her to make her standout. She has been acting on the West End, dancing and performing experience, so she should excel. Still dont like her though due to that awful fully promoted Girl's Aloud this year on SCD.

I hope Louis wins due to the fact he has less experience in all fields than the rest and he has tried so hard.
  • Options
    themightypierrethemightypierre Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't think he has improved enough and he simply hasn't excited me in any dance, bar the zombie one which was pretty cool. I'm really trying to be objective but, pleasant as he may be, he just does not excite me in any way.

I know he is going to win but its an undeserved victory next to Dani or Kimberley who have genuinely grown and improved throughout the competition.

Still its not the first time the secondary dancer has won and it won't be the last. Incidentally I think Flavia knows he's not as good as the others to. She looks sheepish to me at times.
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    Why would Flavia look sheepish? It's not like he's been getting marked better than the others have for the past couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People keep saying that Louis has never had a WOW dance.

He hasn't for me, quite simply, and that's one of the reasons why I don't want him to win. His Charleston came closest but for me it still pales in comparison to Denise, Dani and especially Kimberley's Charlestons. And the Dirty Dancing dance (it wasn't a salsa) wasn't a 'wow' for me either as I didn't feel wowed by a carbon copy of the movie dance. If it had done something completely different with the music, then I might have been wowed, but I wasn't impressed by what they did do.

Just my opinion, of course.

He's not a bad dancer (though I think he's the weakest of those left) but he's never remotely excited me, whereas I love watching Kimberley and Dani dance and more often than not Denise as well.

So that's why I'd be disappointed if he wins, and think that Kimberley and Dani especially would be more deserving winners as to me they're both a more complete package and I get much more enjoyment from watching them perform :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellieb123 wrote: »
    Why would Flavia look sheepish? It's not like he's been getting marked better than the others have for the past couple of weeks.

At the audience's OTT reactions to slightly better than average dances.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, Louis is a weaker dancer than Dani, Denise and Kimberley and I don't look forward to seeing his dances at all well, he comes across as really dull and him and Flavia just don't work as a couple as far as I'm concerned. Yes I find him attractive, but that would never be enough to even contribute to me supporting someone, I wish I could say I get the appeal but I really don't. If he wins, which I think he undoubtably will, he will definitely be my least favourite winner ever.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hasn't for me, quite simply, and that's one of the reasons why I don't want him to win. His Charleston came closest but for me it still pales in comparison to Denise, Dani and especially Kimberley's Charlestons. And the Dirty Dancing dance (it wasn't a salsa) wasn't a 'wow' for me either as I didn't feel wowed by a carbon copy of the movie dance. If it had done something completely different with the music, then I might have been wowed, but I wasn't impressed by what they did do.

Just my opinion, of course.

He's not a bad dancer (though I think he's the weakest of those left) but he's never remotely excited me, whereas I love watching Kimberley and Dani dance and more often than not Denise as well.

So that's why I'd be disappointed if he wins, and think that Kimberley and Dani especially would be more deserving winners as to me they're both a more complete package and I get much more enjoyment from watching them perform :)

I agree with this.

Louis hasn't wowed me once. He's been better in some dances than others, but even his Charleston, as you say, wasn't that great shakes.

He bores me. And I'm disappointed, because I really wanted to support him.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis will win if he gets more votes than anyone else.
    Simple really.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At the audience's OTT reactions to slightly better than average dances.

I don't think it's sheepish-ness, more uncomfortableness- she's not a limelight hog- where as James/Brenda/Vincent would lap it up, she's quite shy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's sheepish-ness, more uncomfortableness- she's not a limelight hog- where as James/Brenda/Vincent would lap it up, she's quite shy.

Fair point. I like Flavia. It's the only thing making Louis' coronation bearable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fair point. I like Flavia. It's the only thing making Louis' coronation bearable.

I think Kimberley and Pasha are probably going to win it now, so I shouldn't worry too much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kimberley and Pasha are probably going to win it now, so I shouldn't worry too much.

Bookies still have him as strong favourite and good luck to him. I'm just pisssed that Dani isn't going to win.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't found Louis exciting so far -- impressive often -- but not exciting. But his jive was extraordinarily lackadaisical. Everyone else was hyper, emotional, scared, improved, but Louis and Flavia between them made their worst, least imposing dance of the comp. It must have felt like being on stage without their trousers / kit; just odd, unreal, live TV without prep or script. It was as weird a performance as that.

My head is funny like this. In an odd way that makes me for the first time excited to see Louis next week, if he's still in the comp. That lived unreality should do something to his head. Light a fire, or something. Maybe he'll come alive. I'd love to see it. If you could have his technical and physical facility but with a soul and energy, you'd have a great performance.

Hope they come out fighting (though I'd love Kim and Pash to win if they could just sway enough folk)
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Yes he does.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he does deserve to win as much as the others. I hope he does win because for me I have enjoyed of his dances than the other three.